Quantcast Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.6
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Plenty of free food for lunch and dinner and snacks when you need them (in 24 reviews)

• Smart people willing to help you tackle large problems (in 27 reviews)

1. "Company on the up"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Aggressive growth plans
    Best in market product
    Well resourced
    Compelling bonus and benefits package

Cons

MD can sometimes be a bit unreasonable with expectations around work levels.
    People don't get much of a second chance to save themselves if they're under performing

Advice to Management

In ANZ, trust your staff more to get the job done. Be clear on expectations and timelines

Quantcast Response

20 Feb 2018 – People & Places

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take pride in the work we’re doing to help brands grow and are continually inspired by the positive responses we receive around it. Thank you... More

2. "Quantcast is killing it"

Pros

- Awesome Culture
    - Awesome technology
    - Bright future
    - Supporting structure
    - Free Health insurance!

I recently applied for an internal role change and the company was amazing at backing me in the new role.

Cons

Nothing much to say in regards to Cons.

I have never worked at a company like this before and it is very hard to fault it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is a growing company that has managed to maintain a small company vibe. dont lose it.

3. "Sales manager"

Current Employee - Agency Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Agency Sales Manager

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- best product in market
    - confidence in senior management
    - great growth opportunities
    - putting clients first
    - chance to work with and learn from incredibly smart and talented people

Cons

- clunky systems
    - improve global collaborations

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Support Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Support Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Quantcast for nearly 6 years, and have had a lot of great experiences here. I've moved up through the org over the years, and always felt like i had the leverage to make a real difference throughout the company.

Great vacation plan especially for employees who have spent 4+ years here, they get 5 weeks a year, employees here 2+ years get 4 weeks, and starting is 3 weeks. also get 9 sick days and 10 public holidays in the US.

Great training, and ongoing development for managers.

Top notch people, hire really great, passionate, kind, talented people for the most part . everyone i've stayed in touch with that has left always cite this as something they wish their new company has.

Cons

Career pathing needs clarification especially for mid level employees (IC's and Managers) who have been around for 3+ years and worked their way up through the company to that level.

lack of 401k matching, the company offers stock options but that's not liquid nor guaranteed money (though we all hope it is worth something, someday). for the 5 years I've been here that's been one of the largest asks from employees in terms of benefits.

Advice to Management

Try to find ways to empower your team as much as possible. There is a ton of great talent here, but enabling paths for them to make a difference and continue to progress in their careers is essential if you want to keep them here for more than a couple of years for the most part.

6. "Great Dublin tech company"

Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Quantcast for a number of years now and have had a great time working at the company. Having come from much larger organisations, it's been great to see the company grow over this time. Given where the company is at in terms of it's long term strategy and potential IPO, there's obviously challenges along the way but in my experience, that comes with every company no matter the size.
    Pros:
    Culture - the Dublin culture is 2nd to none and has often been called out by the company as a model to follow. Everyday I get to work with extremely smart, ambitious people who are all pushing for the same goal - no politics here which is great
    Product - for any working in advertising, digital or otherwise, you'll get the chance to work on a solution that really does provide value to our customers and compete with the likes of Facebook & Google.
    Development - I've had the chance to personally develop both from a skills and career perspective here, and also see others on various teams progress into more senior roles, with some moving into management. I genuinely believe that the things you'll learn here are difficult to come by elsewhere and will stand to anyones long term career.
    Benefits - all the standard benefits or working with a Dublin tech company are here, with a regular Friday beer cart always great to bring the teams together.

Cons

Like any company our size and aiming for significant growth and IPO, change is an inevitable part of the job. We've seen some shifts in the organisational structure and in executive leadership, all of which will accelerate our growth. In particular new senior hires at CMO & COO level are massive for us.

Advice to Management

Execute on the vision and strategy that has been laid out. We have a huge opportunity here and I fully believe we now have the right people in place to do so.

7. "Excellent Technology and Growth"

Current Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Size is ideal to provide level of strong support but also change and career growth
    - Leadership heavily invests in career pathing
    - Technology is top notch for the industry
    - Leadership has a vision of growth and not seeking a buyout
    - Culture, people, and work/life balance create an excellent working atmosphere
    - Company makes large investments in office space, food benefits, and professional development
    - Hard work gets recognized

Cons

- Will be (and has been) growing pains moving from small to medium sized company
    - Still feels like an engineering/product dominated company, though recent hires indicate this is shifting to more of a balanced focus
    - Market headwinds will need to be overcome against larger players (Google and Facebook primarily)

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees career development and training and it will pay dividends moving forward. Also share as much as possible about product and market developments so that employees feel bought in to the future of the company

"A Sleeping Giant"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Quantcast has enormous potential to 10x. Lots of positive leadership changes have happened recently.

Cons

It is probably time for a new CEO, it does not seem like Konrad is the right person to take us to the next level.

"Great people on the ground - incompetent exec leadership"

I worked at Quantcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you get to work with are in general very friendly, welcoming and generous of their time. There is a base of very talented people.

Excellent relationships with clients and some agencies.

Nicely located offices around the world. Never in the dodgy outskirts, always in the centre near the media agencies and other tech companies.

A good technology base to build from.

Cons

1/ Terrible exec leadership.
    CEO is struggling with the job, focusing on details and flying relentlessly for quick local fixes instead of looking at the big picture. The CEO hasn't built a vision of the company and has failed to define what Quantcast should stand for, leaving space for infighting within his team and flavor-of-the-moment company statements. Impossible to rally behind. Every major decision (hires, restructures, investments) has been bad.
    SVP of engineering: promotes a very negative culture and no partnership with the Product team. A massive issue for a tech company. Suffocates innovation from junior team members and more senior alike if it doesn't go with what he is thinking.
    SVP of Product: very bright but not a product org leader. The quality of the product team and the lack of products (not features) is a testament of that. Needs to build products for the market and abandon the things that none wants.
    CMO: chief of buzzwords and no action. A lot of talk, a lot of selfies, a change of colours and logos, shooting ambulances to build his brand, but what is the effect for Quantcast? Where are the positive business outcomes? 90% of his team has churned in less than 6 months. Staff giggles when he is talking at the all hands.

2/ Product not up to scratch
    Advertising: Falling behind the competition in terms of results for clients, budget share, consideration and features. Failed to take the mobile turn.
    Measurement: will struggle as Google Analytics ups its game and the DMPs become simpler. Will end up being a quick fix solution for small, spammy websites.
    Data: the cornerstone of Quantcast's position is that it sees users hundred's of times of month. But according to the internal analysts, this is a lie. And more stringent privacy laws around the world + tracking blocks will put an end to this.

3/ Vision
    Where is it?

4/ Spirit
    Most employees are looking around.
    None challenges the leadership or senior management.
    Employees internally are making fun of the leadership and the company positioning (the recent shift to AI was perceived as a farce and is the subject of endless memes)

Advice to Management

All except the new COO (who I haven't worked with): please allow for a new and different set of leaders to come and save the company.

"Life @ QC"

I worked at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Bad management has sunk the company

Advice to Management

Focus on your roots and your employees

11. ":) Amazing atmosphere / :( Losing its credibility with recent changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

.The atmosphere is phenomenal. When people from other QC offices come to the Dublin one, they are amazed to see the team spirit and the fun.
    .Flexibility in hours
    .Great balance work life / personal life
    .Amazing opportunity to learn everything about digital advertising
    .Strong technology and potential to become a strong player on the market

Cons

.The company seems a bit lost in creating an identity and finding its position on the market
    .Difficult to have a clear visibility on career development
    .Perks and salary are not competitive compared to the other tech companies in Dublin