Nous Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Nous Group Interview Questions

Updated 12 Nov 2017

2.9

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nous Group in December 2013.

Interview

At first, it was a phone interview, but it had to be rescheduled to a Skype interview since the line was very choppy and the recruiter couldn't hear me. She was very nice during the whole interview process. it was still the preliminary phone interview, but it gave a clear indication that the company was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Please Talk about a particular political issue, and what businesses are doing about it   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nous Group.

Interview

Interview was ok - the usual stuff. It's what happened afterwards I would like to share.

Nous: " How do you think the interview went?"
    Me: "Good blah blah etc"

Nous: "What did you think of the Nous staff on the panel?"
    Me: "They were nice blah blah"

Nous: "Do you still want to work at Nous?"
    Me: "Yes of course etc etc"

Nous: "Well, we have decided not to progress with your application"!!

Unncessarily cruel of you Nous.

You could have asked your QA questions after giving me the news - doing it beforehand, to get what you need from me, indicates you had no respect for me as an applicant. Ironically, you showed no nous!

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

16 Oct 2017 – Chief People Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and also thank you for your time in applying to Nous and taking part in our interview process.
    I am sorry that our friendly approach to asking your... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nous Group in October 2017.

Interview

5 stages of the process:
    1. Simple online submission with CV, and a follow-up phone call with People Team to cover off more details and expectations of the process.
    2. In person 'Classic' style interview with around experience, technical skills and a two-part verbal case study.
    3. Written case study where you access a few options online and write a short response over the weekend between first and second interviews.
    4 'Cultural fit' style interview with 2 partners in the local office; mainly around how you like to work, who makes a good manager, who makes a good team member, work-life balance.
    5. Interview with MD, very positive and friendly conversation focused future goals and how Nous can set you up for success.

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

20 Nov 2017 – Chief People Officer

I am glad you had a positive experience. Our recruitment process is deliberately thorough. We do apply a pretty 'classic' approach, as we find it works for us. Much of our approach is designed to... More

Consultant Interview

Interview

really efficient response; there was a prescreening asking about experience, followed by case study then interviews. the feedback from HR was good, and overall it was a fair experience.

Interview Questions

• what would your previous manager say are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nous Group (Melbourne) in August 2016.

Interview

Capability Assessment:
    I have a job already, but I heard great things about Nous and thought I would give the application a try. In the capability assessment, you can choose between 3 options - digital, public policy and organizational capability. I chose O.C since I don't have any experience in the other two or all three of them really.
    I saved the graphs and the pictorials on which I had to develop insights, and honestly, the pictorials are one of the worst I have ever seen and so unpleasing to the eye (colors, white font on orange background for instance). It was on a tertiary education provider with a really common problem and some data that could be collected through interviews with internal stakeholders if you were on this engagement.
    It's sad to see that when people are your biggest asset, a company is using a 30 min assessment to weed people out, especially when people have +5 years of experience, an Engineering degree and a MBA. It's not surprising to see that majority of the people in this company have a similar education and experience background. My suggestion would be that "diversity" will help diversify your thinking.

Interview Questions

• First question was some kind of a triangle which was Nous's framework for a problem like this. They asked "of the 5 areas listed below, which would be of least focus"   1 Answer

16 Aug 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your review. Feedback is always helpful and we will take a look at the pictorials we use to identify how we can make these more attractive and easier to read.
    The case study assessment... More

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nous Group (Brisbane) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in April 2016 for a Graduate Consultant role with Nous Group. Was thrown off my the fact the interviewers admitted they didn't know much about the process, and didn't really know how to explain the tasks. Both interviewers had been with Nous less than 5 years. Was not the experience I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nous Group (Melbourne).

Interview

Written case study followed by initial interview with HR. Subsequent meeting with HR and one of the firm's partners. I didn't find the cases particularly difficult, but felt that the skills/fit interview was a bit rushed.

Unfortunately, one of the interviewing staff disclosed information regarding my application and interview to a colleague at my current place of work, which is the reason why I have given a thumbs down for overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of something innovative that you have done for a client.   Answer Question

21 Mar 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review and I want to sincerely apologise for the fact that your trust in our recruitment approach was breached on this occasion. We take candidate... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nous Group (Brisbane) in December 2015.

Interview

Fairly typical process of online application, HR interview, written case study and then final face to face interview. Whole interviewing process was very friendly and all the recruiting staff were really friendly and nice.

A large focus of recruitment is on a cultural fit, particularly HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why Nous specifically? What is the biggest political issue facing Australia at the moment?   Answer Question

24 Oct 2016 – Chief People Officer

Cultural fit is definitely a large focus at Nous. We like candidates to meet a variety of Nous employees so we can understand if Nous is the right place for you, and for the candidate to make an... More

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nous Group (Sydney) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a long interview process, beginning with an online quiz and a screening interview with the 'People team'. I was then asked to do a take-home case study, after which there was a 'Skills' interview (involving another verbal case study), and a 'Fit' interview aimed at ensuring that that I understood the company culture and wanted to be a part of it. Finally, there was an interviewing with the Managing Director.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nous Group.

Interview

Applied online, had HR screen phone interview, 1 written case study, then 2 skills interviews (one in person, one via Skype), 1 'fit' interview. The process took a long time as I had to wait in between each stage to set interview times, but the 'People Team' are otherwise relatively quick to respond and gave good feedback at every step. The company's emphasis on Positive Influence was very apparent throughout.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.