InMobi Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

InMobi Interview Questions

Interviews at InMobi

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InMobi in July 2020.

Interview

I received a LinkedIn message from a recruiter stating they had an HRBP role available, as someone looking to grow this role interested me. I asked for a job description so I could review, next thing you know I received a job description (title HR Generalist) at 10 pm at night and calendar invite for 8:30 a.m. the next day. Giving me less than 24 hours to review the JD and determine if I want to move forward. I ask the recruiter to move the call out one more day.

Day of the interview, I realize it's a dial in number for the call (not explained to me by the recruiter) I dial in, the recruiter on the phone doesn't introduce herself and asks for me to get on video. I explain that I am by no means prepared for a video interview and she pushes me multiple times to do a video call. I pushback by saying I would be happy to re-schedule if the video call is needed, she finally relents and moves forward with a phone call.

The actual interview itself is fine, the questions asked were pretty standard but then we get deeper into the expectations of this role and it becomes apparent that this is a heavy HRIS administration role and at this point in my career I am looking for something more strategic. So as the candidate it feels like I went from interviewing for an HRBP role, to an HR Generalist role, to an HR Administrator role and she didn't really want to answer my questions regarding how the HR org functions out here in North America. As a candidate it's not uncommon to want to understand who you are reporting into, where your boss sits (recruiter says "I think in San Francisco), understand how the HR function is structured globally and in North America (where I would support).

It's at this point I've concluded that the role is not as advertised, a pretty bumpy candidate experience, and an unclear HR structure that I need to politely back out of the interview process.

While this company seems really interesting and successful, the recruiting process for North America could be improved with a few simple steps:
    - Properly label the jobs
    - Ask candidates when they're available and don't just throw a calendar invite for the next morning
    - When confirming a call, send expectations and directions so they're not flustered when the recruiter wants to do a video interview
    - For HR specifically have a better understanding of the HR org structure in the US because anyone above a coordinator level is going to want to dig deeper on this subject

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your HRIS/Payroll/Performance Management experience   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InMobi in May 2020.

Interview

Distressing Interview experience with InMobi, Bangalore.

Got to know the open positions at InMobi from LinkedIn and other job portals. I have gone through the Job description before pressing the apply button and decided firmly to give a shot.

I didn’t stop there and reached a person who’s leading the entire team where the role was entitled to in LinkedIn and was seeking directions to reach the recruiter directly. It went successfully and I forwarded the updated resume to the concern.

After the initial calls by the recruiter, I was informed that I should clear 4 different rounds from Language experts, product managers, operation team members & culture managers. Before the Interview scheduling, the package was discussed and I wasn’t comfortable a bit, but then I decided to prove myself first in the interview and agreed to appear for the following telephonic interviews.

Interviews were scheduled after the initial discussions and I performed well in all the 4 levels of Interview.

Here’s the interesting part: The greatest hype was given by the recruiter about the 4 levels of Interview in the beginning. But, during the phase of the interview, I haven’t felt anything as described by the recruiter. The time duration for each level was highlighted by the recruiter and I am referring that as ‘Overhyped’. By God’s Grace, I have Impressed all the 4 panels explaining my education and work experiences. I have got a bright hope during the last panel member’s discussion.

The Interview happened on Saturday evening that stayed nearly for 2 hrs - half an hour each. The panel members have decided to enroll me in the role as I impressed by the Experiences, Communications, and the adequate Industry knowledge for the role.

The recruiter called me the next day to discuss the remuneration; It was promised in the first call that, the remuneration will be decided based on how you perform and that helps both sides on the possible rooms for negotiations. Keeping this hope aside, I cracked it successfully and continued the conversation. But, when I start the negotiation part again, the recruiter guessed the situation rightly and replied that the panel members are yet to give the results and further communications will be escalated post feedback.

Like every other candidate, I don’t have any option and said ‘Okay, I will wait’. No updates after that, The days passed 1, 2,& 3. I contacted the recruiter again through E-mail to understand what really happened post-interview and even there the first reply was the same as discussed over the phone which is a lame excuse. I sent a 2nd email asking for a firm update.

This time the recruiter thought, it’s time to inform the real situation and came forward through a phone call. The following conversations are:

“Your interview was fantastic, responded very well and all the panel members have given a top rating on your candidature, but unfortunately the discussion we both had after the Interview with four of them haven’t gone well as you started to discuss a rise in the package (Negotiations) and my personal review is that you’re running for money and not really the work”.

The negotiation on the salary part hasn’t even started and concluded with a bad phrase really shows the cheapest attitude of the recruiter and the organization behind. Salary negotiations are the greatest part for both the sides; Employers & Employees. Also, the recruiter stated that we’re a startup and we need persons who work literally hard and who have enthusiasm, this cannot be weighed over a phone call and hence your attitude is proven that employees should accept and shake their heads right from the beginning that is before stepping into the organization. This means that only one person can speak and on the opposite side should accept and walk away.

Grow up HR:
    Does HR work for a company free of cost?
    Does the employee doesn't have the liberty to initiate bargaining and close the bet?
    Will you be working or associated with an organization putting all your time & energy for free of cost?
    This bossy attitude really sucks and definitely will pay for it in the long run in its business.

