Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2018

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very poor interview process ethically. Fishing for competitive intelligence about your current company and then casting people out is the oldest trick in the book but is employed here. Be careful about divulged information and stay at a high level. Very inexperienced head of product and head of tech technology and poor architects.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all mostly best practices at where I work   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The structure of the process was as follows: initial application, phone interview, video interview, psychometric testing, personality test, assessment centre.

SBG created a great atmosphere to be assessed in. I felt that from the very start of the process, it was different in the sense that it really gave off a great representation of their culrute. I felt that in this type of environment I could perform to my best. Looking back, I feel this comes down to the wider SBG team being so welcoming, open and honest from the initial interview to the second I walked through the door.

Commercial Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by a telephone interview, a video interview then online tests. If successful then invited to an assessment centre at the head office in Leeds.

Company has a great culture and that is apparent throughout the process. This is typified by those carrying out the interviews who help you as much as they can and really put you at ease throughout. The assessment centre was very relaxed and that seems to be their aim as it gets the best out of those applying.

Overall it has been quite a pleasant experience despite the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Which is your favourite product at SBG and what would you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Graduate Operation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Process took roughly 3 months, applied in January, and received an email for a telephone interview mid March. From here I was invited to do a Skype interview. I was invited to the assessment day roughly a week later.

The assessment day itself was quite relaxed with SBG putting a heavy focus on their their SBG life. SBG pride itself on being a relaxed, fun and innovative company and this really came through in the assessment day. The day started at 8:30 with a coffee and a quick chat. At about 9, we were given a talk on the SBG way/life and an overview of the various roles that come under the term operations (risk + fraud dept, Traders, customer contacts). After that, each candidate had to give their name, a bit about themselves (uni, whats on their bucket list etc). After this we were given a tour round the offices.

After the tour, we were split into of 6 groups, and given a task to do. The task consisted of going through a potential new product for SBG, and the ways to best implement that to enhance the customer experience. We were asked to consider the potential for customer contact, potential resourcing issues, a trading and promotional plan for the new product, as well as the risks that may come with this new product. Ours happened to be on the World Cup, and we had to think about potential new customers that may come with such a large sporting event. After an hour of so of planning the product, we had to give a presentation explaining the product.

After lunch, we had about 45 mins to 1 hours for interviews and and Q&A with various members of staff who worked in trading etc (depts earlier mentioned) as well as previous graduates.

Overall the process was very enjoyable and the interview at the end is more like a chat.

Below are questions from the telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SkyBet and Gaming?   Answer Question
    • Why have you applied specifically for Operations?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that took a long time to complete, and explained how you organised your yourself to ensure you achieved your targets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for SBG?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Software Academy Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, after a few weeks was contacted for a telephone interview, after that I was invited to an assessment day at their offices in Leeds. The assessment day consisted of a group project, was pulled out for a 50 minute interview during the day. Lunch provided and travel paid for

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where something went wrong for you, and explain how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming in February 2018.

Interview

Technical Test was the initial phase of the interview and did not receive any call from the developer or manager as the recruiter from sky betting contacted me directly and provided the technical test details.

Interview Questions

• The test was quite big as it was an end to end application where they were integrating few different technologies. Use mongodb as database and then use asynchronous messaging protocol.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer (Node Js) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

1) 15 minute phone call - brief description of the job and SBG, general questions about my current position, the technologies I use.
    2) Tech test - 5 hours to finish the technical test which is available on github.
    3) Skype interview - 1 hour interview about my past, about your what technologies I use, how I work.
    4) Personal interview - They invited me to Leeds for 2 days (they paid for everything, flight tickets, hotel, meals). On the first day the recruiters guided me and show the offices. The actual interview was on the second day. Three guys interviewed me, it took about 1.5 hours, they asked me about my past jobs, what technologies I use, how does the architecture looks like on which I work in my current role. After the interview they took me out for a lunch in a nearby restaurant.

Nights Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview was nice and formal; asking the usual questions "Why are you leaving your current job", "What do you know about Sky Bet" etc. Simple research of the company should give you all you need to have a great telephone interview and the person contacting me was really easy to talk to and extremely pleasant. Really puts you at ease!

Once you've passed the telephone interview and move to the face to face interview, that's where preparing makes all the difference. Make sure you have at least two examples for general customer service "Tell us about a time" queries. Candidates will be asked for a range of examples from meeting targets/goals, good customer service, a difficult situation etc. Make sure all examples for the STAR format.

After the competency questions, there's a small role play, so make sure you read all of the information given.

The interviewers all make you feel extremely comfortable and the interview was more conversational than formal, which really does help.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you've dealt with a difficult situation?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time when you didn't meet an expected target / goal?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Sky Bet?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time when you've exceeded a target / provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Sports Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone screening, not difficult - salary discussion/Role details/An potential questions you might have. Assessment day at offices. Icebreaker quiz with fellow candidates. 20 minute face-to-face interview. Live task surrounding a live football game.

Software Academy Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online - very easy just had to attach a CV and fill in some basic details.
    Was immediately emailed to say thanks for you application and we'll be in touch soon.
    Within a week or so received an email saying they liked the look of my CV and sent me a link to book onto a telephone interview with one of their grad recruiters.
    Telephone interview is basically just a quick conversation on why you want to work for sky betting and gaming and why you're interested in software development.
    At the end of the phone call I was told that I sound like I could be a good fit for the company and the job so they would like me to do a video interview and that they would send me an email within a day about it.
    Within a few hours they sent me the email which included a link to record my video interview and also included all of the questions they would ask so you could prepare you answers. You have 48 hours from receiving the email to do the interview.
    About a week or so later I got an email saying I was successful at the video interview and that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The assessment center was pretty relaxed but also very difficult at the same time. It starts off with a chill breakfast period with free drinks and pastries and you had the chance to talk to SBG staff and the recruiters and other grads. Then there was an hour long session which I don't think was really assessed but introduced the day and there were a few quick and easy individual and group tasks. Then we were split into 2 groups of around 6 and were given a macbook each for the day and had to use this to complete a set of tasks. These tasks to involve some technical experience which I did not have but they don't assess you on this. They assess you on your teamwork skills and how you approach the problem. In a way having little technical knowledge is almost an advantage because people with technical knowledge kind of ignored the rest of the group at times and got on with it when it was meant to be a team activity.
    Throughout the day each person is taken out randomly for a 45 minute interview which was a pretty chill interview just again about why you want to work for SBG and in software development and also your basic competency based questions. There is a lunch break in the middle of the day with lunch provided for you. The day tends to last from about 8:30 until 4.
    My assessment center was on a Thursday and on the following Monday I got a call saying I got the job so it was nice not to have to sit and wonder about how it went.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for SBG?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to apply to the software academy specifically?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to be a leader of a team   Answer Question
    • Has there been a time when you had to overcome a difficult problem? if so, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.