Merlin Entertainments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Merlin Entertainments Interview Questions

Interviews at Merlin Entertainments

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

Great HR department, and excellent/professional experience during interview process. The entire process took a little longer than expected. Didn't get a call back until almost a month and a half after applying, but interview went very well.

Actor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

There's an interview, they send you on the tour and there's an audition for which you are supposed to prep a monologue and then cold read a script from the show. There were two of them there and they were very difficult to read. Don't bring much, the tour is an hour long and you can't put anything down.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by Human Resources to set up an interview date.The interview itself is at Madame Tussuad Museum on 42nd Street. It was interesting walking through the museum to reach the offices. I met with the AP Supervisor and the Manager in one day. I was then called by their Human Resources department In a week.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving the job I'm in.   1 Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Winter Haven, FL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

One day open hiring event. Complete application online or while waiting in line. Get to front of line and lady asks some questions and circles department to put you with. They might get ideas of who to hire before actually interacting with you personally. I tried to be really social and friendly and smile a lot. Did a teamwork challenge. Ask questions and have us respond to them. I tried to be creative. Then get one-on-one interview. I thought it was only going okay, but I connected with the interviewer at moments and I offered my resume at the very end and she said she liked me and gave me a job. More than half the people that showed up that day seemed to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Have you seen an example of good customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

You begin with an individual interview then take you to do some group activities, whole process was pretty easy, common questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses and why do you want to work for the company.

Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with operations manager and human resources. Interview questions were standard. I had been working at this location for a while before I applied, so I knew what to expect. I brought several questions of my own to be answered and felt that they did a good job responding to and clarifying the problems that I did have.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've experienced working with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a group one, with a four hour session of playing games and group discussion. This was obviously to gauge how you interact with others and whether or not you can get along with them in stressful situations. The second interview was a more traditional one-on-one. The whole process was fairly painless, and the interview was cookie-cutter.

Interview Questions

• How have you motivated your team to provide better financial returns?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. You follow up with an onsite or Skype interview with the site GM. The final stage is to create and give a presentation on a specific aspect of the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you anticipated a problem. What did you do to avoid it?   Answer Question

Payroll Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

fine neither interviewing knew what they were talking about with regards to what they expected or the position they just thought that 2 people would be able to cope with the job. New Finance Controller has no idea about payroll

Entertainment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I went to a job fair at a hotel, filled out an application and literally waited in a room full of people for several hours. After a while, my name was called and I was escorted to a conference suite with a group of around 7 other people. The interviewer was an executive who worked at another company location. We were asked the kind of experience we had in the field, given various situations and asked to come up with a solution and also a few icebreakers. I was contacted a few days later and emailed a fact sheet about the kind of benefits that would come with the job and the date of the first training day. I had a total of one week of training.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.