ConnectWise Reviews

Updated 4 May 2020

3.3
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
Pros
  • "Free lunch, mini gym downstairs, good co-workers for most part(in 54 reviews)

• "Great culture, fun work environment(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains from a process/operational perspective(in 16 reviews)

• "There are no cons in that company(in 8 reviews)

1. "Team SLM - Service Level Management"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mumbai

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

* SLM is the team from which i learnt alot. *Manager and TL's from SLM gives opportunity to freshers and train them as well for the best output. * Team handles multiple process with ease and also train their techs for the same. * People from team get leaves whenever it is required and very friendly ambience while working. Best work culture * Celebrates every festivals together. * Also get support to show our talent in extra curricular activities. * Transparency between team is the best thing about SLM. *Techs also get opportunity to grow ahead by showing their work skills in short period of time. * This is my first ever job after my Graduation and SLM gave me alot of knowledge which helped me to achieve my goals. * Best Team to work with. And with the best management🤗

Cons

Their is nothing to change as of now... Just need to maintain the consistency of the work culture the way it is till now. Best Team to work with🤗

ConnectWise2020-05-04
  2. "Great company"

4.0

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Great colleagues and people around you to work with

Cons

Wish the pay better

ConnectWise2020-04-27
  3. "Alright, but stop gap pay"

4.0
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and good down time

Cons

unless you are sales, pay is below market

ConnectWise2020-04-21

"Not What It Used to Be"

Former Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great place to kick your career off out of college, laid back atmosphere - Low accountability. If you want a place you can just breeze by, this is it. - awesome colleagues - free snacks, lots of alcohol, other good perks

Cons

- they just got rid of the daily lunch stipend and currently are not matching 401k - low salaries - leadership is stagnant, no changes/innovation - company cares less about its people since Thoma Bravo acquisition, money is the most important thing now

ConnectWise2020-04-10

April 23, 2020

I couldn't agree more about 1:1s. They are more critical now than ever. Our CEO actually addressed the company about this in this week's all-company address. We're also launching two separate trainings this week on manager communication and colleague development. Having to pause 401k match and eliminate the lunch stipend was a really tough decision. It was made to ensure the financial well-being of the company (but doesn't make the loss that much easier to swallow- I get it). Once we get through this economic downturn (and we will!), our company will bounce back and we can look at offering great benefits to our people.

"Connectwise is a sinking ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

None that I’ve seen, especially now that they’ve taken away the 401k match and lunch stipend.

Cons

This is one of the most mismanaged companies I’ve ever worked at in my career. Everyone from the top down is disorganized, some are flat out incompetent and they don’t really care about you as an individual to any degree. Jason Magee is one of the worst spoken people in the industry. Not engaging at all. New hire Clint Maddox has completely ruined an otherwise good sales organization. He implemented a ton of completely unrealistic goals and he’s promised to fill our pipeline to 3x and we can barely find anyone to sell too. He’s not approachable at all. Walks around like a robot. Over 20 sales people have already left this year with likely many more to come. Tons of empty promises and lost wages for people who have traditionally been successful. If you’re one of their “chosen few” you get all the leads from the BDRs and a hand picked territory and account list. The rest have no one to sell to. Marketing insists there are tons of leads that are lost. Company acquired Continuum likely to absorb the competition and SOC and Help Desk. Otherwise no one at Connectwise cares about Continuum employees or products from what I’ve seen. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here. They will suck the life out of you and mentally wear you down to the point of poor health. You can’t ever believe anything they say and they truly don’t care about you.

ConnectWise2020-04-21

April 23, 2020

As the chief talent officer, I want to start this response with a giant THANK YOU to our sales team. I've never met such a dedicated group, committed to getting our amazing products into the hands of the IT Nation. It is truly inspiring. This team has experienced a lot of change in the last few months. I know the CRO personally, and I can say with full confidence that he is committed to getting this right. It might not happen overnight, The people who are willing to weather this storm with us will reap the rewards. We'll be thoughtful in our approach, and getting it right will take some time. In the meantime, I am so very grateful for the incredible work our sales team is doing!

