Vanguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Vanguard

1,118 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard in August 2018.

Interview

Easy interview process. 1st a phone interview/screening, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager. In some cases, it would have been helpful to have met with the person to whom I'd be reporting, but it was a non-issue in this case.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to be OK with working these hours (4am - 2pm)?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Honestly they ask you just questions around the STAR format. Does not matter what position you apply for, all the questions are the same. They usually will have you do some role playing.

Interview Questions

• All the questions start with "Name a time when....."   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

This review is for the last position I was in, I was already an employee, it was 2 interviews, with the team leader and then manager. The process took over a month.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

There are multiple interviews. My interview had an assessment that you cannot really prepare for. What happens is you have initial interviews and then you meet with the higher ups in your secondary interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based. If you don't have common sense, you're not getting to the next round.   1 Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and later a group interview with the team- interviewers were pleasant and relaxed, structured to assess cultural fit. After the final interview, I received almost immediate positive feedback from HR that I would be made an offer for the position. Several days later I was offered a more junior level position instead with no guarantees on promotion.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I had a simple phone screening which moved to a online skills assessment. The skills assessment was pretty simple, so I was invited to a final round interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you debug code?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with cloud technologies?   1 Answer
    • What is one way that you added efficiency (perhaps a new idea) to your environment in your previous positions?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application through my university's career website and received an email from a recruiter the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone screen lasted 30 minutes and included some basic questions on Java and Object Oriented Programming.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Vanguards Contracting Position Interview was held on May 2019.
    Went on Face to Face interview was mainly on Core java and Sprint Integration.
    I was asked about few memory management questions
    Core java aswell.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

First was an online java test. Then they did a phone interview soon after where they asked why I applied and what I knew about the company. They brought me in for a full day session with other candidates. They started by briefly talked about the company. There were two interviews, first is technical with a case study and second is behavioral. Ended with a discussion on the company and benefits

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

The company HR department is a mess, no one would respond your email at some point. First, an online test easy to earth that everyone can pass. Then, an HR recruiter contacts me through email asking for a phone interview appointment for the next step, I emailed back with time, and we agreed on a time. But when time comes, no one calls me at all, I waited for hours, and try to email her and call her number, no one response. Weeks later, still no response at all, I decided to call HR department to ask why, department calls on her, she then gave me feedback saying something happened and apologies to me, and re-schedule a phone interview. That round is just for general resume questions, the recruiter also set up next-round(last one on-site) interview for me in phone. Days after, I flew out to Malvern PA, the interview went with 1 behavior and 1 technical, and goes smoothly, before I leave, they said they are going to have results emailed to me in 2 weeks, but I waited for 5 weeks after the on-site, still has no response, I tried to email my recruiter, no response at all. After around the 6th week, I got an email saying I am rejected. This whole interview process took me 2 MONTH. Besides, I keep getting junk mails saying that Vanguard scheduled me travels several times, and I asked another recruiter, she told me that has nothing to do with Vanguard? just ignore them? That was my worst experience..........

Interview Questions

• What is a stack? what are applications of stack.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.