Nous Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Nous Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Nous Group

2.9

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nous Group in December 2013.

Interview

At first, it was a phone interview, but it had to be rescheduled to a Skype interview since the line was very choppy and the recruiter couldn't hear me. She was very nice during the whole interview process. it was still the preliminary phone interview, but it gave a clear indication that the company was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Please Talk about a particular political issue, and what businesses are doing about it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

A few rounds of behavioural/case interviews. Was very pleasant and an awesome bunch of people. Cases are relatively easy, more just case studies rather than the full-blown case interviews you see elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

30 Jun 2020 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review. I hope you enjoy your internship with the awesome bunch of people that work at Nous :)

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview process had multiple stages. First there was an online test, phone screening with HR and a written case study. Then there were a number of in person interviews. These included two rounds of interviews each with two consultants and then MD interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent project you've worked on and you role.   Answer Question

6 Apr 2020 – Chief People Officer

Welcome to Nous. I am glad you had a positive interview experience, which appropriately challenged you.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nous Group (Sydney) in February 2020.

Interview

- initial invitation for an online case assessment (can choose between 4 scenarios)
    - 30 min phone interview with recruitment team (mostly behavioural questions asked - concerned about individual fit within the organisation)
    - rejection via email with no feedback

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

30 Mar 2020 – Chief People Officer

Congratulations on performing well on your online case assessment and progressing to interview. We received over 1200 applications in two weeks for our graduate roles, with 18% getting through to the online assessment and then 10% to the preliminary interview. Due to COVID-19 our interviews were all moved from face to face to telephone, to ensure the safety of candidates and Nousers. The preliminary interview is designed to understand background and fit, with the further interviews delving into skill and capability, including written and verbal case assessments. With the volume of applications we are using email to reject candidates after the preliminary interview, with a phone call after the subsequent interviews. Please email our careers inbox if you would like feedback on your interview. Best of luck with your job search.

Graduate IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nous Group (Melbourne) in January 2020.

Interview

Two telephonic and Face to face interview. I was told that this role would be a step down for my career and that they like my profile but they think that I will get bored of this job. I was surprised to hear that as this is not normal thing to say to a candidate who is taking time off from work and is coming to give an interview. I guess its upto me if I get bored from a job or not. My experience as an IT Support person was over looked by the second interviewers. Its all ready so hard to get a job in Australia.

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

4 Feb 2020 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your review. Your application was strong, resulting in two phone discussions (one with the people team and one with the line manager) and two face to face interviews. During the second in-person interview we explored the work you most enjoy and conversely the work that you don’t enjoy, as our initial interview and skills test had covered the technical aspects of the role.
    From this, our interview team determined that our role didn’t match well with your career progression aspirations, interests and passions. The role we have is an early-career level position, containing admin and routine tasks that you’ve done previously and didn’t enjoy. Our conclusion was that you would quickly find that the role wasn’t a good fit. Our approach at Nous is to provide honest feedback when explaining why a candidate is unsuccessful. In this case our assessment of your fit with our role was conveyed to you when we advised you were not successful in gaining the role.
    Finally, we embrace and celebrate diversity within Nous and seek to employ candidates from a range of backgrounds. We’re truly sorry you are finding it difficult to find the right role. We wish you all the best with your job search and in finding a role which is a great match with both your skills and your interests.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Interview

Highly disorganised interview process. Recruitment manager is extremely unresponsive. Wait time between each interview can go from 2-3 weeks. Each stage of the interview is also exactly the same. They ask you skills based questions (case studies) and then tell you more about the role. Interviews themselves were pleasant but the process was extremely tedious and HR was painful and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

25 Feb 2019 – Chief People Officer

Please accept my apology for this experience. This is not what we want to deliver as a candidate experience and it sounds like your experience was not the typical Nous experience. It can sometimes take time between interviews, while we schedule the interview with those best placed to meet with you (and consultant diaries are often full with client commitments which impacts availability). However, we should always keep you informed along the way, in a timely manner.

Management Consultant Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nous Group (Sydney) in February 2019.

Interview

Online case study, take home case study, and a few in-person interviews. Overall the staff were extremely friendly and professional and the HR team was responsive and informative. Couldn't have had a better experience!

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

12 Mar 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your kind words. The team will appreciate hearing the feedback about being responsive and informative.
    I assume the 2+ months time frame occurred due to the Christmas/New Year period, which can slow things down given many Nousers take the opportunity to have a break.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nous Group (Melbourne) in October 2018.

Interview

When Nous say on their website, "If you have a grand challenge or agenda to advance, we want to partner with you" - they don't really mean it!!

So I applied for a position with Nous to advance a grand challenge,
    and after the initial interview they said, "Whilst your skill set is appealing to us, it is quite niche. We have received applications from candidates with a broader range of skills which aligns well to our operating model which requires consultants to work broadly across service lines. Thus, we made the difficult decision not to progress your application further" - what grand challenge does a broad range of skills achieve?

Well I'll tell you, I have four university degrees (you can't get any broader than that and heaps of experience) and I was prepared to give them my 6000 niche network connections and cutting edge research!!!

I guess they lack vision for the transitioning future and have a gate-keeping attitude that is preventing them from advancing the future.

Perhaps that's what happens when you are interviewed by someone with fewer qualifications, they can't see any further than their own backyard.

Interview Questions

• Whilst your skill set is appealing to us, it is quite niche.   2 Answers

17 Oct 2018 – Chief People Officer

We thank you for your application, and it was terrific to find out more about your career and extensive study. We were impressed with your vision and the work you have done on digital leadership, which is definitely a key skill required now, and into the future. As you were looking for an organisation to partner with to help further develop a range of programs and roll them out, our assessment was that we weren't the right organisation for this, based on our current market focus. We did offer for our Digital Strategy lead to talk with you to find out more and to identify if there were ways to partner, other than through a direct employment arrangement.
    I am sorry that you did not enjoy the experience and wish you all the best with your research and vision to drive digital leadership in Australia.

Advanced Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nous Group (Melbourne) in October 2018.

Interview

2 weeks after application, got called in and met the People Team for an one hour behavioural interview. Right after the interview, received a technical case study (on open university) and submitted a 3-page report. 3 weeks later, met with Principle for a technical interview. Offer came in two days later.

Interview Questions

Nous Group Response

28 Nov 2018 – Chief People Officer

Glad to have you on board as part of our amazing, and fast growing, analytics capability. Data analytics is an important aspect of the majority of our projects, so our data experts are in high demand, hence it can take a few weeks for interview availability. Glad you got to meet with one of our data Principals (not Principles)! ;)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nous Group in October 2018.

Interview

Short phone interview, followed by 2 face to face interviews. The interviews are with different people each time. The questions are challenging. Come prepared with scenario based answers.

27 Aug 2019 – Chief People Officer

Challenging questions are a good way to demonstrate how we think at Nous and to observe how candidates respond. Glad you accepted the offer despite a negative experience and difficult interview! There must have been something that appealed to you :)

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.