Innovate UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Innovate UK Interview Questions

Interviews at Innovate UK

2.8

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Innovate UK (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Hiring via an agency. Interview was at short notice (next working day) and so only had time for limited preparation, which they did recognise to their credit.

The role -
    Desktop/server/office/miscellaneous support but essentially a jack of all trades role.
    From their description of the situation there, they agreed it had been needed for at least 6-12 months as they were so busy.
    No documentation in the team whatsoever. They themselves stated they were concerned about the consequences of knowledge loss if one of the experienced team members was absent for an extended period.

The interview
    They were late for the interview, for which they did apologise.
    - Extremely rushed. Everyone felt it, and it was not possible to relax as a result. It felt like they had more important things to get on with.
    - No technical questions asked, just very generic questions about me with no direction which led to them meandering through what felt like questions jotted down just before the interview. I tried to be as specific as possible in the interview to mitigate the questions being asked, but may have shot myself in the foot.
    - From their account, their primary focus is firefighting issues daily, with no plans for process process or capacity management, and no DR/Business Continuation processes in place. I offered to help with documentation management as a start to move to a knowledge base to help staff.

I was turned down apparently due to not having enough experience in desktop, server, or Office support experience. Ironically, my 16 yrs experience is in mainly all the above (current role sporting 450+ VMs), which left me wondering if they mixed me up with another candidate. Based upon the interview style this was entirely possible. Either that or their clairvoyance skills are not as good as they think.

Interview Questions

• No questions relating to technical competence are asked.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Innovate UK (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very comprehensive, competency based, fair and even-handed.

Face to face interview followed by competency testing.

Explanation of what the job involved was admirably clear. Panel comprised head of function and representative from HR.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience of writing and working to tight deadlines, and of adapting complex technical material for non-expert audiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, government agency

Monitoring Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Innovate UK (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online from civil service website then. my c.v was shortlisted and invited for a telephone interview. A few days later I got an email stating I was successful and another invitation for a face to face interview.

My overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• About innovate UK, business awareness, project management, challenges and how I dealt with them, why i wanted the role etc   1 Answer
    • How i managed conflicting stakeholders   Answer Question

Monitoring Procurement Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Innovate UK (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Competency based questions where you had to explain how you would deal with situations based on your previous experience. No real feeling that they cared too much about you as a person, very professional and business orientated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a member of your team has presented a problem and the rest of team were unable to provide a suitable solution, but you were able to find a solution.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.