MYOB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 26 Feb 2019

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, Victoria

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Richmond, Victoria).

Interview

I first spoke on the phone with a recruiter that works for MYOB. From there, I was sent a coding exercise to complete. I submitted my completed code and after some more back-and-forth was invited in for a formal interview.

I arrived early at the Richmond office and was shown around by the recruiter who I had been in contact with. Inevitably we landed in an office and the interview involved six different interviewers in varying roles within MYOB. They came in sets of two at a time. Two technical for general chit-chat Q&A session (one dev lead, one mid-level dev), two more technical to review and pair on changes to the coding exercise that I had submitted (another dev lead, another mid-senior level), and finally two project managers for some more Q&A about culture fit, problem solving, interpersonal skills.

Overall the formal interview took about 2.5 hours, it sounds more intense than it actually felt at the time, for me. Everyone was easy enough to get along with and certainly did not come across as intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were in a stressful situation on a project. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the recruiter. I remember back then it took me 1 week to complete the process. I was given a coding exercise to complete and submit it to the recruiter once I complete the solution.

The interview was taken place back in the Glen Waverley office. I had a 2 hour interview with different tech leads. During the first interview was mainly about the culture fit for the company and explain a bit about my experience and showing my interests in tech. I was also asked to discuss the architecture of the project I was recently worked on and discussed what are the pros and cons of the technology used and the architectural decision.

After the first interview I went on and having a pair programming interview with two more dev leads and extend the solution of coding excercise. It went quite well and I received an offer in few days after.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in July 2015.

Interview

It took more than 1 month to finish interview process. I got the job offer but interview process was not fun. They were asking me questions which were not related to position I applied. I had to keep on reminding them about my position description. Interview are conducted by bunch of fools.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

na

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job by following a puzzle on their job posting. Completing the puzzle revealed a VIP contact which gave me the impression my application would at least lead to an interview. A few days later I received a generic rejection email. I asked for feedback on this but never heard back. Also saw they re-advertised the same job a week later.

TL;DR - Don't do the puzzle, it's not worth your time.

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was scheduled after a brief telephonic conversation with the Partner Success & Consulting Manager (AU & NZ). The first round involves a frank discussion of relevant skills & employment history. I was given an opportunity to ask questions at each stage and both interviewers made me feel very comfortable. The same was the case with the second interview as well - that involved a 30 minute interview and a 30 minute presentation (on any topic I chose). Every person I interacted with throughout the process was quite friendly & straightforward and there was no attempt to play 'smoke & mirrors' just because they are a big company. A very positive experience overall!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB.

Interview

Typical HR to start with normal questions to see what your background is and what kind of sales experience has been listed.

First interview is with direct manager, then 2nd is with either a team leader or a horizontal manager to the direct.

Interview Questions

• Best sales, worst sales, worst flaw, why you're the best candidate.

Biggest thing is they will ask you to Demo a software product.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in March 2018.

Interview

the role is c# senior developer in Melbourne office.
    First round will be a coding test using whatever tools or project type (web, desktop, etc..) to solve an income tax input/output problem. I am quite surprised there is no timeframe for it-- you can reply to them in one day or up to a week. I coded 1 day and send a zip file to them.
    Their replay said the unit test coverage is not good enough and they want to see more 'design pattern' implementation.
    As far as I know, the first round coding test should focus on the speed and accuracy. I have never experienced any coding test asking for 'high unit test coverage'.
    Then there is no face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• give you a file with data, design a software that can provide certain outputs   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MYOB (Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)).

Interview

Number of interviews. First a meeting with the CTO over cofee at a nearby cafe where we talked about the company, some tech, etc. Didnt feel like an invertview at all. Then invited to do a team interview with the team lead and another dev. They sprung on me then that I needed to do a 10 min lightening talk at the end of the interview! Was very friendly atmosphere though. Completed a final interview after that. Was great to actually meet the team I was later to join during the process!

Interview Questions

• Descibe the product you are working on currently?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MYOB (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2010.

Interview

went through two rounds of interviews. first with QA manager, then with the GM.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne) in April 2017.

Interview

Smooth, real friendly environment, a team and individual interview with a focus on agile development. I had fun in the assessment day in both team activity and individual interview, never felt stressed, great overall experience.
    Their office at Glen Waverly is filled with great people and it was really a wonderful experience to meet different teams.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.