McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,915 Interview Reviews

3.7

Interview

2 virtual interviews, first with consultants (two interviews back to back), second with 3 partners (3 interviews). Cases and a personal question in every interview. Everyone was super friendly, and I was able to do multiple practice cases with various McKinsey people.

Coach - OrgSolutions, New Ventures Interview

Interview

Had a phone call with a recruiter, then a practice case call with a consultant. I dropped out of the interview process early to pursue another opportunity, but everyone I spoke with was very warm and seemed to want me to succeed. The practice case was difficult.

Interview Questions

• To calculate the sales of a product from a chart provided   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Straightforward and well explained from start to finish. They want you to succeed and will give you all the resources in order to do so.

Not easy but no surprises... other than the interviewers being unprepared and winging it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about biggest problem you solved   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, 2 case interviews in each round. 45 min each case interview including pitch, pei, 30min case and QA. Pei is just behavioral question but i will recommend ppl have a 10-min story

Interview Questions

• Could you tell me a story when you lead a team   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 back to back one-on-one interview session with different consultants, all starts with a PEI and followed by a case. The interviewers will guide you in the process if you went into the wrong direction.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Case interviews were as expected, phone interviews were easy! The process wasn't too hard and much like what I'd expected from reading online about what it would be like. I enjoyed meeting the employees but it wasn't for me.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2021.

Interview

Four cases and PEI in a row. Applied through business school, and networking really helped push me to get an interview. It was an office specific interview, and was held with four partners across zoom.

Data Scientist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

2 interviews on first round.
    PEI+Case
    PEI+TEI
    Coaching session previously is actually not that useful if u have some basic idea about what an case interview will look like.
    PEI worth a lot time to prepare, be ready is more details are required.

Associate Interview

Interview

MBA Interview
    1st Round: 2 interviews; both structured as Personal Experience Interview and a business case.

Final Round: 3 interviews; same structure

Overall, interviewers (a combination of recruiters, consultants, and partners) were friendly and straightforward.

Intern Interview

Interview

I think the virtual assessment or any assessment is a barrier to the application process. The virtual assessment was challenging but like a video game that was sort of fun.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.