BD Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 11 Mar 2019

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Through an agency, I was presented with a contract-to-hire position. A 5 days later, I had a phone screen with hiring manager and a product manager. They asked the usual questions of my experience so it wasn't difficult, but one question that stood out odd was whether I was willing to work 7 or 8am to 6pm, indicating it would be long days there. Then the onsite interview was 5 days later. This was a panel interview of 4 people, including the hiring manager. This was a bad experience: no one showed up at the lobby until 10 min later (hiring manager didn't receive me), no one gave me any water or break during the 2hr interview, one of them didn't even have the resume, hiring manager was late to panel interview, there was no order of questions coming from all of them, then the hiring manager asked me again whether working 7am was acceptable. They all mentioned it was a lot of chaos and dynamicism. In fact, one of my friends who work there recently got laid off due to the BD merger, so I knew it was already a negative environment to be in. At the end of the interview, hiring manager said he's still interviewing and will let me know by end of month. While I was interviewing for other companies and got offers, recruiter told hiring manager about it and hiring manager offered me the job but was not willing to match increased rate from other company. Based on the interview process, the state of where Carefusion is at with BD merger, and not willing to match or offer better pay, I decided to decline the offer as I was concerned about the long-term certainty there, the fact that they didn't offer me permanent full-time, and potentially working long hours within the group turned me off.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BD

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (Remote, OR (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This was a 4-month process. I applied through CareFusion. Multiple phone interviews were involved. The background check was extensive. The job I had applied for had been filled, and I was being interviewed for a less senior role, with a lower salary.

Interview Questions

• What was my understanding of the job I was being interviewed for; turned out that PM roles at CareFusion are atypical. A great deal of clinical knowledge is important.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BD in July 2017.

Interview

Position was for a contract project manager. I received several calls from various vendors and selected one after speaking to about 3 of them. Next I was asked to complete a phone screen with BD. They called me a few days later for an in person interview. About a week later, I received a job offer pending drug screen and background investigation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general around project management and situational in nature.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Phone interview with manager, then follow up interview with 2 peers going through practical examples of Project Management life cycle, governance, risk and issue management. Discussed practical examples of engagement, collaboration, difficult conversations with customers. Quality Assurance Process.

Interview Questions

BD Response

11 Jul 2018

Dear Associate,
    Thank you for your review. It is great to hear about your positive experience during BD’s recruitment process.
    If you wish to receive updates and learn more about BD, make sure to... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BD (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and heard back from their recruiter the next day. I had a phone screen. She then confirmed a phone interview with the hiring manager. The whole process took less than 3 business days from application to phone interview. Unfortunately I didn't progress any further. However I was really impressed by the whole process and their very efficient and courteous recruiter!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience relevant to the role.
      Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.