Service NSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 15 Oct 2017

3.2

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Service NSW (Sydney) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online, phone call to arrange intgerview, psych testing sent BEFORE interview to complete prior to even meeting me, met with the panel, not a great interview, Manager was very rude and abrupt. 3 weeks later have not heard anything and really questioning why I was asked to do psych testing prior to interview? Very poor process and needs to be looked at from an improvement perspective.

Digital Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Service NSW (Sydney) in June 2015.

Interview

pretty smooth interview process, they always try to push part time though, even if you apply for FT. Once you get the confirmation call it is pretty speedy after that.

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Service NSW (Newcastle) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied only via seek.com and was called to arrange a time for an interview. This was a simple process and once arranged, I showed up on the day and let the receptionist know I had arrived. I waited five minutes and was then greeted by two employees which showed me a tour of the large office, which was quite interesting. Then was taken into an office which the interview was located in and answered the questions.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the organisation?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work for Service NSW?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Service NSW (North Sydney) in December 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Expect months between screening, phone interview, face to face and eventually an offer. This can take a very long time so do not quit your job and definitely look for other work in the mean time. Screening was easy and basic. Face interview was tough, demanding, loads of complex questions from basic work history to non direct behavioural questions which required long and very detailed explanations so do be very prepared under high pressure. Board interview, expect several people to interview you, each with their own complex question which required a multi explanation to all board members. Interview can take up to an hour and a half, sometimes longer. Book an appointment with KFC after to help soothe your poor nerves afterwards! If you are lucky to get an offer, expect it weeks or months later. My offer came 4 months after the interview. I completely forgot I even had the interview at the point and had several more interviews that were less frightening since then. And once again, boarding process took several more weeks. Took nearly a year and a few months to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions that required extremely detail and complex answers. Please I cannot stress how much you must study and prepare. This is so important. You have to live for this role and must show how strongly you feel for the role you are going for and how everything in your work history proves that it will help you succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not. Simply do not. This is a government role, they will offer you a fair salary. Don't be greedy as they will happily walk you to the front door. Don't negotiate anything at this point

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.