Medpace Reviews

Updated 13 Sep 2020

2.6
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle
Pros
  • "Free lunch (it’s a salad everyday, but it’s free, if you don’t want it then don’t eat it, delicious(in 97 reviews)

• "The training program for CRAs is intense(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "poor upper management leadership(in 29 reviews)

• "Lack of flexibility to work from home (though surely COVID-19 has proved this can be achieved(in 26 reviews)

1. "Good entry level company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. High quality work. Decent workload. Interesting studies. In-house training.

Cons

No flexibility. No ability to work from home. No benefits. Only provide the minimum legal requirements.

Human Resources

Thank you for your input. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time while working for Medpace. While we do not currently offer the ability to work 100% remotely, we believe our open office space promotes a collaborative environment to ensure our employees and sponsors feel heard and valued. By allowing our employees to utilize the “flex time” benefit, we still give them the ability to have a flexible schedule that encourages a well-balanced work/home life. We do offer complete benefits for all full-time employees within the organization. If any employee has questions or has difficulty understanding their benefits, we highly recommend reaching out to a member of our Benefits team to review in more detail. Thank you for your time serving the organization.

2. COVID-19

"When will you allow homebased staff?"

1.0

I worked at Medpace

Pros

Overall the staff are friendly but this is not uncommon for the industry.

Cons

Normally no allowance to work from home which makes work life balance challenging. I’m glad I’m out and have moved to a homebased position elsewhere but still have friends at Medpace. They are currently allowing staff to wfh due to the pandemic. It shouldn’t have to take a global pandemic for senior management to be shown that the staff are capable of actually working at their homes. They use the line of “collaboration” to justify their office based model but in reality, they just don’t trust their staff. It’s difficult to recruit and retain staff with such a tough stance on wfh- especially when industry standards allow for flexibility. How can the company not allow flexible working arrangements when staff work across global time zones? This issue has been raised with HR many times but their hands are tied by senior management’s unreasonable position.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to ensure Medpace is a productive and friendly work environment, where all of our employees feel valued and encouraged. We are sorry to hear your stance on the collaborative, office model we have. We recognize that our model is a bit different than the culture today. We believe our office-based model promotes a collaborative environment to ensure our employees and sponsors feel heard and valued. We have seen great success from this. We recognize this might not be the best fit for everyone, and we are okay with that. With the current COVID-19 situation, we are allowing remote work to ensure the safety of our employees. We recognize that flexibility is needed, which is why we do offer “flex-time” as mentioned. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the flexibility and office environment, and wish you well in your new position.

3. "Good CRO to work at."

4.0
    Current Employee - CRA I Experienced in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive. Reasonable travel. Entry level CRA training.

Cons

The Salary could be higher.

Human Resources

We are happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience with our PACE (Professionals Achieving CRA Excellence) program for new CRAs, as well as the tools/resources we provide our new employees. We regularly review our compensation and benefits to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. Should you have any specific concerns, we encourage you to please reach out to your HR representative to discuss.

"Cheap."

Former Employee - Meeting and Event Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch and drinks (non alcoholic of course), nice workout facility, and fun activities for employees.

Cons

For being such a big company with so much success and growth they do not show this with their pay. Not even a cost of living raise and no bonuses if you haven't been there over a year.

5. COVID-19

"Get Trained, Get Out"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel Benefits. Truly good, you get competitive per diem and reimbursement for things like lounge access and travel suitcase. Also, for me personally, I enjoyed the non-regional travel.

Cons

Everything Else. Let me tell you that all the negative reviews here are definitely true. The company justifies these negative elements by saying that "they are proud of their high standards". However, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt, likely for the investors. On the inside, they heavily sensor "this high standard" by things like not allowing you to mention how many studies you work on to anyone and twist the truth about your work to favor sponsor outlook. They assign you to twice the amount of sites for half the pay, and then fire you for someone else's incompetence or for a minuscule issue. Yes, standards are important, but this is done primarily in order to maintain a cheap labor force that they have no shortage of because of their "amazing" training program which take 6 months but can be done in two and justifies paying less. The company is great at covering their a** on paper, but in the background you hear stories like forcing workers to travel during COVID, not reporting in-office COVID cases, and punishing workers for taking a leave of absence for medical reasons. They will probably find a way to justify or deny all these, but the fact of the matter is that everyone is constantly afraid of losing their job, stressed about the large amount of work, and definitely looking for better opportunities that you don't have to go far to find. Get in, and get out- they will most likely fire you anyway...

6. COVID-19

"Whoa, Nellie!"

Former Employee - Regulatory

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Location (central Cincinnati), parking (plentiful, free), office space (modern, secure, clean), gym, variety of free drinks, food trucks, events, relaxed dress code, great opportunity to gain new skills and experience.

Cons

Workforce: not balanced in my opinion. To reduce expenses, Medpace hires a lot of people right out of school. Many of these folks are genius smart which is a good thing but are often lacking in soft skills (social, communication, etc.) Medpace could use a more diverse, experienced, seasoned workforce or, at least, professional development training for new hires. Communication: seriously lacking both within departments and between departments. I'm talking about interpersonal communication not quarterly meetings, email announcements, etc. Layoffs: Medpace let many staff go during COVID-19 when other options were available. Other: lack of training, high turnover rate. Overall, I think Medpace has grown too big, too fast especially since it went public in 2016. Upper management is struggling to keep up with all that goes with hiring hundreds of new people every year. Hopefully things will settle eventually.

"Underpaid, Overworked"

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

Freedom in my job, lots of vacation days and sick time

Cons

Terrible company culture, severely underpaid, short-sighted upper management

8. COVID-19

"Doesn't care about you"

Former Employee - Programmer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salad Bar and food trucks everyday, Good people work here

Cons

Not much room for growth, looks at you as a number, bad base pay and benefits, will quickly move on from you if saving a dollar is possible

Continue reading
  9. "Great Company to Work For"

5.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for a big company is great. We got free lunch, company incentives, and a flexible schedule

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment!

10. "Good"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

Great people, made a good friends!

Cons

low pay too bad unfortunate

Found 427 reviews