Technology development program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Technology development program Interview Questions

technology development program interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The interview was with two managers from the relevant business team in Finance and Strategy. The “relevant business team” is the team you nominate to Telstra’s recruiters as your preferred business team. The interview was structured in three parts: 1. a 5 minute presentation on a finance-related case study; 2. behavioural interview; and 3. some time for questions for the interviewers. The case study presentation is relatively straight forward if you have prepared, but be ready to answer the interviewers’ questions about the content of the presentation. The interviewers asked standard questions during the behavioural interview such as: “1. Why have you applied to Telstra and why would you be a good fit for a role in the Finance and Strategy team? 2. Describe a time when you had to work in a team. What role did you play? What were some of the challenges you faced and what was the outcome? 3. Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership. What difficulties did you face and how did you overcome them?” Prior to the interview we were advised by Telstra’s recruitment team to answer the behavioural questions using the “CARE” method: 1. “Context” where you give a brief outline of the situation and the challenges you faced; 2. “Actions” where you talk through the key steps you took to resolve / manage the situation; 3. “Results” where you summarise the outcome of your actions; and 4. “Evidence” where you provide examples to support / back up the results you just described. It's a good idea to have prepared some questions for the interviewers about Telstra, the role, the relevant business unit, career paths etc. because there will probably be some time left at the end for these questions.

3 Answers

Hi, I was wondering what are the technical concepts the interview touches on? I also recently applied and I greatly appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks.

It could be on anything finance related - that was the difficulty, especially when you were given no forewarning from Telstra's graduate recruitment team that such questions will be asked. From memory, my question was on the treatment of depreciating assets in the income statement. My suggestion is to have a good, basic understanding of financial statements, cash flows, financial ratios and some valuation methods.

thanks fam. have my interview comming up

What do you think is the biggest asset that you would bring if you were successful in you application to work here?

1 Answer

Why do you think we should hire you?

1 Answer

Teaching practice? Methods? Experience in class management and International Students?

Talk me through your CV

1 Answer

tell me when you have shown leadership, tell how did you solve a difficult situation, etc. And the previous gamified personal test

1 Answer

A lot of behavioural and situational questions.

1 Answer

Please tell us why you would be a good fit for this role?

work experience

1 Answer

Can you provide details of employers where you had to rescue a project.

110 of 261 Interview Questions