Fast Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Fast Enterprises Managing Partner Martin Rankin
Martin Rankin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Cares deeply about its people"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast, even at the 1000+ size it is, still cares deeply about each and every employee. Their benefits, even the way they help people move, the way they bring individuals AND their spouses/families into the culture, it super impressive and I love that about Fast. The work we do is serious in terms of being important work - our clients are generally very positive to work with and welcoming, so it is a pleasant place to be day-to-day. I don't think I would find another company where growth and actual personal improvement and opportunity is better - FAST really cares and wants both our clients and our employees to succeed. This doesn't mean that there aren't times where thing get tough for a time, or you have to solve a big problem that is new to you, but the resources are there to work through those things and keep on moving.

Cons

Any con I can think of is also a pro depending on how you look at it. Occasional relocation is also an opportunity to experience a new place and city. Occasional overtime is also an opportunity to make $.

Advice to Management

Employees love the partner interaction - everyone enjoys having a partner on their project or visiting their project. Keep that up!!

"Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO (US)

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits.
    Strong culture of being supportive, collaborating, and giving back to the community.
    Interesting work and opportunities to try different types of projects at different locations.

Cons

Mid to high amount of mandatory or non-mandatory-yet-expected overtime. Fine for young, single professionals, but demanding for those with families.
    Not introvert-friendly, most rewards for dedication geared around the opportunity to spend even more time at non-work company events.

3. "It doesn’t feel like work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, sky is the limit, and I’m treated like an individual that is an important piece of the whole.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

4. "FAST Company Culture"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Culture consists of fun like minded co workers

Cons

Don't know where you will work until a month or so before signing on

"Enjoy day to day work"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Always new challenges
    - New opportunities
    - Great pay
    - Paid benefits
    - No weekly required travel like many consulting companies
    - Flat organization
    - Regular activities outside of work
    - Great co-workers

Cons

- Some may view relocation as a con. However, Fast provides many services to make it easier, and this provides opportunities to see other parts of the US ( or international if there is interest)

"Low Individual Growth"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay - My offer was for $80,000 as an out-of-college Implementation Consultant.

Outstanding Benefits - The company pays for your monthly premiums and virtually all health care. They don't want you to have to worry about you or your family's health.

Competitive PTO - You accrue 10 vacation and 10 sick days each year, along with 10 government holidays.

Relocation - Also in the cons section. You get to see different parts of the country, and occasionally the world. FAST pays for the majority of your moving costs, though not all. Constant change makes it easier to not get totally bored of the job.

Cons

Flat Organization - Very little room for growth. No "ladder" to climb. Of the 1400+ employees, I would guess 1000 or so are Implementation Consultants.

Basic Technical Experience - As an Implementation Consultant, you basically use FAST's COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) software, and limited T-SQL and VB.NET. You are not developing software unless you work at HQ in Denver, and you are just configuring the pre-developed software to fit the needs of the specific government entity you are working at. If you want to get software development experience to grow to potentially move jobs in 2-5 years, this is probably not the job for you.

Relocation - Not a con to all, but only being at a site for 1-4 years before being required to move means most people don't buy homes, meaning they rent for the entirety of their career at FAST, and they don't get to live where they typically desire.

401k - While profit sharing exists, I would much rather see FAST drop profit sharing and add 401k matching. I would rather benefit greater from my contributions to my 401k than benefit less with profit sharing.

Fast Enterprises Response

14 Nov 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review, we hope you’ll take the time to process our policies and response below.

Regarding your comment on our “flat organization structure”. The implication that people with... More

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are great, co-workers are nice people.

Cons

Very constrained in tech learning, don't expect to learn much outside of VB.Net/T-SQL at best.

Advice to Management

Encourage and promote learning new technologies.

8. "Great Experience so far, really like it"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Very good pay out of college

Cons

They make you transfer every 2-3 years

"Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FAST truly cares for it's employees. The partners spend a lot of time getting to know each one of their employees and ensuring they are happy at their job. FAST also has a great working environment so you don't constantly feel like you are competing against other employees. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

There are times when you will be required to work overtime. However FAST makes that clear from the beginning and they also pay overtime which is nice. They definitely expect a lot from their employees, however they take great care of you.

"Implementation Consultant Review"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for FAST straight out of college has been an absolute treat. It doesn't really get better in terms of the people you work with, pay, benefits, etc. I've enjoyed my time here and can see myself staying for a few more years to really absorb everything there is to absorb.

There are so many good things to say about the company, many of which have been elaborated on in numerous reviews. Fast is a 5/5 company, but I feel obligated to be critical on the negatives just to bring them to the attention of management.

Some notable pros from my perspective are:

- Young tech culture
    - Work ethic is an actual thing, good/hard work is rewarded
    - On a large scale, the work you do is meaningful and applicable to every day life
    - Benefits are fantastic
    - Pay is fantastic
    - Travel opportunities abound, and in general, all moving-related expenses are covered

Cons

Some notable cons from my perspective (and these are by no means crippling cons) are:

- Many events involve a considerable amount of drinking. Shy away from this a little bit. I understand that people have the "option" to not drink, but that can feel awkward when drinking has such a strong presence at many of the events. It's not fun to be one of the only sober-ish people, especially at a work event.

- No 401k matching, but profit sharing instead. Stop doing this, please! I get that all employees benefit from this whether they choose to put money into retirement or not, but the amount of profit sharing is marginal and is nothing compared to a 3%, 4%, or 5% match. Reward those who actually want to contribute to retirement rather than stifle their progress.

- Lack of documentation. For the sake of your developers, trainers, and basically everyone on active implementations... Please improve your efforts to document materials and invest more time and energy into this. The payoff would be worth it as new employees would learn much faster. Of course, things are very fluid and dynamic, but that is no excuse to not have well-documented components and processes that are used all throughout company applications.

Advice to Management

- Start 401k matching and do away with the profit sharing. This is the biggest financial con of the company by miles and miles and it hurts all employees trying to contribute to their retirement.

- Start documenting your materials regularly, and update that documentation as processes change. It is an investment well worth the time and money.

- Have sites plan events that are slightly more inclusive to those who are not casual drinkers.