Monash University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Monash University Interview Questions

Interviews at Monash University

2.2

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monash University.

Interview

Very easy going, like have a chat with some friends. It was quite informal and easy to schedule around other work and school. It did not take long for them to get back to me about their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a follower or a leader? Where are you most comfortable in a team environment?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne).

Interview

They had a panel interview with 3 very overrated professionals (separately). All asked the same question; obviously from a script. Had a bad feeling even though I was confident of landing the job, and eventually did. In time, that bad feeling proved to be correct. Steer clear from a guy named Vignesh. Enough said!

Email Marketing and Automation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monash University (Clayton) in March 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter (Thomas Scriven) who sent me the PD and set up an interview for the role with a Kate Stubbings - was actively looking at the time but did not apply for this role. It was a panel interview and to my mind, I thought it went pretty well and the role sounded fantastic.
    However, both Monash and the recruiter ghosted me, never to return my follow up email after the interview. So I assume that I never got the job! Very disappointing for a world class operator and for a company/recruiter that actively pursued me.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne).

Interview

A two-stage interview. First was a face-to-face interview with five members of faculty on one of the University campuses. It was followed by a research work presentation to a group of 15-20 people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your education and research background.   2 Answers

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

Dismissive, overly reliant on external consultants, advertised, asked for long-winded and detailed material with ideas for their own development, never replied until follow-up by candidate, invitation extended then changed multiple times, then run online, then rejected

Interview Questions

• Demonstrably uninterested, as if they had better things to do; likely the position was already filled and they were going through the motions   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne) in July 2018.

Interview

Good, three members in a panel asked some questions after introducing themselves. It was a video conferencing via Zoom. There was slight problem in hearing the sound from the panels due to poor internet. The length of the interview length was about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Too relaxed. General technical questions and research aim/goals related question.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University in March 2018.

Interview

Three people on the panel, with a variety of genders. Very relaxed and easy questioning style, with occasional laughter and good energy. Some specific resume-based questions and all seemed to have read my application thoroughly and my resume (which is not that common). Lots of curious follow up and reminders about specific answers to a complex question if I didn't answer all parts of it e.g. "so what would you do differently next time?", "so what was the result" etc

Interview Questions

• Describe positive working relationship and a challenging working relationship?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you manage competing priorities?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience managing events and programs to achieve an outcome. What did you do when things didn't go to plan? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What’s your experience influencing senior stakeholders without direct line management authority?   Answer Question
    • What is your career aspiration and how have you worked towards a career achievement?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience creating, designing and implementing systems to find effective solutions?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an E-mail from the HR to schedule for an interview. I presented my work to a group of people, followed by the general Q and A session.

Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

As part of the interview process I was asked to complete as many tasks as I could using the technologies and tools that I would be using in the role. Each tasks was more difficult that the last and were very relevant to what I would later be doing for the position.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have with Python   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caulfield

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Caulfield) in September 2017.

Interview

Panel of 3. One was yawning all the way through, another was scrunching up her face at answers for no reason. Their customer service could be improved, not appropriate/fair behaviour during an interview. Questions were scenario/behaviour based and they wanted a STAR method answer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time you had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.