Robert Walters Reviews

Updated 10 Jun 2021

4.0
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Friendly, collaborative working environment(in 48 reviews)

• "good training and support, international environment(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours but to be expected in recruitment(in 50 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Nice environment

22 Apr 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team with great bonuses

Cons

There were no cons when i was there

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company, help you to grow, great culture!

5 May 2021 - Senior Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Made some friends for life here, the culture was great and managers are supportive. They help you progress and grow as long as you put work in too.

Cons

Management could be more transparent and a supportive of the more junior members of staff.

3. 4.0

great place to work

6 Mar 2021 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

brilliant colleagues, fantastic culture, good bonus scheme and success channels

Cons

can be difficult depending on what desk you're working - eg whether it is warm, or a desk you have to build up

4. 5.0

Excellent benefits

12 Mar 2021 - Managing Director in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong management team, great client portfolio, excellent training and benefits

Cons

bonus structure not as attractive as some smaller boutiques

5. 5.0

Nice

14 Mar 2021 - Recruiter in Chatswood
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has a great culture

Cons

Haven't worked enough to know yet

6. 5.0

Great Business to start your Career With

8 Jun 2020 - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a Senior Consultant in the Melbourne Office. Overall excellent culture, people and team. The friends you make there will be friends for life. Structure and best practice habit development, legacy accounts, brand name. Ability to build a genuine career for yourself and earn a 6 figure salary within 1-2 years. Excellent Director in charge (Melbourne) that genuinely cares for his staff.

Cons

Similar to big 4 in terms of progression timing which is discretionary, bonus are discretionary (but fair). When you start billing higher numbers the bonuses start becoming less and less competitive, however for 90% of consultants the bonus structure will actually benefit you in comparison to peers. Can be smoke and mirrors for progression opportunities, often it is down to timing and 'waiting' for the right progression slot to open up.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good training - however pressuring environment

25 Feb 2021 - Recruiter in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training for a sales role

Cons

High pressure sales environment and can be quite demanding with targets

1 person found this review helpful

Robert Walters Response

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed our training — it’s something that we’re very proud of and are regularly recognised for in the industry. Regarding your comments about the working environment, it’s true that we class ourselves as a high-performing business, but while we expect the best from our people, we’re committed to offering them a supportive environment that looks after their wellbeing, too. If you have any further details about how we can better support our people, we’d invite you to email us at australiahumanresources@robertwalters.com.au so that we can set up a confidential chat with you and an appropriate member of the team.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for new starters in recruitment

25 Nov 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good training - Good PSAs

Cons

- Does not pay the best in market

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to learn

22 Dec 2020 - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

-leading agency -reputable brand -clear progression plans -great PSA accounts -fun culture

Cons

-discretionary bonus structure is unclear -long hours expected -you will be micro managed through your kpi’s -can be a bit of a high school environment with politics

3 people found this review helpful

Robert Walters Response

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I agree with your points about our fun culture and clear progression opportunities and I think we’ve made a lot of great investments to address work/life balance. Indeed, I want all our people to have the flexibility and autonomy they need to do their jobs well, without being held back by micromanagement or office politics. I’d be really keen to get some more details from you so that we can make any necessary improvements, so please feel free to email me at at james.dalrymple@robertwalters.com.au and we can set up a confidential conversation. James Dalrymple Director – Robert Walters Melbourne

10. 5.0

I wish I never left!

29 May 2020 - Candidate Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly does things right! They don't receive commission like most agencies. Instead the have a salary and team/individual bonus, a structure which makes much more sense in this industry and leads to better culture/teamwork and MUCH better candidate/client care! They care about their employees and show it immensely with an annual incentive trip to a new place around the globe. They send a few lucky employees to Africa for a mission trip every year, charity day, happy hours, great benefits, opportunity to transfer globally or work from other offices temporarily. They sponsor incredible causes. Everyone there looks like a supermodel. It was amazing. Great money, enjoyable work!

Cons

I wish my progression was discussed more

Viewing 1 - 10 of 499 Reviews