TAL Reviews

Updated 21 Jun 2020

3.5
TAL Group CEO and  Managing Director Brett Clark (no image)
Brett Clark
  1. "QA officer"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Officers in Melbourne

I worked at TAL full-time

Pros

The culture is greAt at tal

Cons

Deadlines Are really short and unrealistic

June 1, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to comment and acknowledge the great culture we have at TAL! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

2. "Innovation contract"

Former Employee - Innovation Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TAL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you know the right people it's possible to create opportunities

Cons

Transparency and communication within the company is poor

June 24, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to comment. We will ensure your feedback is incorporated into our ongoing monitoring of our people experience but should you wish to supply further feedback please contact us via: peopleandculture@tal.com.au.

3. "Treading water"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at TAL full-time

Pros

Free insurance and most people are great!

Cons

No pay rise in 5 years, more remit and expected to work yourself with the “offer” dangling that next year you will be rewarded. Made to feel guilty for asking for a raise and a bonus and told you are lucky to have a job. Work life balance mantra is a joke as long hours are expected and if don’t get it done then performance management is thrown at you. Biding time as hoping job market will open up soon.

June 1, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We value feedback and are disappointed to hear that you feel this way. To discuss your individual situation, we encourage you to contact us our people services teams at: TALpeopleandculture@tal.com.au .

4. "-"

Former Employee - Senior Actuarial Analyst in Sydney

I worked at TAL full-time

Pros

People are friendly and willing to teach

Cons

Long hours and no downtime

"poor management"

1.0
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Sydney

I have been working at TAL full-time for less than a year

Pros

great location; flexible working arrangements; building has a gym for TAL staff; condiments in the kitchen and enough forks for everyone

Cons

feels like fight club when you come to work, poor management, no actual training, but sent to a 3 week 'training course' where you chat all day, full portfolio from about week 2, high case loads, no support from lower - middle management as everyone is busy in meetings or at the pub

May 11, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take our culture and commitment to our people seriously and we’re disappointed to hear that didn't have a consistent experience. We will ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant people within TAL and should you wish to provide further feedback please contact us at PeopleandCulture@tal.com.au.

6. "Amazing people first culture"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

I have been working at TAL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong leadership who genuinely care about staff and customers. Great office work environment. Flexible working. Strong support for diversity and health and wellbeing.

Cons

Competitive industry that has led to margin erosion and cuts.

May 11, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your first-hand experiences of working with us. We're pleased to hear that you also have a passion for our culture and people. We will ensure your comments are passed on. If you would like to discuss your feedback further we would encourage you to contact us via PeopleandCulture@tal.com.au.

7. "Nothing outstanding"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TAL full-time for more than a year

Pros

No 1 insurer in Australia

Cons

People seem to enjoy working with TAL but turnovers are frequent and exec team seem to be out of touch

May 11, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to comment, we appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is passed on! If you would like to discuss further please contact us via via TALPeopleandCulture@tal.com.au.

8. "Good culture, nice people, OK rewards"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at TAL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is fantastic in Sydney, and the people are generally great to work with. There are often opportunities to grow and develop, but they will not always be easy to obtain.

Cons

It seemed very difficult, almost impossible, for managers to do anything meaningful about poor performers.

May 11, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We feel that any reference to our culture gives us insight into our people's experience working with us. And, every insight is valuable. We will ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant people within TAL and should you wish to provide further feedback please contact us PeopleandCulture@tal.com.au.

9. "TAL Walks to the Talk"

Current Employee - Manager, TAL Community Foundation in Sydney

I have been working at TAL part-time

Pros

I love working at TAL. It's a great organisation, with lots of passion for our customers and our people. I thoroughly enjoy the culture and all of the wonderful opportunities offered to our people outside of their day-to-day role. The leadership team offers great support and transparency. All of these things make it a pleasure to come to work each day.

Cons

The Life Insurance industry is a competitive landscape, and there have been quite a few regulatory changes over the past 1-2 years, which has led to lots of change. This also makes work life interesting and dynamic.

May 11, 2020Talent Sourcing & Branding Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your first hand experiences of working with us. We're pleased to hear that you also have a passion for our culture and people. We will ensure your comments are passed on. If you would like to discuss your feedback further we would encourage you to contact us via PeopleandCulture@tal.com.au.

10. "general work experience at TAL"

4.0
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at TAL full-time for less than a year

Pros

great work culture. good work life balance. frequent parties.

Cons

salary increment not that great. lesser face to face trainings.

January 27, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your comments, we appreciate your feedback and and will ensure it is passed on! If you would like to discuss further please contact us via via TALPeopleandCulture@tal.com.au.

Found 82 reviews