Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Scientist Interview Questions

scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe different JOINs in SQL. Having a categorical variable with thousands distinct values, how would you encode it? How to find linear trends in time series. How to find the flow in a matrix showing temperature. ...

3 Answers

I replied all the questions with confidence. The two phone interviewers were very nice and did not hesitate to explain again/more each question.

Having a categorical variable with thousands distinct values, how would you encode it ? Can you please answer this ?

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Explain machine learning algorithm 'X' that you use day to day. Explain difference between Random Forest and XGBoost.

1 Answer

Standard questions why you would like to work for that company and give examples of your previous work experience, describe your tasks in detail. Additionally, how will I go about living in remote areas and if I have been living in areas like that.

1 Answer

They gave study case from tableau and we need to explain what the chart means, and give insights based on it mostly on background check and i think lots of it regarding cultural fit , Basically like looking for someone who can become a good teammate

1 Answer

Quantify in number of years, the amount of experience you have working with machine learning algorithms

1 Answer

How do you maximise profit based on the outcomes of data analysis?

1 Answer

What is random forest? How do you deal with overfitting problem?

1 Answer

1. Simple algorithm design and problem solving 2. IQ test 3. Financial related questions 4. Machine learning 5. programming skills

1 Answer

I was asked to solve a Kaggle competition - one which was relevant to the Coles' line of business.

1 Answer

Why you picked this grad program instead of a junior data analytics role

110 of 104 Interview Questions