Sofology Reviews

Updated Sep 15, 2021

Found 209 of over 210 reviews

4.1
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 11 reviews)

• "Great team ethic , and training(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 9 reviews)

• "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Good pay

Sep 15, 2021 - Deputy Manager in Hove, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of benefits and support

Cons

No retail support help line for team

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company for a Career

Aug 11, 2021 - Deputy Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I moved from Sales to Manager within 2 years through their internal training scheme. Full support from Regional Managers and other local stores for training purposes. Clear goals set and achievable targets. Good work/life balance. Focus on environmental issues and diversity. Fun place to work and progress.

Cons

Very little to comment here. Every day brings new challenges.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved it

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with great people, was always appreciated and pay was good.

Cons

I really don’t think there was any I loved working for Sofology.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

6 Years on and still going strong

Jul 27, 2021 - 3D Artist in Golborne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Started off as a Junior 3D Artist, coming straight from University. Choose this company over another one at the time and have not regretted my decision since. I have learned so much over the 6 years and I am still learning to this day. There are also lots of opportunity's to increase your skills through training modules like Next Gen. As this was my first job, I was quite nervous coming into a big company but everyone made me feel welcome and it was made to feel like a family. The core values of the business shines right through in everything they do. In a lots of ways it feels like a small business in how they treat you but at the same time you have the security of a big company constantly trying to be the best at what they do. The company is always aiming to be better and is constantly improving day after day and is a big reason why I have stayed this long. They have also been amazing during this difficult time with the pandemic. I've always felt looked after and have felt confident that my job is safe and secure. The Benefits you get for working at this company are amazing and seam to get better and better every year. Just to name a few Healthcare Moments that matter Rewards and Benefits package Sofa Savings Volunteer days Smart tech

Cons

Nothing to fault at the moment

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Love it!

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Executive in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for ! Love the company values! Good pay & bonus & Benefits.

Cons

Would love some weekends off.

6. 5.0

6 years and counting

Jul 19, 2021 - Store Manager in Chester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from a hospitality management background the jump to retail was huge, not one I took lightly and of all the retailers that were hiring Sofology or Sofaworks as it was then was the one i wanted to work for. Even prior to the now inclusive and wellbeing centric company that it is, back then it was still light years ahead of the competition out there. Not just by product but also by colleague welfare and progressiveness should you wish to do so, Propel forwards 6 years and in that time I have achieved more than i ever set out to. Sales to Sm within 8 months and assisting stores that needed TLC to name but a few. A brand new store opening and a nomination for Retail Weeks Retail Store Manager of the year award and all this simply because I had the backing of the Retail team, HR and Management at Sofology. Each step of those small journeys were assisted by colleagues and senior management supporting the differing paths that led me back to the store I started in, Chester. For those who are looking to find a career and not just a job, a family and not just a passer by then I implore you apply for Sofology and seek out the endless opportunities that there are within this company. There are so many benefits to name but a few Healthcare Moments that matter Rewards and Benefits package Sofa Savings Volunteer days A set of values that are alive and not just printed on a wall The list is pretty non exhaustive Have a look at the amazing charitable work we have done for small charities and be wowed by the commitment we as a Large company has to the ESG plan to help our world.

Cons

None that I can think of

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible place to work

Aug 26, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Nottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your colleagues tend to be nice

Cons

The bonus scheme is awful. It depends on how much footfall the company gets through the front door. You need to convert whatever that footfall is into sales. This creates an intense environment, as staff all watch each other to see if everyone is pulling their weight. We never got bonus for the 8 months I worked there. The management are all scared of the management above them. We were never allowed lunch breaks on the weekend, and over Christmas we worked 14 days in a row. Do not work here!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Become part of the furniture. You won't regret it!

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Assistant in Croydon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been working for Sofology now coming up 3 years. Historically managing as part of a well known mobile phone company this is a welcomed change. The slower paced, non commission based environment is definitely something I appreciate. Allows me to do what I enjoy properly and offer the level of service I know is right and get to know the people the way I should. For me, the way sales should be. A conversation. As a business we're well looked after even during hard times receiving bonuses for lockdown periods is something I couldn't fault. Basic pay is good considering the workload. There's a great sense of family throughout the business from top down. Certainly helped by the non commission/non pressured approach. The company are clear about their goals and are more than transparent with regards to successes and problems alike. We stand for great things with regards to environment and diversity which again are all made very transparent top down. Overall, would recommend Sofology to anyone, from any background, skillset or ability.

Cons

Bonuses are paid based on targets achieved which can make month to month payments inconsistent where targets aren't always as considered as they could be. Having said that, over the year bonus and overall pay are nothing to be shrugged at!

Continue reading
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work

Jun 18, 2021 - Sales Advisor in Solihull, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good bonus system. Friendly, approachable management, the team in store are amazing and always happy to help. Bonus system based on store performance rather than commission based fosters a better atmosphere within the team. Achievable sales and add on targets. Great induction plan and training. Excellent progression for retail, most higher positions are recruited from within. Good base pay. Good relationships within the team and across other stores. Approachable upper management. Managers are relatively flexible with shifts. Regular one to ones with managers on personal and professional progression within the company. Supportive training environment, options to pursue further training available in many topics for specialising and developing. If improvements are needed in any areas, training, discussion and support are provided to improve. Monthly scorecards for individuals and the store highlighting top stats and areas that need improvements. Great recognition for good performance, improvements and efforts. Telephone order system allows you to continue your interactions with customers after they have left and increases your chances of a sale.

Cons

Like any sales job it can be very busy and stressful at times. Pressure to perform in certain areas, especially if the overall store is struggling in a particular area. Competition between stores can be intense at times. Data capture for further online orders can cause your stores sales to be "poached" by the call centre team. When the store is slow it can be difficult to hit targets. Unable to sell clearance items from other stores or warehouses that customers may have seen online. Sometimes tough to shift certain clearance items.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Cons

Jun 26, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Nottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere at store level

Cons

Extra hours during festive period

Viewing 1 - 10 of 209 Reviews