"What Was Good is Gone"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You’ll probably make good friends. A lot of people make lasting and long term friendships while they slave away. They’ve dismantled the rest of the perks.

Cons

The management of this company is only out for the money. The prior leadership team cared somewhat for the employees. This cannot be said for Jason Magee’s LT. Favoritism is the only currency that matters and if you dare suggest changes, you will be blacklisted. The Human Resources Team is incompetent and out only for themselves. They can and will talk about you after confidential conversations. Some of this is carry over from a past regime of HR but when you don’t remove the cancerous employees and instead promote them and their incompetence, the bad behaviors will continue. If you are sexually harassed (and trust me - with the amount of alcohol around - you will be), reporting it won’t matter. Cover ups occur frequently and again, the Human Resources (“Talent”) Team won’t do a thing about it. The lunch stipend and 401k matching from past reviews have gone away. There is no career pathing. Wages are low and stagnant. Stay away. This place is going downhill and will only get worse. The smart (and best and brightest) have or will soon jump ship. Know that a lot of 5 Star Reviews from the last year or so are seeded reviews. ConnectWise encourages people to post positive reviews, sometimes for gift cards.

ConnectWise2020-04-14

April 23, 2020

I am so sorry this was your experience here. I know that people are struggling under these current COVID conditions, and there is a lot of anxiety around the unknown. While we can't correct the past, I'm more encouraged than ever about our colleagues' and leaders' responses to our current situation. This company is poised for great success post COVID, and I look forward to getting there with our top performers!

"Chaos at its best - wish I could give zero starts"

1.0

I have been working at ConnectWise

Pros

Lasting friendships with colleagues and Partners

Cons

Zero communication from the top down. Front line managers given no directions. Product releases continue to break current functionality, yet we sell on non released functions. Sad, the product use to be an industry leader. Now we don’t even “eat our own dog food”. All that matters is Sales numbers and EBITA.

ConnectWise2020-04-12

April 23, 2020

This information is surprising to me, and shows that we have some work to do. In the communication survey sent last week, 92% of our colleagues replied that they "felt their managers were keeping them updated with relevant information". We're hosting weekly all-company calls with our CEO (COO and CTO) and have a continuous feedback tool available to our colleagues. Communication isn't the easiest thing to do perfectly, but we'll continue our efforts to connect with each and every colleague.

"The Worst Kind of Capitalism"

Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You develop strong, lasting friendships in the trenches.

Cons

Management wasn't truthful or reliable. Promises made were very rarely kept and they thrived on underpaying their staff for their work while overpaying bad senior leadership. They also nickle and dimed their own customers for work that should have been included in software purchases.

ConnectWise2020-04-03

"corporate chaos"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the future of the product will be very successful, I believe in what I am selling, amazing partners, cool HQ location, stocked kitchen, great co-workers with lengthy tenure, decent 401k match, Arnie giving a portion of the company to his employees gave some people major payouts when we were acquired, ability to move around internally laterally (for the most part), implemented an anonymous portal where we can give suggestions and share thoughts

Cons

incredibly low base pay- below industry standards "it's just not in the budget," limited room for career growth, if any... you really only get promoted when people leave. people are not fired for underperforming "because they've been there forever" which is why lower level with a lot of potential are never promoted - boys club mentality, promotions based on friendships and office relationships rather than qualifications (could name a dozen). HR is out of touch with what actually goes on

ConnectWise2020-02-29

"Never join this company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chandra Layout

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

U can chat on whats-app because they have no projects

Cons

NO projects . All dumbs are employed here and they will make ur life hell If u have noting left in ur life or u have no other options left then only join here Ur career will grow downwards and u will left it sector after wrking here.

ConnectWise2020-03-20