University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Melbourne Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Melbourne

2.8

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Korea, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Korea, KY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

It was a casual interview with my future survivor. Based on my CV and research proposal, he asked about several questions. Unlike my expectation, he didn't ask about my expertise in detail.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest? Why do you contact to our centre?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Fort Lee, NJ (US)).

Interview

After submitting my application, the office contacted me with a few time/date options for setting up a video conference call with the two heads of the phd program. I was already told prior to the interview that I would be asked to 'elevator pitch' my thesis proposal, so I was prepared to do so.

It was a straight forward interview, asking me about my previous employment, why I was interested in obtaining a phd, and what will I bring to the program. My only qualm with the process was that both interviewees happened to have had issues with getting to a computer that had a video camera. They could see me, but I could not see them. Therefore, I had to act as though I was interacting with human faces, when I was actually answering questions to two desktop icons, moving my head back and forth between the two as though this was a natural conversation.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

Three of staff members interviewed me with very positive atmosphere. I made a presentation slides to address their request. I got the reply email after ten days of deadline and got the interview after twenty days of deadline.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

It involved a two phase interview process. The preliminary interview took 30 minutes with a panel of 6 staff from the CIS department.
    I was shortlisted for the second interview stage which involved a presentation and standard behavioural interview questions.

PASS Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

You will be invited to apply after completing a subject with a high grade.

The interview process is quite simple and straight forward. Apply online, if successful you will have a face to face interview with the coordinator. The interview is about 30 minutes.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne).

Interview

panel interview , joined by 3 people asking questions and observing while you answer them ,was fairly simple and technical in nature and was pertaining to lot of integration between various systems being used by employees and students, cloud based applications testing as well

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourselves in 5 years
      your strengths
      your weaknesses   Answer Question

Research Officer Interview

Interview

Fast interview with clear role-related questions. Quick response and HR delivery of papers. No issues with the systems but onboarding was unclear and no real help from IT system. IT system was centralised with no one clear point of contact, same with finance and leads to widespread confusion

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Followed university criteria. A phone panel interview was set up. They asked standard questions and were very friendly. They called my references the following day and then made an offer.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Two interviewers, one focuses on the academic ability, the other focuses on the HR issues. First, an introduction about the requirement of TA, and then the interviewer will ask several questions relate to the subject.

Interview Questions

• Whether your competences are fit for TA's job requirment.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

Interviewed for two roles, always by a panel of 3 or more. Both interviews were fairly relaxed and interviewers friendly and welcoming. Interviews were a combinations of usual questions (tell us about yourself) and behavioural questions i.e. In this scenario, what would you do?

Interview Questions

• What difficulties may you run into when recruiting individuals to genetics research?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.