McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,609 Interview Reviews

3.7

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Long two-month process including a coding sample, 2 informational webinars, 2 practice "coaching" interviews, and 6 formal interviews. My recruiter was very clear about process and offered many tips. They clearly expect you to independently practice case interviewing.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Messy process.

A recruiter was supposed to call me to answer my questions about the interview process after I had been selected. The next day, the recruiter said they will not call me, and instead they will put me straight into an introductory Zoom interview with a data scientist member. Ok!
    The data scientist interviewer was one of the most horrendous people I've ever seen. Never smiled, and never called me by my name, and was very arrogant and disrespectful.

That aside, he revealed a severe lack of knowledge about the field. I found myself constantly correcting his naive mistakes. He also said he's been with the company for less than a year, and had little idea about the actual work. He ended the interview and I thanked him.

The next day I received an email saying I was not selected for the next round! which I thought was a biased decision from a single inexperienced employee.

I am quite surprised by this messy interview process that's supposedly conducted by one of the most respected companies in consulting.

Interview Questions

• No specific technical questions. The interviewer did not know the difference between a physical system and a computer model!   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The digital assessment game link was sent to me. i played it to the best of my abilities but could not advance to the next level. Three games in all, a coral reef habitat ecosystem, a predict the sickness affecting a deer population

Interview Questions

• predict the sickness affecting a deer population   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

One interviewer kept asking about how I displayed leadership through my ethnic background activities. To me, this stuff is personal, and not relevant. My leadership abilities shouldn't be generalized to one part of me.

Interview Questions

• Case interview questions standard on the McKinsey website.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Getting past the screening process is difficult so make sure your resume is perfect.
    After the review process is the Imbellus test, which tests your cognitive ability. Time is crucial for this test.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email invitation to do a role simulation/personality test. After that, I had a zoom interview and then another round of role simulation tests. They then emailed me that they were not moving forward with me as a candidate but that i should apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Can you name an experience where you dealt with high levels of stress and explain how you reacted to that?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Preliminary Phone screen with case interview and coaching through case process.

First Round, Two Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Associate Partners.

Final Round, Three Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Q: How to improve the profits of an African utility company experiencing several down years in a row   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 rounds, each round has 2-3 interview sessions with different people. Easy case but the personal experience interview is where it gets tough they look for something very specific. The PEI stretches across 5 different areas and they look for you to hit across all areas if possible.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Apply online. Attended info sessions and training at the local office. 2 rounds of interviews, 2 interviewers each round, first-round skype with associates, and second-round in person with partners.

Analytics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

First submitted the online application then got called by a recruiter. She assigned me an unexpected test on Quanthub.com which includes programming problems in Python and R. 2 minutes/question. You've got be very familiar with Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn) and r Never seen people mentioned that

Interview Questions

• Are willing to travel for 80% of the time   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.