Stryker Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo
Kevin A. Lobo
1,082 Ratings
Cons
  1. "Great place to work and a company inspiring positive change to health care!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager - QLD in Brisbane

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture. Stryker actually care about their employees. Understanding them, their strengths, where they would fit best to not only excel, but longevity within a role - perfect for career development and why they have such great staff retention. I was approached when I was 8 months pregnant and about to go on maternity leave - they didn't even hesitate. I was put through the initial process as quick as possible... to accommodate my situation, and then 'put on ice' for a few months so I could enjoy maternity leave and so they could put me in the right role that not only suited my experience, but my new family life. Stryker care about their employees on a personal level. I feel like not only part of a team, but part of a family! It's a culture.

Cons

I'm a few months in and haven't yet experienced any.

Advice to Management

I love the approach to finding new employees. It's very unusual, but so smart and effective. Great work!

Stryker2019-09-12

Stryker Response

September 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We’re so glad that you are enjoying your time here at Stryker. As a reminder, we’re always looking for great talent like you! If you’d like to recommend a friend, learn more about our Talent Referral Program here: http://bit.ly/2QigaIG #WeAreStryker

2. "A company and culture that truly cares about what we do"

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working arrangements - Yes, there are times when we work longer hours because what we do makes a difference for the bottom line (like when a patient is on the table). If my extra hours and effort means it changes a life, then I'm all for it. We're all in this business for a reason and those who are passionate about it won't find it a burden. I come in and leave work when it suits me. If I have something to... do in the morning, my manager doesn't watch my time clock. Culture - It's cliche but we love what we do. You can feel the buzz when you walk in because every single person in their role is making a difference. Progression and development - If you've done well in your role and want to apply your strengths and talents elsewhere, that is not only supported but also highly encouraged.

Cons

Senior members have been in the business for a 10+ years and have a harder time adopting new cultures, processes, etc.

Advice to Management

Be open to adopting new ideas and not just doing the same things in the same way. Leverage the newer generation and the ideas they bring.

Stryker2019-08-27

Stryker Response

September 13, 2019

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent leadership Inclusive culture Thorough processes

Cons

Not a lot I can think of

Stryker2019-08-03
  4. "Challenging, fulfilling, rewarding!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Brisbane

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working within an organisation that lives and breathes its mission and values. Staff are valued, encouraged and given every platform to succeed. Team work, inclusiveness and celebrating success creates an environment where you want to get out and make a difference every single day!

Cons

No negatives to report here.

Stryker2019-08-01
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Perth, Western Australia
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Great products. Great compensation plan. Great management. Great support team. Everyone looks after one another. Can always reach out to people within the team. Friendly and competitive environment. Thorough interview process in which they hire the best of the best.

Cons

Needs a more systematic starting process.

Advice to Management

A more systematic starting process would be nice but other than that, everything has been excellent.

Stryker2019-08-02
  6. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Associate in Sydney

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You are given a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to develop based on what you are naturally good at. I have had opportunities at Stryker that I know I wouldn't have been able to experience in other workplaces - it's because Stryker is willing to give you a chance and develop you.

Cons

There really aren't too many cons that come to mind!

Stryker2019-08-01
  7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Sydney

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, opportunities, benefits, salary range, people

Cons

I can't think of anything that is a con - we work hard we the right people would love that.

Stryker2019-07-31

"It used to be an amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sydney

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working for a company that makes a real difference to Heath care. Yearly Conference Gallop strengths - you learn about what motivated you so you can excel in a job you love.

Cons

no support or safety if you have issues with bullying or if you’re unable to confide in your manager. Gas lighting issues, being pat on the back for good work but told you need to work harder. Personal opinions / social clicks obscuring managers ability to lead. Employee feedback scores- seen as a competition and staff told their anonymous feedback isn’t anonymous therefore staff are scared to give true feedback.

Stryker2019-06-28
  9. "Kit Assembler Job Review"

Former Employee - Operations in Melbourne

I worked at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment to work in the Melbourne office. Two meetings scheduled each day with the whole team to discuss progress and upcoming work. there is always food available in a very nice kitchen.

Cons

Long hours worked and sometimes late into the evening.

Stryker2019-02-13

"Don’t be fooled by the hype. Definitely not one of the best places to work for."

Anonymous in Perth, Western Australia
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

Some nice people in the company.

Cons

Messianic charisma of the leadership (also very Narcissistic), that create a cult like work environment and employees are almost forced to or brainwashed to chant “We love Stryker”. Eventually, those that cannot be brainwashed, tend to leave the company or forced out of the company. If you want to get ahead in Stryker, don’t worry about academic or professional qualifications, get your self a book called “A guide... to shameless brown nosing”. Managers are often very much like crazed dictators in a sense that they thrive on having their egos stroked and surround themselves with “yes men/women” who are duly rewarded. Which is a scary thought, when some of the people that end up on on top, have bare minimum qualifications, lack intellectual stimulation and zero innovative foresight. Pay is below market rate.

Advice to Management

Needs complete cleansing of the management.

Stryker2019-01-27