Grill'd Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Grill'd Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2019

2.6
Grill'd CEO Adam Stapleton (no image)
Adam Stapleton
Pros
  • "Get a free burger or meal under(in 38 reviews)

• "15 but only if you work 5 hours(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "no penalty rates are offered, sad because you often close till 12am)(in 46 reviews)

• "No penalty rates on public holidays (if you are closing the store,(in 40 reviews)

1. "A fun place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Grill'd part-time

Pros

Friendly staff, friendly customers and amazing food!

Cons

Pay wasn't great and sometimes other staff were lazy

Grill'd2019-09-18
  2. "Good vibes"

Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Grill'd part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people who are nice and friendly to work with

Cons

Pay is not very good

Grill'd2019-11-09
  3. "Team member <3"

Current Employee - Team Member in Brisbane

I have been working at Grill'd part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free food (after five hours) - 50% discount - Relaxed environment

Cons

When working in this job you are overworked and underpaid. I personally go to school. I am 17 in year 11 and I typically work 25 - 35 hour weeks. I am paid $11.50/per hour. When joining the company you are not offered but automatically signed up to a cert, that no one tells you about. It is a cert three in hospiltality. This means they are able to pay you less... Once i finish my training (that you basically get no... support through) i will be paid something around $16/per hour. One of my co-workers that is 23 has finished his cert and is paid $21.75/per hour. Hopefully that gives you a better idea of the pay. Pay isn't everything though!! The job is decently cruisey with a few complaints here and there, meaning yes you will get quite a few unhappy and sassy customers that you would love to just roundhouse kick in the face but it is important to compose yourself and get them what they want (bEcaUSE tHE CuSTOmeR iS AlLwAYs RIgHt!!). Tip for anyone that works there currently, cook zuchinni chips for longer (customers will enjoy them more when the outside is properly cruchie) & well when it comes to sweet potato there's no saving them ahahah. Anyway sorry for ranting.

Grill'd2019-11-06
  4. "Tough"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Canberra

I have been working at Grill'd part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great People, freedom to work towards restaurant goals

Cons

Support office is not supporting. Disconnect between Melbourne office.

Grill'd2019-11-05
  5. "Great for a first job"

Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Grill'd part-time for more than a year

Pros

good atmosphere and people to work with. you become really close with your work mates

Cons

the income is not great because you're considered a trainee until you've finished your certificate

Advice to Management

ensuring that all staff get trained the same

Grill'd2019-11-05
  6. "Good people"

Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Grill'd part-time

Pros

You make great friends who you bond with, training support, lets you get your RSA and cert 3

Cons

management can be a bit out of touch sometimes, pay can be a bit low if you are still an apprentice.

Grill'd2019-10-23
  7. "Wouldn’t recommend"

Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Grill'd full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good growth within your management skills, always something new to learn.

Cons

No communication, pay was not worth it for the amount of stress and work you put into the job.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your management team and general staff more. Start looking after your people and pay them what they deserve.

Grill'd2019-11-04
  8. "hard work with few benefits"

Current Employee - Team Member in Brisbane

I have been working at Grill'd part-time for more than a year

Pros

Large team, can get shift covers relatively easily Flexible hours, able to roster off certain days easily Variety of different things to do at work, not bored

Cons

THE WORK IS SO HARD it's so physically exhausting especially closes. You have to be constantly working which I understand is normal but you often can't rest for even a minute. You have to pick up the slack when you become good at your job because the managers will rely on you to do the work of what should be 2-3 people. For some reason Grill'd attracts the most toxic people and there is constantly... gossip/drama NO PENALTY RATES EVER THE PAY IS EXTREMELY LOW The managers take their job SO seriously and it's excessive, they expect you to put Grill'd ahead of everything else and are not understanding when you have study commitments/other things going on They are very reluctant to even give you the minimum breaks that you are entitled to, and often don't even mention that you're allowed a ten minute break on shifts that are over 4 hours, plus that you're allowed two breaks on long shifts (I've never received more than one break) Many of the male managers have been accused of sexual misconduct, I'm not sure if this is just gossip or if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised if it were real so just be careful Constantly understaffed, and if even one person calls in sick it makes the shift horrible and you have to pick up the slack

Advice to Management

Understand that the work is tough and that people have lives outside of Grill'd. Also don't treat your employees like they don't matter because that's when they'll stop caring. Also pay us more and give us proper breaks, we deserve it.

Grill'd2019-11-03
  9. "alright"

Former Employee - Team Member in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Grill'd part-time for less than a year

Pros

GREAT people, great environment. I could look forward to talking to my coworkers. Great vibe. Management seemed to care about their workers- they had a system of "you done good" cards that we could give coworkers or our managers could give to us that were a pretty good motivator. They encouraged us to have a healthy working environment. My manager was pretty great, and the area manager knew me by name. Good first... time job for a few months to get experience.

Cons

It isn't an easy job, i'd get home at 1:30am many nights completely filthy from washing dishes. Horrible pay. I would work late and not be sure if I was paid overtime. No public holiday / sunday etc pay. (No penalty rates) Some gross conditions, inside the store was pretty ok but there was rats when I took the bins out. Constant revolving door of team members, it isn't really a long term job. I was supposed to... get an RSA, took the course but never received it.

Advice to Management

Give people minimum wage at the very least.

Grill'd2019-10-17
  10. "Flexible but intense"

Former Employee - Team Member in Biggera Waters
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Grill'd part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours are super flexible, you work with them to get eat your certificate III in hospitality for free, you have the chance to grow and work your way up the company.

Cons

Super stressful environment most shifts. The team leaders were often rude and many started relations with other co workers, most dramatic place I’ve ever worked, left due to the stress being overwhelming.

Advice to Management

The team leaders need to learn to be more understanding and to just calm down a bit. They’re meant to be the ones making sure everything is running smoothly, when more often than not they’re the reason everyone is panicked and stressed. They’ll yell at you in front of a full house of customers without a second thought, they just cared about their own inconveniences.

Grill'd2019-09-30