Iress Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Iress Interview Questions

Interviews at Iress

2.8

Graduate Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iress.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Online coding challenge
    3. Video interview - given unlimited time and trials to record an answer to one question
    4. Online logical reasoning assessment - 30 minutes
    5. Assessment center - 3 rounds (1 group, 1 with HR / behavioural, 1 with technical / puzzles + 2 technical questions chosen from 2 of databases, web dev, networks, security, multithreading + general technical questions)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone you didn’t like? And how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iress (Sydney) in June 2020.

Interview

- I was referred by an employee at Iress
    - One phone screen and one round of interviews (via Zoom)
    - Very straight forward chat, interviewers were approachable and friendly
    -Most questions were regarding university

Interview Questions

• Q: What was your proudest accomplishment at university?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you understand about the role?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you enjoy most about client-related interactions?   1 Answer

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Iress (Melbourne) in May 2020.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. The questions where all related to my interest in the role, how I work with others, and what I know about the company culture. with clear communication regarding the steps involved.

Interview Questions

• HR: Asked about my interest in the company, my skills, and experience, and what kind of workplace best suites me.   Answer Question
    • VC with the line manager/s: spoke more in-depth about how I work with a big emphasis on company culture fit.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iress (Sydney) in March 2020.

Interview

After finding the opportunity in Glassdoor I submitted the application through the website.
    In just a couple of days I had the telephone screening interview by a member of the Iress HR team (Justin).
    Excellent first contact with the organisation as he checked all the important points in a very courteous and systematic way, describing next steps and forwarding me a package within the e-mail next appointment confirmation to help with the interview process. This package contained company literature, organisation values and behaviors, background check collateral, job description and a very useful "STARR" format to assist with preparation for displaying my skills and responding to questions in a structured way. This created the impression of a professional firm of happy people I would like to be a part of.
    The next interview was in person at the very well presented Iress offices near Bangaroo. Here I was face to face with two senior managers (one via impressive remote connectivity).
    This interview was more focused on capability to perform the role and suitability in the team and conducted in a chat format which felt very professional and comfortable. It reinforced my impression this was a company and people I would be happy working for and with.
    My third interview was with the other team members I would be working with. Again face to face, as Corona virus was happening but it was just before the isolation. Nice people that gave me more insight on day to day activity and culture of the team. Strengthened my desire to work for the company, the people and the role.
    With Corona virus happening - the company had to focus on the existing business and staff. The HR specialist was exceptionally good through the entire process managing expectations of next steps and very impressive when explaining potential delays due to the importance of managing existing business and staff through the crisis - and at same time keeping me informed with target date for decisions and enthusiastic.
    I received the call that I was runner up for the role which was handled in such a good way I remain appreciative of the highly professional management of the process I have been involved in.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

Interview

Initial Call with HR to screen for general background experience and relevance.
    One Hour Interview with Managing Director
    One Hour Interview with Sales team

HR was extremely helpful at providing tips and insights/preparation. There was constant follow up to make sure the applicant was always in the loop. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and your experience
      Why are you interested in this role?
      What kind of technical experience do you have?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

I have applied to Iress twice. The first time ~ 2 years ago and the second time more recently. In both instances after initial interviews, there has been no further communication from Iress. Shows complete lack of respect for candidates. I get that this probably means they don't want to progress with me, but a simple communication to that effect would be my expectation. Rest assured I will not be applying to Iress a 3rd time.

Head Office Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iress.

Interview

Initial communication good. No instructions about car parking . Interviewer very Unprofessional and unprepared. Late for the interview with no explanation. ,CV clearly hadn’t been read, basic generic questions even though a senior role.

Wealth Management Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iress (Sydney) in December 2019.

Interview

The whole interview process is very positive and is one of the most ease to me (in my experience). The HR recruiter called me to confirm interview availability, as well as sending an email to explain the pre and post interview process (with tips and how-to technique which was very helpful!). The face-to-face interview with the People Leader (the manager of the team) was on the following week and I received the interview result on the same afternoon of the interview day!

Interview Questions

• What was the favourite subject that I did in uni? And why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a bit about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me in term of your knowledge, what is the role that you are applying to, and what are the responsibilities?   Answer Question

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iress (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I'm glad to have interviewed for this company. Their company culture is so obvious from the start. There were friendly faces and honest conversations.
    I did not get the role but it was such a positive experience the HR team was great, even calling to deliver the unfavourable news but it was such a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• BA competency based questions and Organisational questions   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iress (Melbourne) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call only a few days later and was then invited in for a face to face interview.
    I met with two people from the talent team for a first round interview and then two business partners for a second interview within the same week. This was followed by a final video interview with the Hiring Manager in the UK.
    The whole process took less than two weeks and everyone who interviewed me made me feel really welcomed and at ease. I was also kept in the loop constantly with how things were tracking between stages which was a nice touch

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.