Atlassian Graduate Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Atlassian Graduate Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlassian

2.9

Graduate Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

First a online algorithm test, pick two out of five, not really hard. Then they will reach you for a telephone interview. You can choose a date from what they provided. The telephone interview is not related to technical problem, mostly like an HR interview. I got a reject email after telephone interview which claimed that they have found more suitable guys.

Interview Questions

• Like where do you come from? why do you study programming?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Atlassian

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney).

Interview

I applied online through their Website and heard back the next day with an email asking to do a HackerRank question. There was five questions, of which you had to do a minimum of 2. I did two and then heard back a couple days later wanting a HR phone interview. Then never heard back after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Altassian?
      Talk about some previous projects   Answer Question

Graduate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlassian (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to complete a coding test via Hackerrank. Was given 90 minutes and 5 questions, and the understanding was you had to complete 2 questions minimum. Was only able to complete 1 question, although half completed 2 more - they were VERY difficult and long-winded. Would recommend managing your time with these questions, and choosing the right questions to answer from the start.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

Interview

First you start off by submitting your resume. They'll send you a link for an online exam. This takes an hour and consists of 5 questions. These questions are not inherently difficult but require a clear mind to get through.

From that they'll give you a call where you'll chat to someone from the HR team. Hopefully by the end they'll invite you for an in-person interview which consists of 3 parts. A technical interview, project presentation and a programming exam.

The turnaround from this will be rather quick, hopefully within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Present a project that you've worked on   4 Answers

Graduate Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Atlassian in May 2015.

Interview

A friend referred me and submitted my resume to the recruiter. The next day I had an email from the recruiter asking me to do a coding test. I completed the coding test, which had 5 questions and a limit of an hour to complete. You weren't expected to complete all 5 but at least 2 of them, I think. The next day I received a phone call asking me to proceed to the next stage, which was a 20 minute phone call discussing projects and experience - a personality check. During that call the interviewer started organising the next stage, which were a set of 3 skype calls. One was talking in depth about one particular project. Another was kind of like technical knowledge trivia, but they would drill pretty deeply down on most concepts. The last was another coding test where they supplied files and a spec and you had to "pair program" a solution to it, which had to pass tests for both efficiency and correctness. The same day as my skype call the recruiter contacted me with a verbal offer. Incredibly fast process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

"Unlikely to negotiate".

Graduate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlassian (Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)) in April 2015.

Interview

Preliminary interview was a link to a HackerRank set of custom questions. There were 5 questions, from which you were expected to answer 2. After the interview, a technical recruiter reviews your CV and decides whether you go to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Convert a decimal string to a custom base 7 notation.
      Sort a linked list defined only using nodes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview (non-technical, motivations for joining, tell more about things on resume)
    testing day:
    - pair programming for a simple class implementation, not testing for java language specifics, must pass unit tests and performance tests.
    - white board session to describe a project/design you did, must explain the design choices made.
    - programming knowledge test for general knowledge such as OOP concepts and lists, threading

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney) in April 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of: doing an online coding test, a behavioural phone interview and a series of onsite interviews (coding, technical and whiteboarding interview). The coding interview asked for a fairly simple implementation and then how to optimise it. The technical one asked about a whole range of topics such as oo programming, concurrency, data structures. The whiteboard one involved discussing a project I did in a lot of depth: how I went about it, design decisions, teamwork... etc.
    The interviewers were all quite friendly. The interviewer I had for the whiteboarding interview gave me a lot less prompts than expected, but I still managed to use the full 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are some features of Object Oriented programming? Can you tell me about a project you've done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Adelaide) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly an online coding interview will be presented and you have one hour to finish at least two out of five problems.
    Then if you succeed, you would get a telephone call after around one week for some behaviourial questions and project presentation.
    After that, waiting another week, I failed....
    By the way, I believe they want the graduates to search their company in depth and they think highly of their company's values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney) in April 2014.

Interview

The process is code interview, phone interview, in person interview then offer as stated on their website. Coding interview takes about an hour or two (untimed) and is automarked. Also includes a few multiple choice and long response questions. Phone interview is focused on personality but can include coding related questions. In person interview is group based.

Interview Questions

• Quite straightforward, no difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.