"Don’t work here if you’re not sociopathic"

1.0
    Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Melbourne

I worked at Honey Birdette part-time for less than a year

Pros

The discounts. The uniform and mastering winged eyeliner.

Cons

Where do I even begin? You’re bullied in line, head office sets ridiculously high expectations on not only management, but the causals too. If a store is doing bad, it’s the employees fault, not the actual demographic of people in the area who don’t want to buy. The constant harassment from male customers and the attempted phone sex from men. Not to mention the pressure to wear stilettos and the strain they have on your feet. You’re forced to sell products to people that they don’t need just to hit your impossible daily targets. Girls steal sales and it’s incredibly catty and cutthroat. Upper management bully you and they provide no support. On call hours with little to no time to get ready and the constant worry of fearing your job is on the line.

Continue reading
  1. "Valuable sales experience"

5.0

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love getting to meet new people everyday and help with pairing them with exactly what their heart desires. My coworkers are so sweet and helpful

Cons

Wearing heels for multiple hours can really take its toll, also you can definitely get some strange clients, but that’s any retail job

2. "Honey Birdette USA"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Obsessive and In Store Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Honey Birdette full-time for more than a year

Pros

- always opportunities for growth, after about 3-4 months at HB I was offered learning opportunities to grow and become ASM, SM, and more as well as all more opportunities to work online, to curate events and work the events as well - supportive management team, when personal emergencies came up (as they do) I was met with understanding and offered to stay home or have my shift covered- at prior jobs I would be met with a "so what" attitude that I have not experienced at HB - transparency about upcoming projects and policies + why they're important, yes there's high targets but current US management does a great job as to why those targets are important and should be met - Really good pay for a starting wage compared to other jobs (well above minimum wage)

Cons

- Yes, wearing heels is a part of the uniform however, the height is your choice and if needed you can wear professional flats (injury, tired- first and last hour of shift etc, when running errands- trash, restroom, etc) - Small teams in store (1-3 Honey's on the floor at most, usually 2) - If you're not adaptable to a quick paced environment HB is not for you, there are high performance targets, full shifts (4, 6, 8 hours), operations and tasks to maintain whilst tending to clients. During rush hours it does become a lot to handle- it is a supportive environment but designed for quick learners and people who can multi-task well.

Discover more reviews about Honey Birdette.