Marathon Oil Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 77 of over 77 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview

Very comfortable interview; able to have a conversation and ask questions about the company that were clearly answered. Laid back. The gentlemen who conducted the interview were my supervisors and spoke very highly of the company and ability for growth.

Interview Questions
  • My previous experience. Strengths and weaknesses.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to have a phone interview scheduled with the hiring manager/direct supervisor. Received an invitation for an in-person interview with 4 different managers. 3 separate 30 minute interviews. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to handle a difficult situation? How did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in Aug 2019

Interview

I applied online through a job website and was emailed a request for a preliminary interview at their office in Houston. The first interview was very informal and took place in the coffee shop at the base of the office building. The questions were very broad at this interview, it was intended as an initial meet-and-greet to get a "feel" for potential candidates and lasted just under and hour. Once that interview was completed, I waited about a week to hear back about the second round interview. The second round interview was a series of several individual interviews. The were four sessions with 2 interviewers in each session asking much more specific job-based questions. Each session lasted about 30 minutes. Once this process was completed I waited to hear back for another week but was, unfortunately, not given an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in Oct 2018

Interview

Called in for an in-person interview, there was no phone screen by HR or the hiring manager. Was not contacted for the second round of interviews. Saw the job reposted about a month later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience working with challenging people

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview

The interview itself was not so terrible but the experience overall was. I dealt with 4 different HR people. I kept getting kicked around from one to the other. I had to travel from out of state to interview and the HR person didn't even know this. When I asked about travel reimbursement they were clueless that I had to travel. I had to keep bringing the issue up until I finally got an answer. I pretty much had to find my own means of getting to the interview which ended up having to be on a Friday afternoon because I had to drive 8 hrs to get to it. The interviewers were pleasant but one did let me know they would rather have spent their afternoon elsewhere. The interview was a panel interview mainly dealing with technical questions regarding my experience. I did not get an offer or the courtesy of letting me know I didn't. Followed up a few times regarding the status of the job and got very vague answers. You would think given all the effort I put into getting to the interview I would get some feedback or reimbursed. Got neither.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in May 2018

Interview

Met with an Associate General Counsel, Counsel and a paralegal. The interview was fairly relaxed. It seemed like the interviewers did not have a clear vision of what they wanted. At the time, the company had just hired a new GC, and I learned when I arrived that they had filled the position for which I applied, and were now looking for a lower level individual contributor.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my prior experiences and my willingness to take a lower position than the one I had applied for.

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview

Applied online, received an email to an online interview. One-way interview with the question popping up on the screen, about 30 seconds to prepare, then a few minutes to talk and answer the question. 7 or 8 questions, not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in Mar 2018

Interview

Applied for two different jobs months apart. Got the interview for both jobs. Both interviews went great and we’re over 1 hour long each. Did not get either job. But did receive emails stating they liked me but hired people in house and would contact me if there was another opening. Seems like an ok company. Never heard back when I saw another opening online. I didn’t apply I figured it was a waist of time they hired in house both the other times I interviewed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Oil

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview

I did not no apply through my campus recruiting. I applied through Indeed.com. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later and then I was scheduled for an online prerecorded interview. I completed the interview in about 30 minutes. I then waited for about two more weeks and then I got a phone call from their HR representative and then I had a phone interview and right after the interview I got the offer from Marathon.

Interview Questions
9 people found this interview helpful

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in Oct 2017

Interview

Quick, Friendly, and to the point. No strange questions. Self interview while recording video, phone interview, and then an in person interview. The process was very easy and straightforward. The people involved were easy to talk to, and I enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
  • Where would you draw the line between corporate and asset level needs?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Interviews