Interview Questions

• How efficiently you contribute to Onboarding social Influencers and build a community around from Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle creator categories?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InMobi.

Interview

The interview process was unpleasant. It seemed to be more about the interviewer demonstrating their knowledge and than testing mine. When I answered the questions, even after acknowledging that I had answered their questions satisfactorily, they were incredibly dismissive about my answers and seemed to be set on demonstrating their superiority.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult technical challenge you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InMobi.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter. We scheduled the phone interview and he asked me to reschedule twice after it was confirmed - he stated he had personal reasons for not making the phone interviews. After I provided my availability the third time, he never responded. As someone who works within HR and a candidate, I found this experience very to be unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InMobi (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

There are 4 rounds 1st they will give you 15 images to edit in 1and half hour you basically need to color correct them removing or blurring background and highlight the subject ..

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

applied online and set the schedule for the phone screening interview. short phone screening and then few days later, skype interview for 30mins. process was simple but the interview questions were very difficult

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone screening with the recruiter. And then was assigned a design test, The test involved designing a case study where I was handed only content. Second (optional) part was an animation/gif assignment. They gave me 3 days to get this done.

I did the case study and opted not to do the gif assignment (I still have a full-time job after all). I turn it in, and a week later, I hear that the decision maker liked my design, but wants me to do yet ANOTHER test?..... But, Im interested in the opportunity, so yet again, I do another one of their tests, this time, an infographic that they would like to see more "colorfully" done. Being as this was the second time I would have to do a assignment, I admittedly didnt put as much time into it as the first, but I told them I would do it, so I did it, and it all still takes time!

DESIGNERS, we know all these things take time. Lesson learned - I will never again invest so much time into an interview process so early on, without ever having an in-person interview, or speaking to a decision maker at the very least! Having an "assignment" for an interview is not unheard of, rare-ish, but not unheard of. What is weird is how early on they ask you to do this, and then ask you to do TWO of them, despite having liked your first one? Why dont you speak with me about my designs: my design thinking, my process. At this level, the why's are just as important, because at a Senior level, I can *make* whatever you want, but at a Senior level, there is so much more to being a Designer than just surface level, but they never allow you even get there. This to me is very telling.

Again, lesson learned, I just will never again commit so much time to an assignment early on without being evaluated on other factors, experience, and critical thinking skills that truly validate a Senior level designer.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and then an in-person interview in their San Francisco office.

It was the worst interview I have ever had!!!

The interviewer asked me some basic questions regarding my background and then proceeded to ask me three mathematical/logical questions. I was in shock that he gave me thirty seconds to answer the three questions he asked me. I essentially knew the interview was over at that point. He told me they were looking for someone extremely analytical and logical for the position. He had recently moved from India to run the team here, it was pretty clear he was looking for someone else from India to join his team. After the interview was over I was told the recruiter would follow up with me, not a word from them since. Very poor interviewing and follow up! I would not recommend!

Interview Questions

• If you had to walk from your house to the office, how many steps would it take? He said to do the math in cm and km and give him an exact number.

If I give you 4 tablets which contain 2 tablets for fever and 2 tablets for cold. All 4 are the same size, shape, and color. You have to take 1 cold and 1 fever tablet. How will you choose correctly?

You are trying to cook an egg for exactly fifteen minutes, but instead of a timer, you are given two ropes which burn for exactly 1 hour each. The ropes, however, are of uneven densities – i e , half the rope length-wise might take only two minutes to burn. How can you cook the egg for exactly fifteen minutes?   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Honestly, I never post on Glassdoor but this was by far one of the worst interviewing experiences I've dealt with. I had an initial phone screening, you know where you typically go over your background and basic questions but nope not with inmobi. I spoke to some high up who was on a muffled line and had an EXTREMELY thick accent, which coming from a first generation family, I was fine with but for a muffled phone interview had some pain points. He went over the role and asked if I was interested after confirming he let me know he had three questions for me. The first was an analytical question regarding having two pieces of rope and a box of matches and using the said items to gauge how long 15 minutes have gone by to determine if an egg was ready to boil. Confused, I struggled at first trying to understand the question but a few minutes he said "oh and the rope takes 20 minutes to burn end to end" which would have been so very helpful to have known to begin with. After getting the answer, he muttered "finally" to my awe.... Then he let me know he only had one more question basically confirming I wasn't advancing to the next round as he let me know initially there were three question. The second was something about Amazon having half their budget going to billboards and the other have going to mobile and convincing them to spend more on mobile. After what I thought was a pretty good answer, he said "that's fine...". By far a horrid experience with an extremely unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• You have two pieces of identical rope and a box of matches. An egg is boiling and takes 15 minutes to complete. The rope takes 20 minutes to burn from end to end, how can you determine when to stop boiling the egg?   1 Answer

Global Alliance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InMobi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Began with an initial phone screen. I was pleasantly surprised with the extent of her knowledge about the role and the speed at which the process moved. Though I was not actively looking, I came onsite for a meeting with the hiring manager, very open and conversational. I was then asked to come back and meet with a few other team members. I was not asked for a final interview, but from what I learned about inmobi it sounds like an interesting place to work and overall enjoyed everyone I spoke with. Only con is the office seemed quite empty and quiet.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.