Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Medtronic

1,021 Interview Reviews

2.9

Manager Interview

Interview

A recruiter submitted me to Medtronic. Interviewed directly with the hiring manager by phone. They got back to me within a week and made an offer. There was a delay in starting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Panel based, STAR format interview. Panel was primarily male engineers and engineering managers. 3 hour long process with tour at end. No breaks in between. Got back to me within two weeks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to prove something to your colleagues so they would see your way.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I met the manager through a recruiting event and was introduced by a friend who worked there. I was later called and went through a 20 minute phone interview before doing 4 hours worth of interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't have enough time to complete a report with a hard deadline?   Answer Question

TAVR Program Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I filled out an application online and a few weeks later, a Recruiter reached out to me with a large questionnaire to fill out. There was no initial interview with HR, this questionnaire was I assume was a way for them to filter through the candidates on their end which - I completely understand. This questionnaire itself took me several hours to fill out and I was grateful afterwards that they reached out for interviews after that.

I do have a side comment: While I understand the nature and reason behind this task, it is inconsiderate of them to request such a large questionnaire from their candidates as an initial step. It took a significant amount of time to fill out and as a candidate, you walk a balance with this because you want to devote enough time to show that you are serious but you also don't want to spend too much time on it if you aren't even considered. It was several pages long with situational questions you were required to answer.

However - as I mentioned, I was just grateful to be shown interest and I was emailed afterwards by the recruiter to set up a direct meeting with the hiring manager. To which, I also should also mention - During the actual interview process, the recruiter only reached out to me twice; Once to send me the actual questionnaire and the second to set up a meeting with the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager three times, and two members of his group once. I coordinated all my calls directly with the hiring manager after that initial contact with the recruiter.

Overall, the recruiter never once responded to my emails, never answered any of my questions, and never called me back when I left messages - she completely ignored me. Which, at the time didn't bother me because I was serious about my interest in this role and excited to be considered and talking directly to the hiring manager. All interviews were done on the phone amid COVID, I never met anyone in person.

I was lucky enough to have three interviews with the hiring manager and one with two people from his expanded team. I firmly believed after my last interview that I was a serious candidate and that they were looking to make an offer as quickly as the next day, which I was excited about. But, a few days went by - nothing. A few weeks went by - nothing. I was ghosted entirely for months without as single update from either the recruiter or hiring manager, despite my efforts reaching out. This was devastating to me as I seriously believed that I was being considered for this role and I made decisions that affected my hiring at other companies because I was told they wanted to move fast and extend an offer even the next day.

For a company that touts themselves as an ethical company - it is completely inconsiderate, rude, and unethical to ghost your candidates, at any point in the hiring process. And the website didn't give me any clue as to what my application status was as it continually said I was "in process." Despite my efforts in sending a weekly email asking for an update and a phone call every now and then - I didn't hear a thing until I received a cold email saying that the position was filled and someone else had started the week before - as if they had completely forgotten to tell me that this had occurred.

From what I've heard from other candidates, this isn't uncommon from recruiters at Medtronic, which is completely shameful. Shame on you Medtronic for wasting your candidates time and putting people in place to hire candidates who don't even courteously do the simple task of following up and making them seem wanted at the company. Definitely does not make this a desirable place for me to want to work in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking and what key things are you looking for in the next opportunity?   Answer Question
    • Describe the largest product launch or marketing program implementation you were involved with or lead. Highlight some of the challenges you overcame and what key factors played in the success (or failure).   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you worked cross functionally, and needed to influence the team to rally behind your idea or initiative. What was your approach and any lessons learned?   Answer Question
    • Provide your best example that demonstrates “true grit” (i.e. your ability to push through something that was hard, or complex, or that had a seemingly long duration to complete).   Answer Question
    • Describe an especially innovative marketing strategy/tool or technique that you have used in the past that has been effective.   Answer Question

Human Factors and User Experience Interview

Interview

I went through the first two rounds of interview. First was on the phone with two individuals. The second was a video interview with most of their human factors and user experience team.

Intern Interview

Interview

They were very helpful and responded to all my emails and questions before the interview very quickly. They seemed to be not paying attention to me during my interview. They told me I would hear back quickly but did not give me a response for 3 weeks after my interview nor did they respond to any follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic things about myself. Talked a lot about the company but did not ask any interview specific questions.   Answer Question

Business Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Talent Acquisition Partner first. TAP was very helpful and partnered to help find the right opportunity with company. Next step was Phone interview with designated co-worked and hiring manager followed by Webex meeting by 4 team members with designated company specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you could have learned from a time when you were quick to judgement.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The process begins with a phone interview for about 30min, going over what the company does, and also getting to know you. After, you get scheduled for an interview event where it takes about 3 hours and interviewed by 3 different people, and including a technical included among the 3.

Interview Questions

• Where you ever forced to go over the deadline to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It was very normal - it depends on the interviewers and/or the team that you are interviewing for (which is unknown at the time of applying). There were some interviewers that didn't seem to know the job responsibilities or outlook well. Standard interview process, it just felt like you have to luck out.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The process if really quick and the interviewer was really nice to talk to. The process took about one week to receive an answer. The interview lasted about 1 hour and it was an on campus interview

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you have faced when working in a team   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.