Sofology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Sofology Interview Questions

Interviews at Sofology

2.7

Head Office Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sofology.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter initially, then had an interview with the senior team. Was told I would hear within the fortnight which came and went. Emailed HR and the person who interviewed me for feedback; didn’t get a response from either party. Looking at reviews, this is a common theme - how hard is it to write a 30 second email to a candidate saying they’re unsuccessful? It’s frankly rude and reflects extremely poorly on the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Data analysis questions that were fairly basic, why Sofology, etc.   Answer Question

Regional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golborne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sofology (Golborne, England (UK)).

Interview

Clear and concise explanation of the role were clearly drawn out, the interview was relaxed and allowed my personality to get across and allow me to express my passion for the role and the business.

Interview Questions

• How is the importance of this role to the company?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sofology (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

2 interviews instore, very friendly. One with the store manager and the second with the regional manager. It was refreshing to see more senior management getting involved in the hiring process.

Junior Video Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golborne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sofology (Golborne, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview went well, met with nice people. Asked me to do a task, completed the task, and was asked to do 2nd interview. Attended 2nd interview. It went well. Now this whole process had taken up about 8 hours of my time, not including travel to and from the interview. But doing the task and the interview process were time consuming. After my 2nd interview, I never heard back. So I emailed the person who interviewed me and was told they were still making a decision. Months later and I have still not heard if a decision was made.

When someone spends time on a task you ask them to do, and is shortlisted and attends a second interview, the literal least a company can do is send a "sorry you were not successful" email. If you value your time, I would not recommend applying for a job here. The whole process was spread over about 4 weeks from first interview to last interview.

Also, the questions asked during the first and second interview were basically the same. With only a couple changing or added in. Seemed a bit pointless to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about the history of the company, I had obviously prepared, but was looking at their most recent marketing material, not old marketing material. Which I thought was strange.   1 Answer

IT Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sofology in July 2018.

Interview

Spent my time with two people, very informal question and answer session, noticeable both interviews were not used to interviews, one of which appeared to have more interest on when his lunch break was. Zero feedback,

Retail Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rugby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sofology (Rugby, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

You apply online, someone then rings you from their head office in Golborne, you are booked in to attend an assessment centre where a one to one interview takes place at the end of it and I believe there is another one with the store manager of the store you want to work in if you make it to the next stage. I personally found the assessment to be pretty average with the same old 'oh we are different from other companies because of our values etc' nonsense at the beginning made by a member of the head office team who clearly got their promotion for reasons other than intellect. There were a few members of senior management along with store managers present and you had to do some silly cringe worthy tasks throughout with the final once being you selling an item given to you by the person heading the event. After that was over we were driven in manager's and some of the interviewee's cars to the nearest local store where we were shown around the store by one of the big guns from head office or so I believe. He told us how they are different to their competitors and the rest and we had a little chance to speak with staff at that store who did their best to pretend that they enjoyed their roles even though it clearly wasn't the case judging some of their reactions after. We were then told to sit on a sofa of our choice and wait before we were then called over by different store managers and had a one to one interview which consisted of the same old competency based questions that you usually get. I am not so annoyed that I didn't pass the interview than I am about how incompetent the recruitment team along with the person heading it are, they clearly don't want to engage with you properly over feedback and some of the reasons for you not getting the job by store managers are just plain pathetic. I feel its a company where if your face doesn't fit then you are out of the door fast, I visited a store in another part of the country and found that as it was almost empty during the middle of a weekday (as is the case with most retailers out there especially in retail parks) the sales assistants were desperate to get my details and then whispering amongst themselves when they thought me and my friend weren't listening and comparing notes with the odd dirty look even thrown in and an assistant managers that didn't seem too pleased that me and the other customer their weren't interested. I can see how people leave negative reviews about this company on here and how the occasional response from the person heading recruitment is just given so it looks like they are actually listening when they are just keeping up appearances. Luckily I got work a little while after this and am glad I didn't get a job working for this lot.

Interview Questions

• Same old competency based ones   1 Answer

Sofology Response

15 Feb 2018 – Head of People & Talent

Hi,

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such in depth feedback. It's such a shame & a quite disheartening that you didn't enjoy the day, as we got some fantastic feedback from candidates who attended the day too. We work extremely hard to keep the day as relaxed as possible (as everyone knows, the standard one to one interview can be pretty intimidating and intense), but I guess assessment days aren't for everyone. I would welcome any constructive feedback for the recruitment assessments in future, feel free to send over an email or just call to share your thoughts? In regards to feedback after the day, the talent team will attempt to give constructive feedback following on from the management interview, i'd be keen to understand the feedback you were given and I can investigate this a little further for you? If you would kindly send over the details of the store you visited after your assessment, that you also weren't impressed with, I will pass on your feedback to the relevant Store Manager & Regional. As ever, customer feedback is what helps Sofology continuously make improvements, whether that be our potential new talent, our current employees, or customers who are shopping for their lovely new sofa. We listen, we care & we will absolutely do our best to act on any feedback given. Congratulations on your new role wherever it may be, I wish you the best of luck in your new career!

My details should you want to get in touch... stacey.williams@sofology.co.uk - 01942 296 484.

Take care!

Stacey Williams

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golborne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sofology (Golborne, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

the interview process is very easy and not at all intimidating like most places are. The interviewers make you feel very welcome and are very friendly. Give you lots of time to answer the questions and you do not feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• what is your previous employment history   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sofology (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview arrangements easy enough.
    If like me you like to receive feedback after and interview successful or not then don't waste your time with this company after several emails still nothing very unprofessional. Not a wonder why your calls wait times are so high no organisation.

Furniture Installation Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rugby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sofology (Rugby, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

apply online then invitation to an interview where driving rule test will be the 1st step, then the interview followed by a driving assessment. your license and cov will also be checked.

Interview Questions

• How long have you held your c1 license   1 Answer
    • do you have any driving convictions   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sofology (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Quite good. Group of folk there. Let a few go after talking about ourselves. Then dug s bit deeper with questions about skills we can bring to job like sales and life experience

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.