McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 19 Jun 2018
1,974 Interview Reviews

3.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Case Interview Method

Be well versed in basic geopolitics, maths, and be in engaging. Be willing to back up your numbers. Remember no one likes to feel stupid, most importantly an interviewer. I'd advise you to be prepared to be intimidated and tired, and even bored, and even asking WTF am I doing here? - things that consultants experience OTJ.
    mmmk

Interview Questions

• How many pigs do you need in China?   7 Answers
    • How many tea kettles do you need in Canada?   3 Answers

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The process did not make any sense. I had a phone screen. Then I received a rejection email. Months later I got a call for a video conference interview, which was odd having been rejected. The video interviews went really well. The recruiter even told me so. I then had an in-person interview with two people. I thought they went well, but apparently not. I received another rejection email. When I asked for feedback the response I received was not only subjective, but the excuses I received were actually poor methods of grading someone. My friend had a similarly horrible interview experience with this company.

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I had one interview and it was the worst interview experience. The woman was constantly interrupted by phone calls, after I answered one question she said “no, wrong. Let’s move on to the next question,” and she rushed me out of the office saying time was up. I watched the website and they promoted the process as one of collegiality and teamwork. My experience was the exact opposite.

Interview Questions

• If an employee shows up late, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by McKinsey's HR after being selected via campus portal.

The initial HR representative I spoke with scheduled a 1:1 phone interview with another recruiter - this recruiter failed to call during the scheduled time. She reached out and asked to reschedule after about 40 minutes after the call was supposed to take place. I responded and asked what times/dates would be good for her - she never responded. I reached out again, no response. I then reached out to the initial HR representative I spoke with, and after a day, she put me back in touch with the same second HR representative. That HR representative then emailed me and asked what dates/times I'd be available to interview, I responded, then I heard nothing back. I sent a follow up - no response.

This was disappointing and bit unprofessional. If you're pursuing a career in research, I would advise you to look somewhere else.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews - one on campus, one in the office a few weeks later. The process moves very quickly and you will have little turn around time in between applying and interviewing so make sure you prepare in advance.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Phone interview, then took an aptitude test, then brought in to meet with different managers. Then came in again to meet other members of the team. Finished up with the CFO.

Office Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Three rounds, each with a higher-level up manager. They inquire about previous experience, how you handle a heavy work load and how well you work on a team. Overall it is pretty easy, but group fit is most important and skills/ability come next.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

They make you take an online assessment first. Relatively fast paced. Then they contact you for a phone interview. Best of the best work at Mckinsey. Difficult process but they handled it professionally and got back after 2-3 weeks

Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The Internet Process was neutral. It wasn't tough they asked about the company and more about the personal questions. And regarding past participations in collage. The first round was online test later on personal interview in the company venue.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The interview process is not bad. Multiple people conducting interviews so you are not pigeon holed by one person, and the questions are genuine. The process was 3 steps.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.