NSW Government Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

Recruitment Agency6%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NSW Government

NSW Government

Application

I interviewed at NSW Government

Interview

I had to answer 2 questions on an application form and then a group interview because of COVID restrictions via zoom because of COVID restrictions. I didn't get the internship but they were generous enough to send an email containing feedback on how I went in the interview and what I can do next time to improve.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me how I showed an example of collaboration with a group member
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at NSW Government (Sydney) in Mar 2021

Interview

The hiring process began really well - it was all fast and professional before fizzing out toward the end. A day after the job post closing, I was invited to meet at a face-to-face interview at one of their assessment centres run by Hays. Interview was conducted in a rotating manner - with each candidate given 2 minutes to answer specific questions. The interview process was pretty difficult and felt more like I was 'speed dating' in a professional setting. Everything was rushed and there wasn't really an opportunity (from the applicant side) to introduce yourself or get to learn more about the job. About a week later, you're invited to the next stage which comprises of a personality, verbal, and numeracy test run by SHL. Despite being ridiculously easy, it may seem pretty invasive and inaccessible for other applicants - the resolution and diagrams are from the 70s! Again, this stage was rushed - except on this occasion you're increasingly becoming annoyed. A couple of weeks radio silence and nothing. There's been no feedback or communication on what the next stage will be. If there is one, it'll likely need to be done at short notice. You'll be expected to drop everything and jump through yet another hoop - only to experience another month or so of radio questions. If you really want to work for this agency, be prepared for long periods of radio silence, followed by sudden sense of urgency, followed by more radio silence. You should expect to have your other commitments interrupted at short notice by so many pointless tasks. Yes, everything was professional and pleasant to begin with. But this was quickly eroded during the mid and final stages of the hiring process. In the end, I took an offer from a different company where their processes were not only simpler but pleasant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSW Government (Sydney) in Mar 2021

Interview

Quite detailed and expert panel of interviewers. Scenario based screening. Questions pertaining to techniques and tools. One needs to have a thorough understanding of the BA knowledge and experience. Overall good presence of mind and confidence.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NSW Government

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSW Government

Interview

The interview process was standard. There were two people performing the interview, asking a range of behavioural questions. Once the interview was over, everyone was put into teams to perform a case study. This process was observed by note takers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

NSW Government

Application

I interviewed at NSW Government

Interview

Went in for an assessment centre which included a group activity and a one hour one on one interview and a lot of behavioural questions. Before the assessment centre, had to do psychometric testing

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a about a time when you managed a project from beginning to end

NSW Government

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSW Government

Interview

Streamlined and efficient. Always very fair and meticulous. You can't expect anything to help except your abilities and qualifications. Be prepared for a panel interview. Streamlined and efficient. Always very fair and meticulous. You can't expect anything to help except your abilities and qualifications. Be prepared for a panel interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NSW Government

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSW Government

Interview

Behavioural interview. 3 or 4 questions. You get a copy of the questions and 10 minutes reading time before the interview. Might be one question where you must present a small research piece. Sometimes there will be a task that is emailed to you a few days before the interview, and you either present it or simply provide it on the day of the interview. Usually a panel of 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

NSW Government

Application

I interviewed at NSW Government

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process, it took about 45 minutes along with a 45 minute group interview and case study. There were 5 people in my group. It was done over the internet via Zoom conferencing app.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Parramatta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSW Government (Parramatta) in Oct 2020

Interview

The process took 4 months. I applied online. One way interview after two weeks, back ground check after one months , face ti face interview after two months and medical check after three months. Interview included 45 minutes writing task and 45 minutes face to face questions.

Interview Questions
  • Relating to selection criteria, 1. Your ideal manager 2. Why did you apply 3. An example of situation you referred to relevant standards 4. Job risk and the way you dealt with 5.Situation you did technical advice to manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSW Government (Sydney) in Sep 2020

Interview

AC online interview due to the Covid-19 with a group case study of 5-6 people about a real sector issue or project problem and individual interview which may take 30 to 50 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews