Intuit Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2,317 Ratings

3,713 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance could take a toll due to the global operations nature" (in 139 reviews)

• "Maybe even get rid of a couple layers of middle-management" (in 96 reviews)

1. "BDM"

Current Employee - BDM in Sydney
    Current Employee - BDM in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People! Everyone works together to ensure we have a great place to work and do the best work of our lives! I have now been with Intuit 5 years and can not imagine working for another company.

Cons

I honesty can not think of any.

Advice to Management

We need to move faster in the AUstralian market as we are the highest adopter of cloud and need to ensure we solve for firms and businesses

"A sinking ship"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sydney
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sydney

I worked at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office is beautiful- stunning views! Great social events inhouse and offsite.

Cons

Targets ramp aggressively over the year, which makes it nearly impossible to hit commission targets- this also means you'll see team members perpetually stressed that they're not hitting quotas. Staff churn is excessive. Sales team vibe is very depressing and has bred poor sales behaviours in a desperate attempt to achieve number at any cost. Unfortunetly their is a disconnect between corporate values and how staff actually carry on.

Advice to Management

Improve staff onboarding and training, nearly none of the sales staff understand your product, sales enablement and coaching is some of the weakest I've come across. Be more realistic about targeted growth and how that impacts the commission payouts

3. "Appears great but then you look a little deeper....."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The teams I work in are amazing. They live and breathe the intuit values. Easy to collaborate with and very focused on what our deliverables are

Cons

Local leadership is directionless. There is no strategy, the staff are kept in a constant state of anxiety because no one knows what is going on. There is an extremely high level of staff turnover for such a small site and this is solely due to poor management, particularly at the top level. It would appear that no one at the top at this site really knows what they are doing, the wrong behaviours and incompetent people are constantly rewarded

Advice to Management

Learn and understand how to develop and implement true core strategy,
    Learn to take the people along the journey with you
    Stop the ridiculous belief that anyone on the leadership team is actually contributing anything more than others
    Stop rewarding the wrong people and behaviours, you lose the best workers with the most depth and knowledge that way and are left with the crap that floats on the top. You will never get traction in such a competitive market if you don’t change

4. "Fun, caring, generous company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Cutting edge technology. Fun lively atmosphere.

Cons

Quickbooks is an accountancy program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Great company with a great culture"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit has a great culture here in Sydney - the people are great and all care about the companies direction
    You have the flexibility of being the CEO of your own desk - can work and operate according to your own best judgement (as long as you are getting the job done)
    Great perks come with working for a large company with a global presence - you are well looked after both on a daily basis and with the extras benefits included in your salary package

Cons

Because the company is young in Australia, the operational efficiencies still leave something to be desired

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Exciting times with the Aussie cloud-accounting challenger"

Current Employee - Design Researcher in Sydney
    Current Employee - Design Researcher in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Exciting period of growth following Intuit's entry into the AU market only a few years ago.

* Startup style culture at Intuit Australia offering the agility to "get things done" but with the backing of a global multi-billion dollar company.

* People actually live true to the company values, guiding decisions everyday - not just lip-service.

*Very customer-centred organisation. I've never been at an organisation where employees at all levels and all functions meet with and listen to their customers on a regular basis - leading to actual action.

* Likewise, management listen to teams, and the smaller scale allows for less distance between teams and senior leaders.

* Competitive salary (from experience, beyond typical benchmarks and on-par with major banks) + bonuses and other incentives.

* Excellent staff benefits, including: health insurance allowance, annual gym/fitness reimbursement, 4x days annual volunteer leave and a very generous personal L&D budget.

* Work-life balance is encouraged and supported with the right (and reliable) tech to allow it (seamless VPN, video conferencing, cloud office software and the culture to match).

* Organisation in Aus. is small enough to allow great collaboration between teams/departments - less silos than the big organisations I've worked with in the past. Collaboration between teams can be as simple as a chat in the kitchen.

Cons

* QuickBooks is the challenger in the Australian cloud-accounting market which can can be both exciting and at times disheartening - we are fighting an uphill battle. Having said that, we're getting results and there's a clear plan to win.

* Although collaboration across functions/teams is not an issue, sometimes collaboration across geos can be a challenge. For example, thinking in the US is sometimes that localising the product, brand and messaging for the Australian customer is the "last mile" but over the past few months have already seen this sentiment shift toward it being "first few kilometres". A good outcome for Aussie employees and our customers.

7. "Awesome values, culture and great place to work"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and culture makes Intuit such a great place to work, however we also make a product, Quickbooks Online, which is designed to add real financial value to lives of small businesses and self employed.

I've never worked somewhere where the customer comes first, as much as i have here, and everyone is out to make a difference.

It's fun, collaborative and everyone is made to feel extremely welcome.

Cons

Working across multiple time zones can be a challenge but that comes with the territory of working for a MNC

8. "Intuit Has a Fantastic Reward System"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Labs in Sydney
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Labs in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and a highly engaged environment

Cons

I am happy here so no cons that I think of at the moment

Advice to Management

The Intuit reward system is very consistent, fun and collaborative. In my opinion it makes Intuit gets the most out of it's workforce as it makes staff more enthusiastic, highly engaged and it really makes a difference in helping and motivating staff to be in control of their own development and strive for improvement. Personally, the way Intuit expresses it's recognition to it's employees, makes me feel that it confirms that our work is highly valued. It also increases morale in the workplace and more positive attitude towards the company's mission and vision.

9. "Great Culture and Values"

Current Employee - Business Development in Sydney
    Current Employee - Business Development in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture and values that stem from the US and our leaders is awesome. Great Communication Channels: Constantly brought up to speed with what is going on both globally and within the Australian company

Cons

A lack of strategic direction from sales management

10. "Sales Productivity Analyst"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

we have the best people on the planet here! love the positive energy from the people i meet when i come to work everyday.

Cons

i really have nothing bad to say about intuit. best decision of my life

Showing 3,713 of 4,121 reviews