Vanguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Vanguard

1,187 Interview Reviews

2.9

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It was good they make you answer in Star format so learn that and you should be good. Also be prepared and learn about the culture their and you should be good.

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Contacted by Vanguard recruiter via LinkedIn. Phone call with the recruiter who set up an initial phone interview with a Manager. Proceeded to virtual interviews (offices closed due to Covid-19). The virtual interview was conducted over 3 hours with several managers and senior managers. STAR format and case study. See previous posts- pretty accurate going back to 2015. They are primarily looking for someone to make warm calls all day long.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

I talked to recruiters at a career fair, I applied online, I scheduled a phone screening and it took about 1 hour. I was told that we could schedule a second final interview but with COVID-19 it was through an online video call. The second interview was also an hour long.

Interview Questions

• They used the STAR method.
      Ex: Tell me about a time when you had to work with somebody who was upset. How did you react and what did you do to help them out?   1 Answer

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

This was pre-pandemic but
    1 - 3 coding questions sent via email
    2 - phone interview where they ask behavioral questions
    3 - onsite interview. They pay for your hotel, lasts from around 8 AM - 2PM . Asked technical, behavioral and given powerpoints on what to expect with the company.

However, they claimed you get reimbursed for traveling expenses and that it would take 4-6 weeks. It's been 3 months and I still haven't been reimbursed. Tried contacting, lady said she'd give reimbursement the following Monday, she never did and now she never responds. False promises early makes me believe this is a scam company.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online and got sent a link to a hacker rank test. It's not too many questions and you get about an hour and a half to complete the assessment

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

First i applied and received a phone call for a 30-45min phone interview. The phone interview went well and so did the in person. There were at least 10 others interviewing with me and they do interviews every other friday.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

They love doing Star type questions. There is usually 4 to 5 of those star type questions. Then you talk about Vanguard core values. That will help you out.

Interview Questions

• tell me an example that you had to make a decision on helping a client.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Interview

The process involved a phone screening followed by an in-person full day interview with 3 different sections including a case study, HR interview and Technical interview. The technical interview just involved basic software engineering principles.

Entry Level Developer Interview

Interview

Began with a 20 minute case study. One on one with a technical lead manager for technical proficiency and previous experiences. Second was one on one that was more behavioral: describe yourself, what would you do if.... etc

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

First an on-campus interview for around 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, very little technical questions. Then about a week later I was invited to a super day at Vanguard Headquarter that lasts the whole day (about 8am to 3pm).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.