ANS Reviews

Updated 11 May 2020

4.0
ANS CEO Paul Shannon (no image)
Paul Shannon
Pros
  • "Everyone I have worked with has been very supportive and always willing to help with any queries or issues I may have(in 5 reviews)

• "Free fruit every day is a healthy bonus(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Never seen a company with such a high staff turnover(in 5 reviews)

• "People are treated very poorly and this is why they have a high staff turnover(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great start"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time

Pros

Great communication from all management levels. Welcoming team, everyone is really friendly and down to earth. Good processes in place. Driven company.

Cons

Due to covid not been able to meet all the team face to face!

ANS2020-05-01

May 5, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Firstly, thank you very much for leaving a review about ANS, it is greatly appreciated. COVID has caused us to adapt so quickly and it is a shame that you seem to have missed the face to face interaction so early in your time at ANS. Great to see you enjoy the ways we are trying to mitigate this and get everyone invovled in the business in spite of these issues. If you've enjoyed it at ANS so far under these circumstances then you're going to love it going forward. Great to have you onboard.

2. "Great environment to grow"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity to grow in your career and develop skills, the customer base is vast with different sectors and the technologies being delivered is always ahead of the compitition.

Cons

Salary across the same level of employees is not consistent and sometimes unfair.

ANS2020-05-01

May 5, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of ANS, it is very mcuh appreciated. It is always great to see people that have been at ANS for as long as you have and still enjoying amd thriving with us. If you'd feel comfortable I would urge you to come and speak to me or drop me a note to clarify the salary concerns you have please. We do run a system that shold be fair based on experience, skillsets, seniority of role (junior, intermediate, senior etc), so this should weed out issues you raise, but it's never perfect. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave the review.

"manager"

Current Employee - Manager in London, ON

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

good place to work and good persons

Cons

difficulty in working and find most probable

ANS2020-05-07

"Not a good place for working parents"

Former Employee - Team Member in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff are nice and help each other out. The staff do a lot of charity fundraising.

Cons

I worked in managed services and there is very little flexibility offered to staff who are working parents. It’s different for senior managers, they work from home so much that you hardly ever see them in the office. In managed services the salaries are very low compared to the competitors so the staff turnover is high. I also didn’t like the managers shouting at staff in front of other people if they had made a mistake.

ANS2020-05-11

"Sweatshop"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good social life. Leaving drinks every other week because of the high turnover of staff. Free pizza for writing a good Glassdoor review.

Cons

Pay the lowest salary and benefits they can get away with. Don’t listen to staff even though Technical Analysts are the ones speaking to customers all the time. Then blame technical analysts when something goes wrong. Senior Managers shouting at staff in the middle of the office.

ANS2020-05-03

May 5, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review, it is stark and hard to read, but it has immediately got my attention, so it worked if that was your intention. Firstly, I have to address the free pizza for reviews is not a policy and if it was I'd expect it to get laughed right out of town by anyone with half an ounce of self-respect. I honestly don't know how to address the "Cons" section without doing it face to face, I will only come accross as defensive. Please contact me over email in the first instance and we can chat if you feel it would be helpful. You've gone to the trouble to write the review, so you obviously feel strongly enough about the people you've left behind to be a voice for them. My email address is paul@ans.co.uk, please get in touch. Thanks for going to the trouble to leave the review.

"Good Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good company with friendly staff - Great benefits - Good attitude towards work life balance

Cons

- Substantially lower than average pay - Technical team requirementsignored in favour of sales team requests

ANS2020-02-17

February 28, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to review ANS, it means a lot. I'm really glad that you recognise areas to do with culture and people as positive within ANS, this is great to hear. I see you are a Tech Analyst, but we have a number of levels within that role, so it is difficult to work out what pay level you may be at. We always try to be competitive in the pay for roles and you should have a solid PDP for growth potential for at least an 18 month plan. If you don't believe this is the case, then please take it up with you Team Leader, if you think that the response from your TL isn't satisfactory then you should go to Head of Managed Services to discuss it openly. I know it might feel intimidating and outside of protocol, to go above TLs head, but pay is an important part of going to work, so you have every right to present your case to whomever you wish. It's painful to read that you think there is a disparity in treatment between Sales and Technical, we've worked very hard over the years to ensure this isn't the case. We don't get everything right all of the time of course, but our intentions are always good. I'd really love it if you come to me and make some suggestions about how we can do better. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

7. "Technology business lead by techies"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership is spot on, forward thinking business, you're supported to achieve your goals and encouraged to challenge processes.

Cons

The only one slight con I can think of, and it's not really a con, is I'd rather the office be in the city centre

ANS2020-01-30

February 2, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it. You're right, it would be amazing to have the office in the city centre, especially with how vibrant the centre is now. I would say that the new area around the Crowne Plaza (Mowgli, BrewDog etc) is pretty cool, but still some way to go, I agree. I've said it before in reviews, but it really is extremely heartening, when I read about people feeling comfortable to challenge, speak up, make mistakes without feeling anything other than they will be supported. This is when we know we are doing the right things in our business.

