University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Melbourne Interview Questions

Updated 5 May 2019

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne in October 2015.

Interview

Yo need to fill a criteria selection form. Need to explain about each item in details. And submit it with your resume. Then the panel interview and I was offered the job.

IT Interview

Interview

Behavioural Interview. They consist of questions that require you to reflect on your experiences and present specific real-life examples to demonstrate your skills. Behavioural questions generally begin with the following phrases:

Tell me about a time when...
        Give me an example of...
        Describe a situation when you...

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied for an advertised position.

Negotiation

Senior Lecturer Interview

Interview

Once you get through the application phase and initial communications, you can expect to deliver a mock teaching session wherein you will be required to demonstrate your communication and presentation skills. The mock audience will be keen to ask clarifying questions and they shall then test your ability to deliver the concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. Overall, the process is simple and well-structured and as far as you have the required skills, it shouldn't be challenging to get through.

Interview Questions

• How would you expect a similar concept to students who possess an average understanding of the English language?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

Application --> Testing --> Group Interview --> Panel Interview --> Offer
    Straightforward testing
    Group Interview included prospective colleagues which was good
    Panel Interview was enjoyable and more conversational
    Offer was very detailed, as I got second-round offer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

Application - Online test - Video interview - Assessment centre - Offer
    Quite hard since you will be given only 15 seconds to read the questions and prepare before the camera starts to record.
    Be prepared well before you hit the interview button!

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2013.

Interview

A standard academic interview process: research presentation, mock lecture and standard interview. It lasted 3 days and was weired because of co-presence of other candidates. Prefer the US process: more pleasant experience and efficient.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in January 2016.

Interview

apply online, then they called and emailed. then 2 interviews in person one was more of a presentation type of meeting and the other with a 6 people in the panel

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

allow sufficient time;
    are conducted in a private and comfortable environment;
    pose probing questions without creating undue stress;
    have questions framed around the selection criteria;
    have the candidates’ responses recorded;
    will clarify each candidate’s interpersonal skills;
    will explore gaps or discrepancies;
    probe reasons for leaving previous positions;
    where each panel member checks their assumptions and biases;
    clarify that the applicant can carry out all aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• canvas core topics agreed upon and asked of all candidates;
      maintain control of the interview;
      apply criteria in an objective and neutral way in their evaluation of the candidates;
      have the ability to formulate probing questions that lead to a full, complete and accurate picture of the candidate;
      are objective and neutral in their evaluation of the candidates and their employment situations;
      have the ability to draw out examples of the individual?s attitudes, temperament, beliefs and experiences;
      know about legal issues concerning discriminatory inference and/or intrusive questions that infringe on privacy;
      are highly skilled at listening and evaluating what is being said and how it is expressed;
      are professional but friendly, helping the applicant feel relaxed and comfortable enough to present in the best possible way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in March 2010.

Interview

Internal referral within the University. Invited to interview with academic I knew and who knew my work. One on one interview concerning the possible position and the likely work entailed. The work was basically laboratory work/report & paper writing/supervision of research assistants and undergrad students. I was asked to give a proposal on the spot, as to how I would initially go about engineering/solving the solution to the specific challenges entailed for the position. I was also asked about my career plans. I was offered the job at the end of the interview - which I immediately accepted.

Interview Questions

• It was a technical question regarding the step by step process I would go through to synthesize particular chemical products? How I would design the chemical products ? why ? in what stages I would examine the different designs ? why ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.