Yardi Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

Yardi Systems Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2018

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via email about my resume posting. I hadn't been looking for account management positions, but she felt it would be a good fit. We scheduled a phone interview, it took about thirty minutes, with basic screening questions. The next step was going into office for an assessment test. The test included logic questions, some accounting math, and written scenarios.

Later that same day, I received a call requesting an in-person interview. Three days later I came in again -- this time for three, 30-minute interviews, each with a pair of managers / team leaders from different divisions of the department. They're looking to potentially add you to their teams, so I would say it's mostly a culture fit assessment. The questions asked in each interview were somewhat repetitive, but as essentially a personality test it may be hard to gauge. A few days later I received a call from HR that a manager was interested in me, so she presented a conditional offer based on a background + reference check.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a client is yelling at you over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late October 2017 and got a call from a recruiting manager in November 2017 about coming in for an evaluation. The evaluation had questions about Accounting, SQL, and IT. Took about 2 hours. A few days later I was called back to schedule an in-person interview. I was told that the interview would be with 1-3 managers from several different departments.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with an HR recruiter and was asked the usual questions about background and experience. I guess I did well enough and was set up for an in-person interview for the following week. Met with members of the DB team and they were very nice and asked some great questions to test my knowledge and experience. I readily admitted that I hadn't really done much with SQL Server since an internship 4 years earlier. Was told I'd hear some news by the end of the week, but had to follow up with HR rep on Monday afternoon and found out I wasn't chosen. Overall, I found the process helpful and I knew that I was lacking the level of experience they were most likely looking for, but I appreciated the chance to try.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult work experience that you had to overcome to complete a project?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Oxnard, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I first received a phone interview asking me basic questions (career goals, describe yourself, tell me about your resume, etc). Very standard and straightforward.

After that I was offered to into one of the offices to describe the details in my resume in better detail as well as have a technical interview. Questions revolved around Java and SQL mostly. The office was very nice and the people were kind as well. A very welcoming environment from what it seemed.

Interview Questions

• What are Inner / Outer Joins in SQL? How are they different?   1 Answer

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Got call from recruiter to set-up interview. Interview lasted an hour took assessment test then invited for second interview. Met with some of the managers and interviewed with them for two hours.

The office seemed very stale to me. No enthusaim or energy. As I learned more about the role, it seemed liked it was just a customer service rep role with a fancy title. Majority of the work seems like answering calls or emails.

They are looking for someone who has a cultural fit rather than skills/experience. If you're a CPA or someone with an IT background (like me) than this isn't the role for you. I declined as it wasn't for my IT background. Process took about a month but overall I had a positive experience and think it's a great company!

Interview Questions

• One thing I should know about you?

Why do you know about Yardi?   Answer Question

Leasing Agent/Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I initially had correspondence with over the phone was great. She was nice, informative, and attentive. I was invited for an in person interview after that conversation and was optimistic about the endeavor. However, my actual interview was awful. The interviewer was rude, uninterested, and I'm not even sure that she knew my name. I have more than enough experience for the position and gave strong answers to all of the same, tired questions she asked. But I never received much a response from her. By the end of the awful experience I was more than ready to go. She didn't even have the decency to call personally but I was sent a letter that they would not be extending an offer (not that I was surprised). Yardi seems like a good company to work for. But I honestly would have had better luck if I'd interviewed with a brick wall.

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Roswell, GA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

-Employee referral, sent resume to HR
    -Received email about career fair approx. one-two days later
    -Arrived, many other candidates, took an assessment test that involved property, accounting and general computer questions, went home
    -Had one in-person interview after, then had to do the online application while I was there, went home
    -Heard back by phone couple days later for next round of interviews
    -Showed up and had lunch with employees, another assessment with intro course first to test how comfortable you can be on the spot, then had to have three in-person interviews back to back after, went home
    -Heard back by phone couple days later for another in-person interview
    -Arrived and had three back to back (played Drake's back to back song on the way there) in-person interviews, went home
    -Heard back by phone one last time with an offer, accepted. Found out that my coworker and myself were the only two out of 50 candidates to get hired...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Recruiter contacted for initial phone screening. After that invited for in-person interview with several senior managers. They called me back the next day asking to submit for background check consent. Last step was to take basic skills assessment which is to make sure what areas you may need training on. Got a phone call the very next day with an offer. Culture & role fit are only few reasons that attracted me to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Yardi?   1 Answer

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Simple.. they asked me to walk them through my resume. Two weeks later they had emailed me saying they would like to schedule an in person interview. Was interviewed by two of the managers. Very friendly and definitely made my interview feel a lot less stressful. They said they would get back in touch with me. This was about 3 days ago. I saw they jusr reposted the job in Craigslist. Which I'm assuming they are no longer interested in me. Which is too bad because I could have seen myself working for Yardi for a very long time. Still highly recommend. I did a lot of research on Yardi and it would be a great company to work for.

Assistant Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Went in to take an assessment on SQL, basic accounting, word problems and customer service scenarios. After that, I was called in to interview with 5 pairs of managers who head separate teams. They asked questions about my resume, 1-2 questions per team about my accounting knowledge, and lots of questions about my customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.