University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Melbourne Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Melbourne

2.8

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Fort Lee, NJ (US)).

Interview

After submitting my application, the office contacted me with a few time/date options for setting up a video conference call with the two heads of the phd program. I was already told prior to the interview that I would be asked to 'elevator pitch' my thesis proposal, so I was prepared to do so.

It was a straight forward interview, asking me about my previous employment, why I was interested in obtaining a phd, and what will I bring to the program. My only qualm with the process was that both interviewees happened to have had issues with getting to a computer that had a video camera. They could see me, but I could not see them. Therefore, I had to act as though I was interacting with human faces, when I was actually answering questions to two desktop icons, moving my head back and forth between the two as though this was a natural conversation.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

Three of staff members interviewed me with very positive atmosphere. I made a presentation slides to address their request. I got the reply email after ten days of deadline and got the interview after twenty days of deadline.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne).

Interview

panel interview , joined by 3 people asking questions and observing while you answer them ,was fairly simple and technical in nature and was pertaining to lot of integration between various systems being used by employees and students, cloud based applications testing as well

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourselves in 5 years
      your strengths
      your weaknesses   Answer Question

Research Officer Interview

Interview

Fast interview with clear role-related questions. Quick response and HR delivery of papers. No issues with the systems but onboarding was unclear and no real help from IT system. IT system was centralised with no one clear point of contact, same with finance and leads to widespread confusion

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Followed university criteria. A phone panel interview was set up. They asked standard questions and were very friendly. They called my references the following day and then made an offer.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Two interviewers, one focuses on the academic ability, the other focuses on the HR issues. First, an introduction about the requirement of TA, and then the interviewer will ask several questions relate to the subject.

Interview Questions

• Whether your competences are fit for TA's job requirment.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

Interviewed for two roles, always by a panel of 3 or more. Both interviews were fairly relaxed and interviewers friendly and welcoming. Interviews were a combinations of usual questions (tell us about yourself) and behavioural questions i.e. In this scenario, what would you do?

Interview Questions

• What difficulties may you run into when recruiting individuals to genetics research?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

I was asked to meet the hospitality manager and we had a conversation about what the job profile is about. They asked for my availability and that's it. They took me around to show the place. I was asked to join in a week.

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne).

Interview

Assessment Centre with group presentation, working with other applicants to present a solution/plan to an issue in front of a panel of judges, and then completing the assessment centre with an individual interview

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2019.

Interview

It started with a written application where you have to write about how you meet the selection criteria. Then, the next stage was the assessment centre which comprised of a partner activity, group activity, a writing exercise and a one-one interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.