Idaho Power Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

3.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Idaho Power

Idaho Power

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Idaho Power

Interview

I only had a phone interview, but the team was very friendly and put me at ease. It was an interview with two people who asked questions back and forth.

Interview Questions
  • There were a lot of technical questions--more than I expected from a phone interview. But they were good, thoughtful questions.
    Answer Question

Idaho Power

Application

I interviewed at Idaho Power

Interview

Thorough with multiple interviewers in panel format. Appreciated guidance through the questioning. Kept it fairly conversational and looking for specific responses to questions to determine how you handled situations for your roles.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Idaho Power

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Idaho Power in Dec 2020

Interview

I had applied for the position through their website for summer position. The process was easy and had 2 steps for the interview. First one being with HR with general questions and the second being with the senior engineers.

Interview Questions
  • HR round had obvious questions related to the internship and provided more information about the position and their expectation. Second round with senior engineers was technical. Most of the questions were related to basics of power systems like - Ohms law and power calculation, Power triangle, Arc flash and its safety. Then STAR approach type questions at the end of the interview.

Idaho Power

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Idaho Power in Nov 2020

Interview

Total one hour interview started with some math, then basic questions about the power system, the last half an hour consist of behavioral questions. The interview board consisted of two members, they were friendly during the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you have had a conflict with your boss and how did you resolve it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in Nov 2018

Interview

Interview process consisted of a technical interview over the phone, which took approximately 30 minutes. Then came a behavioural interview that lasted over 2 hours with two different pairs of interviews asking a variety of STAR questions

Interview Questions
  • Identify and explain a project that you weren't able to complete to the best of your ability, and why?
3 people found this interview helpful

Idaho Power

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Idaho Power

Interview

First it goes through HR for minimal qualifications then a technical screening with a behavioral Interview with two separate teams. Mistake was to use older experiences rather than fresh within last six months.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example when a mistake in a little thing has big consequences later on?

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in Jun 2018

Interview

Behavioral interview. Took 2 hours face to face. There is a phone interview that takes 30 minutes or so if you make it through the gatekeeper. The HR team is easy to work with.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities. What did you do and how did you decide?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in Jun 2018

Interview

Utilized a standard job interview with the manager and a star format interview with the manager and 2 additional staff. Very straight forward as they were interested in understanding how you react to change and your problem solving skills. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize your work when workload is high -- meaning you likely can't complete everything -- and how do you deal with all the stakeholders?

Application

Interview

It was a fast process from the time that I applied until the time that I received a phone interview. The folks were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in Nov 2017

Interview

Applied online and received a call to set up the interview process. I was interviewed for a position (supply chain) that I didn't apply for. Once we had that squared away I decided to go ahead with the interview anyway, figuring I could get the experience. The phone interview took place with three people from Idaho powere on the line.

Interview Questions
  • Matrix questions asked regarding Supply Chain. Describe a matrix you created to solve an out of the box situation. Behavioral based questions too.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews