"Daily Explotation"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Honey Birdette full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

40% discount on lingerie and 30% discount on poorly made vibrators

Cons

Company is run literally by teenagers and the culture certainly feels like that too. There are some very young girls in management positions who don't have the emotional intelligence to run a business, their under so much pressure to achieve ridiculous budgets and you're expected to invest YOUR OWN WAGES into the company to bring in more business. You're paid an average wage and expected to do public relations on the brand, the CEO sets her staff up as front line soldiers to defend her brand when she starts another 'controversial movement'. I've got one thing to say about that woman and its: She appropriates female sexuality for profit, she does not want to empower women she wants to exploit them. She does not like larger women and has fired employees because they don't look like her ideal woman. She is a dirty old man RUN AWAY OR GET OUT NOW

Continue reading
  1. "Valuable sales experience"

5.0

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love getting to meet new people everyday and help with pairing them with exactly what their heart desires. My coworkers are so sweet and helpful

Cons

Wearing heels for multiple hours can really take its toll, also you can definitely get some strange clients, but that’s any retail job

2. "Honey Birdette USA"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Obsessive and In Store Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Honey Birdette full-time for more than a year

Pros

- always opportunities for growth, after about 3-4 months at HB I was offered learning opportunities to grow and become ASM, SM, and more as well as all more opportunities to work online, to curate events and work the events as well - supportive management team, when personal emergencies came up (as they do) I was met with understanding and offered to stay home or have my shift covered- at prior jobs I would be met with a "so what" attitude that I have not experienced at HB - transparency about upcoming projects and policies + why they're important, yes there's high targets but current US management does a great job as to why those targets are important and should be met - Really good pay for a starting wage compared to other jobs (well above minimum wage)

Cons

- Yes, wearing heels is a part of the uniform however, the height is your choice and if needed you can wear professional flats (injury, tired- first and last hour of shift etc, when running errands- trash, restroom, etc) - Small teams in store (1-3 Honey's on the floor at most, usually 2) - If you're not adaptable to a quick paced environment HB is not for you, there are high performance targets, full shifts (4, 6, 8 hours), operations and tasks to maintain whilst tending to clients. During rush hours it does become a lot to handle- it is a supportive environment but designed for quick learners and people who can multi-task well.

Discover more reviews about Honey Birdette.