"WORST TIME OF MY LIFE"

Former Employee - Technician in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

free fruit, tea and coffee

Cons

I would like to start with the low salary of the business. Compared with other workplaces the workplace pays the lowest of the low. I will not post the actual salary due to legal reasons but the salary is abysmal. Another thing is the unprofessionalism of the business. As I entered the workplace I was bullied a lot as the business has a social chat where people are able to bully one another. It is very unprofessional as one of the workers swore at my own mother and one of them actually asked me for a fight. A lot of group bullying happens in the workplace and unfortunately no suitable action takes place. Another thing which I didn't like was the naming and shaming of the company. I have learning difficulties and the workers of the workplace had the decency to constantly name and shame me on the group chat for my mistakes and laugh at me in which I find offensive and even to this day I have bad memories of this company taking the mick of my learning difficulty. I would next like to talk about the cultural knowledge of the workplace. The so called ANS company organised a trip where students had to go to the pub. I take drinking very seriously and when I spoke to the team leader I couldn't go to the pub as I had to go to my prayers, the team leader had the cheek to say "Can't you do them later?". I said "no" , so what he did then was make me do extra work whilst everyone else got to enjoy there night out. Honestly I thought this workplace was meant to be ranked "the top best workplace". Makes very logical sense to whoever ranks the companies. What mind blows me is the way the company planned out the trip as it was carelessly done. Honestly, a monkey would be more careful planning a night out. What ANS did was make a student aged 16 get drunk that much that he actually vomited all over the floor. It's unfortunate to see a company like ANS to get away with a careless error like this. I like to now finalize with the lies and slander the company made about me for causing my contract to be terminated.... The lies that they made about me. I was working that hard, I even took less break time to achieve results yet the company still had the nerve to talk about my poor attitude. They were talking the same as me and working the same as me yet and also I was the only person which had to attend the meetings about my behavior even though I was one of the quiet and hard working ones, in the class. I will like to say that I am happy to be gone from the company but disappointing at the same time that the company can get rid of people so easily and also pay a very low redundancy money. Penny pinching extraordinaire the business should be called. I am now struggling to find work and now have to get universal credit which is difficult in my situation. Even now I am frustrated to this day, the way the business treated me. I will finalize now with the way the business handled my contract termination. What the company actually had the decency to do was publicize my sacking on Microsoft teams to my colleagues. I found this quite embarrassing and I was even more disappointed at the fact they had the decency to lie about me in my contract of termination. I believe I worked my hardest and lies and manipulation techniques were used against me.

ANS2020-02-24

February 28, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Your review does not reflect the core values of ANS, not even close, so I’m disappointed to hear that your experience here has left you feeling this way. We aim to provide a nurturing, diverse and safe working environment to all of our employees and have worked hard on creating an inclusive culture backed up by our policies to support everyone, regardless of job role, so some of your comments are difficult to read. In fact, if they are even half true then some of them are scandalous and I can assure you (take that assurance as you will, but it does mean something) that I will take this seriously. I would like to invite you to come back in to ANS to discuss some of the concerns you have listed in this review, and previous reviews as there is quite a lot to address here. I’m also sorry to hear you are finding it difficult to find work, I’d really like to reach out to you to see if we can provide you with any support in finding a new position to help you move forward in your career. If you speak to any of the people that know me well, they will tell you that I take my duties to people, community and family very seriously, so if you reach out to me and I can help then I will. My email address is paul@ans.co.uk, contact me any time at all, I will make a slot available that works for you.

9. "Level 3 Technical Analyst Apprentice"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came into my apprenticeship straight from school which at first felt like a huge change from what I was used to but since starting it was a very easy environment to settle into. Everyone is approachable and more than happy to go out of their way to help you and that's been the case since the day I started. It is an extremely good working environment and although I've only been here for 3 months I feel like I have been here for a lot longer.

Cons

There are no issues that come to mind.

ANS2019-12-13

February 2, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for the review. Love reading the reviews from apprentices and getting your views too. I can't stress how pleased it makes us to hear that you have had such amazing experiences of people within your first 3 months. It is critical that a business gets this right, but it is only possible if the culture is right. Seems like we are smashing it here with you. I hope you feel as comfortable throughout your time, but if not, then I hope you know you can come to anyone in the business to voice any concerns. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

10. "Young company that really cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst Apprentice in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is the best I have ever worked for. All employees at the company are super approachable and there's never any stupid questions. Training is available whenever and for whatever you need, and the employee benefits and social events are second to none. They have very forward-thinking and green values, as well as encouraging progression within the company.

Cons

There really isn't anything that isn't made up for in job satisfaction.

ANS2019-12-13

February 2, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Absolutely love that you think we have a safe environment for asking questions and know that nobody will give you anything other support. This is amazing to hear. Feedback is a constant obstacle for us, when we think we are doing better, we get this feedback. If you read this then please let me know whether it is more related to managers or you mean from the business. Thank you for taking the time, we appreciate it.

Found 82 reviews