University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Melbourne Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Melbourne

2.9

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Fort Lee, NJ (US)).

Interview

After submitting my application, the office contacted me with a few time/date options for setting up a video conference call with the two heads of the phd program. I was already told prior to the interview that I would be asked to 'elevator pitch' my thesis proposal, so I was prepared to do so.

It was a straight forward interview, asking me about my previous employment, why I was interested in obtaining a phd, and what will I bring to the program. My only qualm with the process was that both interviewees happened to have had issues with getting to a computer that had a video camera. They could see me, but I could not see them. Therefore, I had to act as though I was interacting with human faces, when I was actually answering questions to two desktop icons, moving my head back and forth between the two as though this was a natural conversation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne in October 2015.

Interview

Yo need to fill a criteria selection form. Need to explain about each item in details. And submit it with your resume. Then the panel interview and I was offered the job.

IT Interview

Interview

Behavioural Interview. They consist of questions that require you to reflect on your experiences and present specific real-life examples to demonstrate your skills. Behavioural questions generally begin with the following phrases:

Tell me about a time when...
        Give me an example of...
        Describe a situation when you...

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied for an advertised position.

Negotiation

Senior Lecturer Interview

Interview

Once you get through the application phase and initial communications, you can expect to deliver a mock teaching session wherein you will be required to demonstrate your communication and presentation skills. The mock audience will be keen to ask clarifying questions and they shall then test your ability to deliver the concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. Overall, the process is simple and well-structured and as far as you have the required skills, it shouldn't be challenging to get through.

Interview Questions

• How would you expect a similar concept to students who possess an average understanding of the English language?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in July 2017.

Interview

Incompetent people making processes on the fly, they can ask you anything on your CV. You will often find incompetent sitting across the table from you. You will only get a role if they like you (race, age, seniority etc. )

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

Application --> Testing --> Group Interview --> Panel Interview --> Offer
    Straightforward testing
    Group Interview included prospective colleagues which was good
    Panel Interview was enjoyable and more conversational
    Offer was very detailed, as I got second-round offer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

Application - Online test - Video interview - Assessment centre - Offer
    Quite hard since you will be given only 15 seconds to read the questions and prepare before the camera starts to record.
    Be prepared well before you hit the interview button!

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2013.

Interview

A standard academic interview process: research presentation, mock lecture and standard interview. It lasted 3 days and was weired because of co-presence of other candidates. Prefer the US process: more pleasant experience and efficient.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in January 2016.

Interview

apply online, then they called and emailed. then 2 interviews in person one was more of a presentation type of meeting and the other with a 6 people in the panel

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.