"When did you lose your virginity?"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Sydney

I worked at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to make really great connections and bonds with customers

Cons

They view staff as replaceable and disposable. They also asked if I was a virgin and when I lost it in my interview. Which is completely unprofessional and illegal. The company gives away lost of incentives but this is a smokescreen for how badly they treat their staff and to manipulate them into selling people overpriced poor quality products they do not need. There is basically no training provided however, they expect you to know EVERYTHING. They provide you with a pathetic "training booklet" that has no details or expectations or information about store products and operations. It is a checklist for someone else to go over with you who also doesn't know what they are talking about. I have had a number of uncomfortable experiences with male customers who come in for the sole purpose to hit on me and touch me, myself and other staff this has happened to have been told "Its part of the job". There are no cameras in store as the joke of a CEO doesn't want customers to feel uncomfortable by that yet doesn't care if her staff feels uncomfortable or is put in a dangerous situation. They also complain when there is theft however, due to not having cameras we have no proof once they have left the store or way of finding who they are.

Continue reading
  1. "Valuable sales experience"

5.0

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love getting to meet new people everyday and help with pairing them with exactly what their heart desires. My coworkers are so sweet and helpful

Cons

Wearing heels for multiple hours can really take its toll, also you can definitely get some strange clients, but that’s any retail job

2. "Honey Birdette USA"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Obsessive and In Store Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Honey Birdette full-time for more than a year

Pros

- always opportunities for growth, after about 3-4 months at HB I was offered learning opportunities to grow and become ASM, SM, and more as well as all more opportunities to work online, to curate events and work the events as well - supportive management team, when personal emergencies came up (as they do) I was met with understanding and offered to stay home or have my shift covered- at prior jobs I would be met with a "so what" attitude that I have not experienced at HB - transparency about upcoming projects and policies + why they're important, yes there's high targets but current US management does a great job as to why those targets are important and should be met - Really good pay for a starting wage compared to other jobs (well above minimum wage)

Cons

- Yes, wearing heels is a part of the uniform however, the height is your choice and if needed you can wear professional flats (injury, tired- first and last hour of shift etc, when running errands- trash, restroom, etc) - Small teams in store (1-3 Honey's on the floor at most, usually 2) - If you're not adaptable to a quick paced environment HB is not for you, there are high performance targets, full shifts (4, 6, 8 hours), operations and tasks to maintain whilst tending to clients. During rush hours it does become a lot to handle- it is a supportive environment but designed for quick learners and people who can multi-task well.

Discover more reviews about Honey Birdette.