Sterling Reviews

Updated 9 Jul 2020

3.7
Sterling CEO Josh Peirez (no image)
Josh Peirez
Pros
  • "Collaborative work environment that facilitated obtaining the facts for decision making(in 15 reviews)

• "Pay is good and it offers a great work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons observed by me even during initial stages(in 12 reviews)

• "layoffs have been detrimental to the company because individuals do not feel as if they have job security(in 8 reviews)

"Awesome Place to work and Grow"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Adelaide

I worked at Sterling full-time

Pros

Great work culture and environment Fantastic opportunities to Grow

Cons

There is absolutely no cons for a person who has the right attitude towards work and learning and who has aspirations to grow.

February 20, 2020Learning and Inclusion Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We strive to maintain a culture where team members are excited to come to work and it is exciting to hear that you felt this culture during your time here!

"Great place to work - for once a company that actually puts people (clients and employee) first!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Accounts in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Sterling full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Truly believes in a focus on people (clients and employees). I have worked for many companies that, although is always said, rarely is the case. -Our guiding principals, specifically "the client is always in the room" is a focus for every decision that is made. -Have seen unbelievable growth and focus over the last couple years that probably wouldn't have happened previously.

Cons

No cons at this time.

3. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Mumbai

I worked at Sterling full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's Very friendly and helpful

Cons

None as u never found any

July 8, 2020

Thank you so much for this great review! We absolutely aim for a friendly and helpful environment always.

4. "Great company. Great culture."

I have been working at Sterling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great managers Friendly and collaborative colleagues Challenging work. Lots always happening. "We are in this together"

Cons

Interdepartmental alignment needs improving Tech needs a revamp

July 7, 2020Learning and Inclusion Partner

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the people and partnerships found at Sterling and welcome any ideas you may have on how we can continue to improve! In 2020, we are rolling out some great improvements to our platforms and we are excited to see how they will enhance the experiences of both our clients and employees.

5. "Great company"

4.0
    Current Employee - SDE-II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Sterling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, great team

Cons

not that i can think of

June 24, 2020

Thank you for the great feedback!

"Recommended"

Current Employee - Human Resource Associate

I have been working at Sterling full-time

Pros

Has great people and culture!

Cons

There are no cons so far

July 8, 2020

Thank you so much! - the People and Culture Team.

7. "Good company for learners"

4.0
    Current Employee - QA Test Engineer

I have been working at Sterling full-time

Pros

Efforts taken by HR to keep the employees engaged are commendable. Job security is present.

Cons

Can be difficult to attain a work life balance. Works goes on beyond normal working hours.

8. COVID-19

"Great work/life balance!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sterling full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked for almost a year full time. The marketing team is a great group of people. Directors and CMO are passionate leaders and hear from all the team for taking decisions. Pay is good and it offers a great work/life balance. Never worked on weekends or late hours.

Cons

- Not a lot of inter-department mingling (Pre and post COVID). - Good people were fired out of nowhere.

June 22, 2020

Thank you so much for this great review. Regarding interdepartmental mingling - good point. Before COVID we had regular "Cheers Carts" and group training and discussions and had been planning to do a lot more in 2020. During COVID we've had an interesting opportunity to "zoom mingle" with our many discussions on diversity and inclusion, Women's Group, Pride Month, Working from Home workshops, Parent's Workshops, and Mental Health workshops in May. Only listing those to make sure you're aware of those. Thanks again for the great review. - People and Culture

9. COVID-19

"Great place to work. Excellent leadership starting at the top."

Current Employee - Sales in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Sterling full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sterling is forward thinking and consistently pushing this industry forward. The CEO talks about making decisions as if the client was in the room. It's a value that is undeniably evident from the top down and across all departments. I enjoy the people I work with and have a very positive outlook for the future here. The recent COVID-19 Pandemic further solidified my outlook on the organization. The quick organized response, well thought out and executed Business Continuity Plan, paid dividends to our clients, their candidates, and my colleagues.

Cons

There's a reason why you are paid, it's work. I'm sure I could come up with some things to complain about, but they wouldn't be significant enough to consider as a reason not to work here.

June 2, 2020Learning and Inclusion Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled to hear such positive feedback and will absolutely continue on this path. Please do not hesitate to let your local People and Culture team member know if there is anything we can do to continue enhancing your experience.

10. COVID-19

"Enjoy Working for this Organisation"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at Sterling part-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is available, employees are friendly and if you love computers then this place is the good place to work. I find it less stressful and after all during this pandemic they got all employees working from home and is flexible.

Cons

Maybe for some people might find that the wages are bit low as minimum wages are paid but the rest is good.

June 1, 2020Learning and Inclusion Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We strive to always put our people first and are happy to hear that we have been able to alleviate some of the stressors felt as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Found 277 reviews