Honey Birdette - When did you lose your virginity? | Glassdoor.com.au

"When did you lose your virginity?"

Former Employee - Manager in Sydney

I worked at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to make really great connections and bonds with customers

Cons

They view staff as replaceable and disposable. They also asked if I was a virgin and when I lost it in my interview. Which is completely unprofessional and illegal. The company gives away lost of incentives but this is a smokescreen for how badly they treat their staff and to manipulate them into selling people overpriced poor quality products they do not need. There is basically no training provided however,... they expect you to know EVERYTHING. They provide you with a pathetic "training booklet" that has no details or expectations or information about store products and operations. It is a checklist for someone else to go over with you who also doesn't know what they are talking about. I have had a number of uncomfortable experiences with male customers who come in for the sole purpose to hit on me and touch me, myself and other staff this has happened to have been told "Its part of the job". There are no cameras in store as the joke of a CEO doesn't want customers to feel uncomfortable by that yet doesn't care if her staff feels uncomfortable or is put in a dangerous situation. They also complain when there is theft however, due to not having cameras we have no proof once they have left the store or way of finding who they are.

Advice to Management

If you want your staff to make budget stop telling them to turn up the music and call their VIPs this means nothing if you say it 10000000 times. Actually look into the problem and give helpful advice instead of blowing smoke.

Honey Birdette2019-03-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Hard work but worth it"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Ringwood, Victoria

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Keeps you on your toes, every day is different - Incredibly rewarding work - Great support from higher management, calls from state manager every morning to check-in and see how you're doing - Constant opportunity to train and better yourself, - Great discount and incentive prizes to win each month, as well as vouchers for good work - Empowering group of women

Cons

- Working with all women tends to result in some level of drama or gossip no matter what the workplace. If you don't get involved, it doesn't affect you. Same as every other company I've worked for. -

Advice to Management

Please hire a team to run the warehouse! Too much confusion over stock availability

Honey Birdette2019-10-15
  2. "Glamorous and Sophisticated from the outside, stressful and nasty on the inside."

Former Employee - Boutique Manager in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Honey Birdette full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great incentives if you are really good at your job including international trips, Louboutins and money to spend on product in store ( - Some amazing work mates - Beautiful stores to work in - Getting dressed up for work every day (looking and feeling amazing)

Cons

- Getting dressed up for work every day (having to get up an hour early to put on a full face of makeup and wearing heels all shift). I wasn't able to feel the bottoms of my feet while working here and had to invest in a foot spa. You also have to constantly spend money as you're expected to show off current collections. Dress code is very strict down to what hair colour you have and what nail polish you wear - and... of course, ALWAYS with a red pout. - HORRID upper management including a CEO who verbally abuses staff and rather than support them when an incident happens in store (whether theft or an unfair and undeserved customer complaint) sends passive aggressive or even just outwardly aggressive emails. Pressure on Area/State Managers who then put pressure on Store Managers and staff to perform and staff are fired if they aren't performing with no attempts to help them improve - Western Australia had around 5 or 6 AMs within a year of the time that I worked there. - Massive pressure to meet personal sales targets (and store-based for managerial staff) - both of which are very unrealistic - which results in sales stealing and huge amounts of stress with girls constantly obsessing over numbers. Also resulted in customers saying they felt pressured to buy and refusing to shop in some stores or with certain girls. - Very little formal training and support from management and then abuse when you don't know what they expect you to know without having actually taught you. - A rotating door of staff because of the horrible culture and being sacked for meeting unrealistic targets. On the upside it means you can go from casual to store manager in weeks because everyone either quits or is fired. - A stupid amount of unpaid expected overtime - you are expected to be there 15 mins early to open the store (unpaid) and only get 10 mins after official close time to shut up shop, but if customers are in the store you cannot close the doors and they can stay as long as they want. I had customers keep me 2 hours after close time and bought nothing but I couldn't tell them to leave and you do not get paid for this. Regular staff meetings/training (which is mostly just state managers ranting about how you need to sell more because they are stressed out) most of which are not paid. 5 hour shifts with no toilet breaks. Often left in store alone for 4 hours and not allowed to close the doors if you need to pee. Mostly working alone unless you are in a flagship (usually the capital cities) store.

Advice to Management

-Stop treating your staff like they are disposable. -Ditch the mean girl upper management (which is tricky since the CEO is the worst of them all) and foster a supportive, nurturing work environment instead of a cut-throat, nasty one.

Honey Birdette2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about Honey Birdette.