Bankers Life Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 1220 reviews

3.6
Bankers Life CEO Scott Goldberg
Scott Goldberg
Pros
  • "GREAT TRAINING, an opportunity for those that want their own business(in 84 reviews)

• "The best training program I've been through(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • "100% commission requires effort(in 79 reviews)

• "Cold calls for day with a "proven script" that doesn't work(in 73 reviews)

"Changed my family's life."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Paducah, KY

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No one determines how much I'm worth or how much my time it worth. I earn what I put into the career. By far the most rewarding career I've ever been in and it keep getting better every year. The bonuses during the 1st year of the career are great while one get momentum, and the fact that bonuses are ongoing all year long, makes it even a better incentive to work hard.

Cons

Not sure if this is a "con". The fact that we are in commission only instead of salary or hourly pay makes it possible for us to get paid our full commissions! I've seen hourly wages in other companies, and it's a shame someone made $100 a day in hourly wages when they could have made hundreds more with the same effort and production if they were in commissions. If anyone is looking for a job where you can just milk...

Advice to Management

Continue to provide mentoring, resources and support to incoming and Senior agents. Without these, I wouldn't be here today. Good leaders are good listeners.

Bankers Life2019-01-19
  2. "Grow your Career"

Current Employee - Administrative in Edina, MN

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in other insurance companies before and the difference the training this particular office does for their agents is something I haven't seen before. Yes, it takes hard work, but the rewards is life changing for a person. It is truly a family office, and everyone really does want everyone to succeed.

Cons

If you can't be self motivated and aren't driven this would be a challenging career.

Bankers Life2019-08-15
  3. "It's on you!"

Current Employee - USM/Financial Advisor in Topeka, KS

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited income potential Can be a 6-figure opportunity within 2-3 years with hard work Opportunity for growth into management Training programs are incredibly thorough Continual office promotions Fun office culture

Cons

It is entirely up to you (if you succeed its cause of you - if you fail it's cause of you) Initial ramp up time of 4 - 6 weeks to start truly succeeding.

Advice to Management

Be highly directive with new agents the first 2-3 months.

Bankers Life2019-08-12
  4. "Great career opportunity that grows with you for self-motivated, hard working individuals."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing time to start a career in this field as the market place is constantly expanding as is the opportunities. Ability to set your own schedule so you can decide what events in life are important for you to attend. Unlimited income potential. If you want to make more all you have to do is work more. No need to ask for more hours/overtime approval. This is why I enjoy a career that is 100% commission based....

Cons

You must be self-motivated and hard working. You are becoming a small business owner as soon as you start. This would be the most frustrating career for those not able to control their time. Being able to set your schedule is a double-edged sword because if you choose not to work you don't get paid. Because agents are independent contractors they can't offer a group health insurance plan, but they do have a program...

Bankers Life2019-08-12
  5. "Great Company and Great people that are willing to help."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bankers Life

Pros

The training is the best in the Industry. Great opportunity to be your own boss.

Cons

If your not self disciplined, and a hard worker you will struggle.

Advice to Management

Keep the training coming..it’s critical to folks that are new to sales.

6. "Goal oriented Team"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great sales agent development approach: Banker's Life's training program offers new agents on hands training with senior agents and provides milestones to credit progress along the way.

Cons

Driving in Maryland is not safe (negative) but Agents that are on the road can do their part to drive responsibly (positive spin).

Advice to Management

Keep sharing your experiences and giving hope to new agents through your successes. It works!

Bankers Life2019-08-09
  7. "Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Northern, KY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bankers Life full-time

Pros

The ability to make uncapped commission.

Cons

Lack of structure, and training. There is no base pay. This is a swim or sink type situation. Unfortunately, most people sink.

Bankers Life2019-08-12

"Worked for me and my family."

Current Employee - Coordinator in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Bankers Life part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management, I have never had someone so dedicated to helping me, he has been amazing and wouldn't do this job without him. Team members keep me going and make me see the potential I have.

Cons

Some people might see the hours as a downside, I only see those as positive, harder, longer I work-uncapped earnings

Advice to Management

Thank you to Branch Manager for everything

Bankers Life2019-07-24

"Lots to consider"

Current Employee - Life Agent

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a great deal of training to help you succeed. The office culture is fun, energetic, and team oriented.

Cons

Lots of driving. Lots of $ out before lots of $ in. It take a great deal of time and effort to build your pipeline before you actually start making money.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest about the realities of starting in this business in the career briefings

Bankers Life2019-08-07
  10. "Retention too high"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at Bankers Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Independent sales agent for life & health policies

Cons

Commission low, purchased own leads.

Bankers Life2019-08-04