Thiess Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Thiess Interview Questions

Interviews at Thiess

Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thiess (Brisbane) in September 2020.

Interview

The process was very streamlined, with minimal/no actual human contact until the final rounds of the application process. The personality quiz was very interesting, where they asked you to pick which statement most described you, and then repeated them in lots of different combinations. I wonder if they were trying to catch people out..?

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a phone screening through video conferencing system with someone from the hr team, which was then followed by face to face meeting with other senior staff members in person

Graduate Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thiess in August 2020.

Interview

Applied through website, accepted for online pre recorded video interview and numeracy/ literacy and personality type tests. In total, the process took about a month to hear back. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?

Previous experience?

What makes you the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thiess (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview includes two interviewers, one as an HR interviewer and the other one as a user interviewer. HR Interviewer asked a general question about the reason of applying, achievement during the college and internship/work experiences. Furthermore the user interviewer asked more about the technical question. FYI the Interview was taken for an hour.

Interview Questions

• User: Explain to me the cycle of mining starting from the beginning till the end!, Determine the productivity of the hauler using the provided data!   Answer Question

Graduate Mining Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thiess.

Interview

the interview procedure operates in both Perth and Brisbane, in the beginning, we shared an online meeting with Brisbane head office. It is just like a briefing. about 20 applicants with civil background graduates in total from Perth and Brisbane but I think they only have one position. After the online meeting. we were called to have a group interview in another room one by one. a senior project manager and HR manager ask questions and make notes. outside the room, 2 HR staffs waiting with the rest of the applicants and talk about some casual topics. apparently. keywords is a crucial factor when you answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work in the mining industry   1 Answer
    • tell me something about safety issues in your mind   Answer Question

Graduate Mining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thiess (Perth, Western Australia) in July 2019.

Interview

interviewed by the HR manager and a senior project manager. the procedure is conventional. all the questions from glassdoor, no drama. I interviewed in Perth but actually the position is in Queensland. about 20 applicants there for only one position I think.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thiess (Brisbane) in June 2019.

Interview

send resume, it takes more than 1 month to inform me. after a month they called me and invited me for phone interview. this job was located in mackay. for their coal seam gas site. following were the jd of this position;
    • Optimise coal circuits to meet plant simulated recoveries;
    • Meet production forecasts and requirements including quality specifications;
    • Work with senior process engineer to troubleshoot yield discrepancies against predicted yields;
    • Pursue and implement technological advances in the field of coal preparation;
    • Liaise with various other departments under the direction of the Senior Process Engineer to realise the goals of maximising throughput and yield to produce product at the right quality;
    • Direct the day-to-day management of product stockpiles in accordance with the long-term plan set by the senior process engineer to meet shipping parcels.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      safety
      what do you know about our company
      what is your plan?
      why do you want to work with us?
      what do you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thiess (Brisbane) in June 2019.

Interview

40 minutes face to face interview with 2 line managers and 1 HR. Questions were wide variety from behavioral questions to scenario questions. the first question was about Safety question, asking you how should you do when you see risks. the second question was about what projects have you done in university.

Mine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thiess (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in June 2018.

Interview

the interview is started by submitted the CV on their website, then you will be called by HR, if you are outside Jakarta, interview will be held by phone, after pass the HR interview, you will have user interview and they will ask about technically and your experience. there is no conversation about salary. then if you pass, you will straightly get your medical check up on prodia

Interview Questions

• it just about technical things and your will to be located on remote area   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thiess (Brisbane) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was intensive, made it through each round until the final interview. As soon as I left the interview I did not think I had the position as the hiring manager was disinterested from the moment we sat down. He doodled on his paper the whole time. On the flip side the comms manager was very friendly and interested.

Anyway, I recieved a reference check in the days coming and my referees confirmed they contacted them. So I though maybe I had done better than I thought. However I never heard from them again after this point and they failed to return my emails or calls about the status of the job, It was only one month later that the applicant portal finally showed that my application was unsuccessful. I never even got an automated email, nor a general email or a phone call. Nothing. It was disappointing they could not reach out and let me know I was unsuccessful or that the position was not going to be filled

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.