MYOB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 8 Feb 2019

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, Victoria

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Richmond, Victoria).

Interview

I first spoke on the phone with a recruiter that works for MYOB. From there, I was sent a coding exercise to complete. I submitted my completed code and after some more back-and-forth was invited in for a formal interview.

I arrived early at the Richmond office and was shown around by the recruiter who I had been in contact with. Inevitably we landed in an office and the interview involved six different interviewers in varying roles within MYOB. They came in sets of two at a time. Two technical for general chit-chat Q&A session (one dev lead, one mid-level dev), two more technical to review and pair on changes to the coding exercise that I had submitted (another dev lead, another mid-senior level), and finally two project managers for some more Q&A about culture fit, problem solving, interpersonal skills.

Overall the formal interview took about 2.5 hours, it sounds more intense than it actually felt at the time, for me. Everyone was easy enough to get along with and certainly did not come across as intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were in a stressful situation on a project. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the recruiter. I remember back then it took me 1 week to complete the process. I was given a coding exercise to complete and submit it to the recruiter once I complete the solution.

The interview was taken place back in the Glen Waverley office. I had a 2 hour interview with different tech leads. During the first interview was mainly about the culture fit for the company and explain a bit about my experience and showing my interests in tech. I was also asked to discuss the architecture of the project I was recently worked on and discussed what are the pros and cons of the technology used and the architectural decision.

After the first interview I went on and having a pair programming interview with two more dev leads and extend the solution of coding excercise. It went quite well and I received an offer in few days after.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in July 2015.

Interview

It took more than 1 month to finish interview process. I got the job offer but interview process was not fun. They were asking me questions which were not related to position I applied. I had to keep on reminding them about my position description. Interview are conducted by bunch of fools.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

na

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was scheduled after a brief telephonic conversation with the Partner Success & Consulting Manager (AU & NZ). The first round involves a frank discussion of relevant skills & employment history. I was given an opportunity to ask questions at each stage and both interviewers made me feel very comfortable. The same was the case with the second interview as well - that involved a 30 minute interview and a 30 minute presentation (on any topic I chose). Every person I interacted with throughout the process was quite friendly & straightforward and there was no attempt to play 'smoke & mirrors' just because they are a big company. A very positive experience overall!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB.

Interview

Typical HR to start with normal questions to see what your background is and what kind of sales experience has been listed.

First interview is with direct manager, then 2nd is with either a team leader or a horizontal manager to the direct.

Interview Questions

• Best sales, worst sales, worst flaw, why you're the best candidate.

Biggest thing is they will ask you to Demo a software product.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MYOB (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2010.

Interview

went through two rounds of interviews. first with QA manager, then with the GM.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in April 2017.

Interview

Smooth, real friendly environment, a team and individual interview with a focus on agile development. I had fun in the assessment day in both team activity and individual interview, never felt stressed, great overall experience.
    Their office at Glen Waverly is filled with great people and it was really a wonderful experience to meet different teams.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a Talent Advisor for a phone interview. It was the usual Q&A about my BA experience and skillset. I was then scheduled for an interview with the Development Lead (hiring manager) and a Senior BA. Both seemed very welcoming. They started by giving an overview on how their Agile teams at MYOB were structured. I was given with different sets of scenario-based questions which focused on my stakeholder management skills and my Agile experience. I learned that I passed the interview the next day from the Talent Advisor and I was also given feedback about how the interviewers thought of my performance and some things they thought I was lacking. I was told by the Advisor that they would progress my application to the final round of interview, and that he'd book a schedule for me. From that point on, everything went really slow. It took almost 3 weeks before I was able to secure a final interview slot. I did not mind waiting this long, or following up several times but there was clearly no attempt from their end to set the expectations straight. Before the day of the interview, I got an email about the details on what it was going to be about (it's a case interview and there were some specific "tips" given which I focused my preparations on). I had the final interview with 3 key members of their team. They started introducing themselves and went on explaining the mechanism for the "game" (the case). To me, the whole thing was unstructured. It was different to the brief I had prior to the interview, and the panel (while they were responsive/interactive) wouldn't give you that type of "guides" you'd expect from a case interview. I had a hard time figuring out how I could connect the brief to the actual exercise.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Waverley

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MYOB (Glen Waverley) in June 2013.

Interview

It was easy and relaxed, making it easy to bring out the best in yourself - I liked that a lot. With simple questions and gave you time to answer. With two people interviewing you didnt feel too out numbered

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cremorne, Victoria

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MYOB (Cremorne, Victoria) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial face-to-face chat with a recruiter.
    After that, there is a take home coding test. It is expected to finish within a week.
    You need to show a good test coverage in your solution.
    If you pass the coding test, there will be a behaviour interview.
    You should expect that the behaviour interview will not be like an ordinary interview which the interviewers ask you questions then you answer. They made it like that you are having a chat. For example, for the question "tell me about yourself", they don't ask that direct question, instead, the interviewer would start introducing themselves then you take your turn to introduce yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you know what Agile is?
      What are the top 3 programming languages that you want to learn?
      Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.