Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Zillow Interview Questions

Interviews at Zillow

2.9

Interview

Due to COVID, interview was conducted over the phone. Initial screening was predictable. No follow up after the interview by recruiter. Job has been reposted multiple times.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult... it was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zillow (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online and recruiter asked me to setup time for a call. In the call the recruiter says that she does not have a green light to hire for the position yet and will reach out at a later point. If she knew this why did she set up the meeting and waste my time ? Very unprofessional.

Applied Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

The interview process was 3 rounds: the first round was a take-home challenge. Then, the second round was a phone call with the manager. And the final one was onsite.

Interview Questions

• Why do we need pooling layers?
      Explains CNNs ?   1 Answer

1 Jun 2020 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience! Feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to discuss anything further at annie@zillowgroup.com. -Annie Rihn

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one with the recruiter, and another with the department manager, then a loop of several people in the company. They have a similar process to most of the other large tech companies in the area.

Interview Questions

• What is a process improvement you have implemented in the past year that made a difference for your company?   1 Answer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview planning process was we'll structured and the coordinator provided all the necessary info on times, parking, etc. Logistics of the day all went well.

Interviews were split between behavioral questions and white boarding exercises. All interviewers were friendly and interviews had a relaxed feel. All interviewers left plenty of time for questions.

Where the process really fell apart was with communication from recruiting. The recruiter told me that it would take at least a week between each step to hear back. In reality, I'd wait a week and then have to ask for an update. In the end, I've been ghosted by recruiting, and will just need to assume they decided not to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led by example?   1 Answer

5 May 2020 – VP, Recruiting

I sincerely apologize for the interview experience you had. That's certainly not what we strive for and it's clear that we dropped the ball in following up. We value the time you spent interviewing with us and we appreciate your feedback which will be shared with the Recruiting team. Please reach out to me directly if you have any additional details you'd like to share. -Annie Rihn, annie@zillowgroup.com

Strategic Partner Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Quick
    Did not include take home project
    Recruiter was great and super outgoing
    Included mock phone call/role play
    Multiple back to back in-person interviews that were 30 min each

Interview Questions

• A client wants to retract properties from the site, what do you do?   Answer Question

12 Mar 2020 – VP, Recruiting

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your interview experience at Zillow. Providing a positive candidate experience is our top priority, and I'd love to hear from you if you have any additional feedback you'd like to share. -Annie Rihn, annie@zillowgroup.com.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on email. Initial conversation with recruiter to learn about interests so he could match me with an internal org. After that, tech screen scheduled with in a week. Very nice interviewer who provided positive feedback and encouragement as I solved problems. Sometimes, interviewers just sit silently judging you; but listening to positive feedback takes any hesitation and nervousness out. Feedback provided in 2 business days. On-site scheduled a week after. Results shared in 3 days with an offer a couple of days after

Interview Questions

• binary search question
      system design question based on streaming
      2 behavioral rounds
      2 medium difficulty LC   Answer Question

12 Mar 2020 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience at Zillow. I'm pleased to hear you had a positive experience, which is what we strive for with every interview. Please reach out to me directly if you have any additional details you'd like to share! - Annie Rihn, annie@zillowgroup.com

Applied Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me did a phone screen then sent me an assignment to predict housing prices. The recruiter said results will be discussed with the hiring manager.
    There were no specific instructions on how to write the report or what to include.
    They said it should take 5-10 hours.
    I tried to stick to that time limit, I wrote a report summarizing my final selected model assuming discussion with the team would elaborate more on the process.
    Recruiter said they decided not to move forward because the hiring manager thought there are no enough figures or data in the report!
    I was very disappointed because I assumed that it’s only fair for any candidate who spent time working on some assignment to at least get the chance to discuss it, especially if the reason is the report not long enough!!!
    I told the recruiter I’ve got all that but wasn’t sure what to include and that it’s only fair to talk about the findings! Of course never heard back.
    I have a PhD in spatial statistics so I sure know how to write a report or compare models!
    Very disappointing and disrespectful to the candidates.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

12 Mar 2020 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback and I’m very sorry to hear you felt disrespected. I also very much appreciate the amount of time you spent on the exercise and we will definitely consider this feedback as we continue to try and balance how much of our interview process is done ahead of time through take-home assessments with how much time is spent interviewing person to person. If you have any ideas of how we can improve this part of the process that you’d be willing to share with me, please reach out to me directly anytime – annie@zillowgroup.com. Thank you again for the time you took, both to interview and to share this feedback. - Annie Rihn

ML Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow in February 2020.

Interview

There was a telephonic round that was done by a software engineer. He started off by explaining his role at Zillow and then asked about my learning goals and interests. He then asked me about the projects that I had worked on.

Interview Questions

• How would you add 2 numbers if they were represented as Linked Lists?   Answer Question

12 Mar 2020 – VP, Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your interview! If you would like to share any additional details, feel free to contact me directly at annie@zillowgroup.com. -Annie Rihn

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly enough and goes along the lines of other interviews I've been a part of. Phone screen with recruiter, technical phone screen, then onsite.

However, the overall experience was extremely frustrating as I did receive a verbal offer, only to have it rescinded a few days later when I inquired about the status of the written offer. As a candidate, this was obviously extremely disheartening and disappointing. I was given the reason that management had changed the requirements of the role and had to pass on me as a result. As a professional courtesy, one would think this should have been settled upon before a verbal offer.

Whatever the reason, I sincerely hope this doesn't happen on a regular basis to candidates interviewing for Zillow.

Interview Questions

• Won't disclose due to respect the privacy of Zillow's interview process.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.