AT&T Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.4
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
10,055 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great Benefits compared to other companies(in 1754 reviews)

• "Nice people good pay good work environment(in 1641 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Best working environment"

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Excellent leadership by senior management team. This company will continue to evolve. So many internal opportunities for your career growth. A lot of internal trainings options are available.

Cons

Company will make you work very hard.

AT&T2018-10-08
  2. "Good and Average at the same time"

Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good people to work with and a decent salary.

Cons

People are a number and some middle managers are only interested in their career to the detriment of everything else.

AT&T2019-09-25
  3. "Top 5 company to work in Malaysia"

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Annual salary increment, 13Month salary, annual bonus, travel allowance

Cons

Requires purely technical (network) skills

Advice to Management

Should try to broad the opportunity to all..not only looking at the job level..

AT&T2019-04-09
  4. "Lack of recognition"

Marketing

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Great for your resume as it is a strong global brand. You gain good experience and understand how a global company functions

Cons

Lack of or stolen recognition for good work is common Office politics very visible Sales are seen as untouchable

AT&T2016-03-17
  5. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Painting in Adelaide

I worked at AT&T part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great communication between all staff members. Great work ethic all around the office and a great atmoshpere around everyone including customers

Cons

Not enough electrical appliances to supply the office and customers when needed. And not enough custom support for foreign customers resulting in them having a bad impression of the company

Advice to Management

Get more electrical appliances

AT&T2016-01-15
  6. "Early days were great with strong leadership that understood the Australian Market well."

Former Employee - Global Account Director in Melbourne

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All the people supporting sales are great to work with as they are supportive and are willing to go the extra mile in a process orientated environment.

Cons

Salary is competitive although work-life balance is challenging working across multiple time zones. Limited solution set available in Asia-Pac.

Advice to Management

Find some strong differentiation in the Australian market place. Stop being a me too player and relying on the brand.

AT&T2014-07-26

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life... outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the... culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15
  8. "Awesome opportunity to contribute impact"

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Middletown, NJ

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people, the industry, the technology, the customer impact, the compensation

Cons

Siloed management interests limit business and customer impact, over-emphasis on collaboration zones, lack of technical ladder for outstanding consistent contributors

Advice to Management

Focus on growing customers via delivering premium services and focus less on where people live and work. Provide a senior level technical ladder for outstanding, consistent technical leaders.

AT&T2019-10-16

"Proud AT&T Employee"

Current Employee - Lead Policy Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits - medical, dental, vision, life, employee discounts Wages - very competitive Time-off - Generous vacation time, in addition to LOA's, FMLA, disability, JA, etc...

Cons

Hiring process can be lengthy, several layers of interviews, which is to be expected at director level and above, but still happens with lower level management. Telecommuting is allowed is some groups for some days, but there are many positions at AT&T that would benefit to work from home full time or at least several days a week. 2020 workspace (open seating, open area) is very distracting.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees until they give you a reason not to. Then if they do something that needs attention, have THAT employee pay the consequences, don't force restrictions on the entire team for what one person does.

AT&T2019-10-09
  10. "In Home Experts"

Former Employee - IHX Consultant

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Job itself is fun, being out with the customers and helping them fill in any gaps in promotional offers with At&t.

Cons

At the end it's still Sales so you have to be comfortable and confident in Sales. You have to be self driven because it's easier to be lazy when you are on your own.

Advice to Management

Managers need to listen to their employees and find a way to help their employees be more productive.

AT&T2019-10-16