Intuit Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Brad Smith
2,398 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance could take a toll due to the global operations nature" (in 142 reviews)

• "There is a LOT of middle management and politics" (in 99 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Senior Data Scientist"

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Incredible company that has market dominance, yet also has so much room to grow. Management constantly preaches disruption, and its reflected in our priorities and work.

As a Data Scientist, its awesome to be using the latest and greatest technology stacks. Its also cool to have industry thought leaders as part of the data science senior leadership team, I feel assured that we are doing things the "right way".

Cons

Its a big company, and the work is complex, which means that there are many dependencies to your work.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for speed, we can't afford to be slow in execution.

2. "Fast paced, collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with very smart people who empower you and allow you to do the best work of your life. I love the team, culture - yes there are times when it's very high pressured but you know you will be supported and looked after.
    The office is beautiful and we have great benefits.
    We are the challenger in the market but have big dreams and visions and with the team we have we can definitely get there. No day is the same and I find this super exciting. I also love that we are genuinely helping small businesses, we care about our customers just as much as our employees which I think is brilliant.

Cons

There can sometimes be early or late calls with other Global teams however you are very much encouraged to then get this time 'back', there is no clock watching and you're treated like an adult.

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Energetic company with great people and midsets

Cons

International company so prioritising work for AU base can be difficult at times.

4. "Great company - good values"

I worked at Intuit full-time

Pros

Great company culture - great people. The work is interesting.

Cons

A lot of the team memebers are remote, so it can take some effort to get all teams together at times.

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked at Intuit for a number of years. Have been through many changes since being in the company, which is very admirable because Intuit is able to adapt and evolve to change very quickly. Intuit has great benefits if you're a fulltime employee. The office is also amazing with stunning views, which makes you want to wake up everyday to come in and do your work.

Cons

Sales org looks great from the surface until you become more exposed to the role. Intuits Sales division has entirely become toxic led by substandard sales leaders and middle management with no sales management experience. Atmosphere and vibe within the sales org is non existent, with some sales agents working with little to no integrity and getting away with it. Your voice is hard to be heard as things can very often get swept under the carpet, with management turning things around making you look like the culprit very easily by saying 'perception is a big thing at Intuit'. Intuit's core values are very often reciprocated, but not followed by leadership in the sales organisation. CRM data is also inaccurate as all agents are given full reign to change and update customer data as they please, creating many loop holes to skew data. Chance of personal development or growth is very unlikely unless you are a 'favourite' among the leaders, and they believe you can be manipulated.

"A sinking ship"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sydney
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sydney

I worked at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office is beautiful- stunning views! Great social events inhouse and offsite.

Cons

Targets ramp aggressively over the year, which makes it nearly impossible to hit commission targets- this also means you'll see team members perpetually stressed that they're not hitting quotas. Staff churn is excessive. Sales team vibe is very depressing and has bred poor sales behaviours in a desperate attempt to achieve number at any cost. Unfortunetly their is a disconnect between corporate values and how staff actually carry on.

Advice to Management

Improve staff onboarding and training, nearly none of the sales staff understand your product, sales enablement and coaching is some of the weakest I've come across. Be more realistic about targeted growth and how that impacts the commission payouts

7. "Appears great but then you look a little deeper....."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The teams I work in are amazing. They live and breathe the intuit values. Easy to collaborate with and very focused on what our deliverables are

Cons

Local leadership is directionless. There is no strategy, the staff are kept in a constant state of anxiety because no one knows what is going on. There is an extremely high level of staff turnover for such a small site and this is solely due to poor management, particularly at the top level. It would appear that no one at the top at this site really knows what they are doing, the wrong behaviours and incompetent people are constantly rewarded

Advice to Management

Learn and understand how to develop and implement true core strategy,
    Learn to take the people along the journey with you
    Stop the ridiculous belief that anyone on the leadership team is actually contributing anything more than others
    Stop rewarding the wrong people and behaviours, you lose the best workers with the most depth and knowledge that way and are left with the crap that floats on the top. You will never get traction in such a competitive market if you don’t change

8. "BDM"

Current Employee - BDM in Sydney
    Current Employee - BDM in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People! Everyone works together to ensure we have a great place to work and do the best work of our lives! I have now been with Intuit 5 years and can not imagine working for another company.

Cons

I honesty can not think of any.

Advice to Management

We need to move faster in the AUstralian market as we are the highest adopter of cloud and need to ensure we solve for firms and businesses

9. "Fun, caring, generous company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Cutting edge technology. Fun lively atmosphere.

Cons

Quickbooks is an accountancy program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Great company with a great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit has a great culture here in Sydney - the people are great and all care about the companies direction
    You have the flexibility of being the CEO of your own desk - can work and operate according to your own best judgement (as long as you are getting the job done)
    Great perks come with working for a large company with a global presence - you are well looked after both on a daily basis and with the extras benefits included in your salary package

Cons

Because the company is young in Australia, the operational efficiencies still leave something to be desired

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!