McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,326 of over 3.3K interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

As an experienced hire, McKinsey kindly arranged for a ten interviews with associates, partners and a couple of senior partners/ directors. I didn’t know at the time but they arranged my schedule because they had a partners meeting on the same day and tried to accomodate my desire to join because I had job offers from other companies but wanted a chance to join the firm. All interviews were different but most conducted case method and problem solving interviews. Really enjoyed meeting all the talented members and was a bit worn out at the end. Very impressive individuals with very diverse experiences. Thought I did alright but wasn’t sure whether they would extend an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Q. I have a client who is a major leading global airline. They established a rewards program that initially worked well for loyalty but competitive airline programs eroded the value and effectiveness. What would advise my client to examine and consider doing.
    Answer Question
55 people found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

HR assigned consultants to mock interview. Was very helpful in interview preparation. Moved to final round HR assigned consultants to mock interview. Was very helpful in interview preparation. Moved to final round HR assigned consultants to mock interview. Was very helpful in interview preparation. Moved to final round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

First round is 70 minute imbellus test that is similar to game simulation. Be sure to take your time. Next is phone call. After that is case. Currently awaiting the case.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

the process: phone - case - case - case; the questions: PEI (20%) + techQ (70%) + small talks (10%) the people: very efficient, supportive, but also very demanding I can see McK made a lot of efforts to build their best-in-class brand.

Interview Questions
  • How to plan for a growth strategy for a retail store chain whose profit's been declining?

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The interviewers are very friendly and at each stage of the interview they explained what aspects of your performance can be improved in the future. You need to be ready for classic case interviews.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about your previous projects. 2. What data will you need to predict the probability of failure of the factory machine

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The interview was tough, but fair. Even if you think you are getting things wrong, keep going. They want to see how you recover. It does not mean you have not gotten the job.

Interview Questions
  • They ask about fit, and also asked traditional case interview questions.

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The first round included a video game like Problem Solving Game. It was two separate games that tested critical thinking and problem solving. As described on the website it tests how you think as apposed to acquired knowledge.

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

HR call > PSG > 1st round (2 interviews-associate/EM level) > 2nd round ( 3 interviews - (Sr) partner) Each interview with the same format: opening, personal experience interview, case, q&a)

Interview Questions
  • Why is McKinsey the next step in your career? What do you really know about what we dob

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Case interviews consisting of five cases over one day, with engagement managers and partners. Assessed for ability to structure a case and show business acumen. Personal experience interviews covering one or two experiences in particular, questions on leadership and influencing.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Once you receive an interview invite, the process is very straightforward and a lot of support is provided. You are offered an interview buddy, case interview workshops, and plenty of resources. The interview structure is 2 interviews for Round One and 3 interviews for Final Round. All interviews are half behavioural and half case.

Interview Questions
  • Behaviorals is about Entrepreneurial Drive, Personal Impact, or Inclusive Leadership. Case will differ.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,326 Interviews