Quantcast Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.7
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Catered lunch and dinner everyday" (in 29 reviews)

• "Work life balance is pretty great" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Another strong criticism is that there is no 401k matching at all" (in 15 reviews)

• "Deteriorating quality of middle management" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Company on the up"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Aggressive growth plans
    Best in market product
    Well resourced
    Compelling bonus and benefits package

Cons

MD can sometimes be a bit unreasonable with expectations around work levels.
    People don't get much of a second chance to save themselves if they're under performing

Advice to Management

In ANZ, trust your staff more to get the job done. Be clear on expectations and timelines

Quantcast Response

20 Feb 2018 – People & Places

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take pride in the work we’re doing to help brands grow and are continually inspired by the positive responses we receive around it. Thank you... More

2. "Quantcast is killing it"

Pros

- Awesome Culture
    - Awesome technology
    - Bright future
    - Supporting structure
    - Free Health insurance!

I recently applied for an internal role change and the company was amazing at backing me in the new role.

Cons

Nothing much to say in regards to Cons.

I have never worked at a company like this before and it is very hard to fault it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is a growing company that has managed to maintain a small company vibe. dont lose it.

3. "Sales manager"

Current Employee - Agency Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Agency Sales Manager

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- best product in market
    - confidence in senior management
    - great growth opportunities
    - putting clients first
    - chance to work with and learn from incredibly smart and talented people

Cons

- clunky systems
    - improve global collaborations

"Startup with an Exciting Future"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quantcast has awesome perks. Catered lunches and snacks, great happy hours, and culturally oriented events define a dynamic and fun culture. My colleagues are one of the more educated groups I've seen in the industry. I work with Ph.D. and Masters graduates from top tier universities. Even better, instead of relegating these folks to a research role, Quantcast leverages them to be part of releasing production software.

The newly devised business strategy is compelling. With the recent change to leadership, in addition to getting back to our technical roots, we are making consumer-facing software endeavors that could remake the way publishers and marketers monetize their content on the internet.

Quantcast is a place for gifted computer scientists to make a significant impact on exciting products. It's also a place where building software that non-technical end-users use. In short, it's a place where individuals can leverage their strengths to enhance a developing product suite.

Cons

As with any company that's growing and building new products, there can be substantial uncertainty. Taking risks can be uncomfortable for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep playing people to their strengths and get us past some of the negativity that we've been experiencing. The future is looking amazingly promising.

"CEO needs to step down to have someone else show us the exit.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing food, people and fantastic work and culture.

Cons

Waste of time if you think you can make some money on equity as long as current CEO is present.
    CEO is selfish guy, doesn't want to sell the company or show an exit. I can also understand, it's very hard for anyone to sell/exit it's own baby/company. So, Konrad is not the right guy, he is too attached to the company to show any exit for the company. He needs to step down, have the new CEO show the path to the exit. Lot of companies in the valley do that usually, especially founders take the side role and new person take company to IPO, it's less pressure/burden on the founder as well.

Advice to Management

Konrad needs to step down, have someone else take over and show company exit.

6. "Great atmosphere in the office."

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Quantcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is friendly, everyone is super nice and supportive, always events to attend that are really interesting and free food is a major bonus!

Cons

None that I can think of at all.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, couldn't have asked for a nicer place to work.

"Very Impressed"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’m very impressed with Quantcast, especially progress made the past 18 months. Here’s why:

Quantcast has made significant strides across diversity and inclusion. They take this very seriously and I’m hopeful they continue on this course.

The leadership team has taken thoughtful steps to addressing transparency and accountability. They address hard questions and they are all accessible and will stop and work through any problem with you.

Career development here is a real thing. I’ve seen many people grow to take consequential leadership positions at the company and we consistently receive the support we need to continue developing as professionals and leaders.

The product has improved and that team is listening to market feedback and quickly developing products that are going to bring real value to the industry. Exciting things ahead.

Cons

The company and employees are excited about where we are today. We need to reinforce our position and historically we haven’t done a great job at that. Our time to do that is now.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on culture and balancing how hard our job is with celebrating achievements across the business, grand or small.

"Poor Management - forced to do unethical work or will be seen as not a team player/client forward"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunches, dinners, and snacks, good benefits

Cons

Poor management, disrespectful and deceiving counterparts

Advice to Management

Stand up for your team/subordinates, you get paid more to deal with difficult situations. Pushing talents away isn't the solution if the core problem is ignored. Be genuine, care for your team, have an opinion, and be efficient. Creating a 100 google sheet isn't going to make everyone more organized but weighing the team down. No one has time to keep track of the google sheets that are not effective and unhelpful.

"Shrinking quickly"

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catered lunches are nice and your peers are generally good to work with.

Cons

The bottom line is that the company isn't growing and the only reason there are so many job postings is because attrition accelerated in the second half of 2018 and the company is struggling to hire because it can't give competitive offers because the value of Quantcast's equity is dubious at best and lacks any realistic path to liquidity. Beyond that it should be particularly alarming to people that a number of people quit without having their next job lined up.

If you want more details I'd strongly encourage you to check out the Quantcast related posts on Blind.

Advice to Management

You have people who are in over their heads in key C-level positions which is driving your attrition. Get rid of those jokers before it's too late.

10. "Nice place"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Smart motivate colleagues, good management, nice office

Cons

General Data Protection Regulation, work life balance