Medpace Reviews

Updated 13 Jul 2020

2.7
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle
Pros
  • "Free lunch (it’s a salad everyday, but it’s free, if you don’t want it then don’t eat it, delicious(in 94 reviews)

• "The training program for CRAs is intense(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of flexibility to work from home (though surely COVID-19 has proved this can be achieved(in 26 reviews)

• "poor upper management leadership(in 24 reviews)

1. "Good entry level company"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. High quality work. Decent workload. Interesting studies. In-house training.

Cons

No flexibility. No ability to work from home. No benefits. Only provide the minimum legal requirements.

December 4, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your input. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time while working for Medpace. While we do not currently offer the ability to work 100% remotely, we believe our open office space promotes a collaborative environment to ensure our employees and sponsors feel heard and valued. By allowing our employees to utilize the “flex time” benefit, we still give them the ability to have a flexible schedule that encourages a well-balanced work/home life. We do offer complete benefits for all full-time employees within the organization. If any employee has questions or has difficulty understanding their benefits, we highly recommend reaching out to a member of our Benefits team to review in more detail. Thank you for your time serving the organization.

2. COVID-19

"When will you allow homebased staff?"

1.0

I worked at Medpace

Pros

Overall the staff are friendly but this is not uncommon for the industry.

Cons

Normally no allowance to work from home which makes work life balance challenging. I’m glad I’m out and have moved to a homebased position elsewhere but still have friends at Medpace. They are currently allowing staff to wfh due to the pandemic. It shouldn’t have to take a global pandemic for senior management to be shown that the staff are capable of actually working at their homes. They use the line of “collaboration” to justify their office based model but in reality, they just don’t trust their staff. It’s difficult to recruit and retain staff with such a tough stance on wfh- especially when industry standards allow for flexibility. How can the company not allow flexible working arrangements when staff work across global time zones? This issue has been raised with HR many times but their hands are tied by senior management’s unreasonable position.

May 11, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to ensure Medpace is a productive and friendly work environment, where all of our employees feel valued and encouraged. We are sorry to hear your stance on the collaborative, office model we have. We recognize that our model is a bit different than the culture today. We believe our office-based model promotes a collaborative environment to ensure our employees and sponsors feel heard and valued. We have seen great success from this. We recognize this might not be the best fit for everyone, and we are okay with that. With the current COVID-19 situation, we are allowing remote work to ensure the safety of our employees. We recognize that flexibility is needed, which is why we do offer “flex-time” as mentioned. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the flexibility and office environment, and wish you well in your new position.

3. "Good CRO to work at."

Current Employee - CRA I Experienced in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive. Reasonable travel. Entry level CRA training.

Cons

The Salary could be higher.

February 25, 2019Human Resources

We are happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience with our PACE (Professionals Achieving CRA Excellence) program for new CRAs, as well as the tools/resources we provide our new employees. We regularly review our compensation and benefits to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. Should you have any specific concerns, we encourage you to please reach out to your HR representative to discuss.

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Working with a lot of great people

Cons

It can be slow at times.

July 6, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with Medpace. We wish you luck in your future endeavors!

5. "N/A"

Current Employee - CONTRACT CLINICAL TRIAL MANAGER in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, lot's of work

Cons

Work/Life balance, lot's of travel

"Not recommended"

2.0
    Former Employee - Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Was able to learn some new skills that could have been useful in my position. Free salad bar and daily food truck options (not free). There is work/life balance for hourly employee because you can't work over 40 hours per week.

Cons

Hourly positions seem to be considered as "lower class" - WFH decisions were made based on hourly or salary pay, regardless of health or ability to do the job from home - or trust us to make an informed decision based on our duties. Layoffs were handled in an unprofessional way. Call was made to me with access being cut off at the end of the call, not allowing me time to communicate with my department on where things stand. I have never heard from my manager but was told by a coworker that we were told of our elimination before our manager, which created a lot of work for the rest of the department to pick up without the ability of us to train them on anything.

July 6, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear your thoughts on the organization, but assure you that we value our employees and the great success they bring to Medpace. In this uncertain time of COVID-19, Medpace, like a lot of businesses, has had to make some very difficult decisions. Although we had maintained our full workforce with full pay for the initial weeks of Ohio’s lockdown order, despite the fact that many of our positions cannot be performed if our campus is not open, unfortunately this is not a sustainable long-term option. It was a very difficult decision to release some of our on-campus staff, and we hope that the severance packages offered to them will help in part to sustain during a difficult economic time for everyone. We certainly understand the frustration and anxiety everyone has felt in this difficult time and we are confident that by working together we will get through this. We are starting to operate “business as usual” and are confident we will be able to continue our growth as the year continues. We wish you well in your future career.

"Degree Obsessed"

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free lunch, cool campus, summer parties

Cons

The parking situation is rough, you need a degree to move up even if you have a ton of experience

June 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear you have enjoyed the onsite perks Medpace offers at our Cincinnati campus! We enjoy throwing celebrations for our employees and providing them with lunch every day. In addition, you are correct in the fact that we highly value education at the organization. We have seen great success from this, but are very aware that we have high standards. We are comfortable with having high standards as it contributes to the success and growth of the organization. Thank you for your feedback.

"Great team in Spain"

2.0
    Former Employee - Junior CRA

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Managers in the Spanish office. 30 of holidays. Health and life insurance.

Cons

Very low salary. Huge workload.

9. "Young, exciting, place to work"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch, ambitious work environment, modern medicine, business and healthcare

Cons

Rude doctors, lots of seniority status

June 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with the organization. We strive to provide an environment that appeals to all employees and allows every individual to feel valued and heard. We take pride in the perks we provide on our campus, our training and development programs, and the tools/resources we provide our employees. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate the review.

10. "Just Okay"

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Free salad, that's a plus

Cons

Not a bad place to start off, training could use a boost

June 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Medpace and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Found 403 reviews