Flight Centre Travel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Flight Centre Travel Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Flight Centre Travel Group

Full Service Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

first got telephonic interview through prime vendor,then had Skype interview, then last round is client interview most focused on SQL ,ETL testing, D365,most emphasis on SQL and pl/sql,basic testing,test plan test strategy

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

You get a phone screening and invite for 1:1 interview. My interviewer was very polite. She asked plenty of questions about my goals in the future for the company and myself. There were not many questions regarding scenarios or aspects too specific to the role.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Phone interview It takes about 15 mins. Deanna was my interviewer. if I passed the interview I would have to fly to NJ for training 6 days and they will cover everything.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the offer but I m not surprised:) since I have read many reviewers about hiring purpose. I have all the aspects that they need such as I m a travel vlog, I knew 3 languages, 14 years award of Customer Service relationship but still don't past the interview 😂
    What a waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work with us?
      What did you do with you previous role?
      What did you do in the past few years after your previous job? have you done anything else?
      Have you done anything that relate with travel industry?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Negative and unprofessional experience. I applied online and was contacted via email for a phone interview with VP of HR who is based in NJ. Interview went great and immediately arranged a second round call with a leader based in Vancouver. She was looking to hire asap and said when she returns from her business trip she would like to arrange for me to meet the CMO in NJ. A week goes by and no communication which was expected as they were out of town. The next week was quiet again so I reached out and never heard back. A second follow up was responded to by saying they are speaking to a late entry and a referral. No big deal but don't make promises and arrange interviews and then ghost a candidate. To date, over 2 months later they still have not contacted me to advise my status. Very unprofessional and liars. Treat candidates like people. This is a major red flag.

Travel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Denver, CO (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was very brief, and easy. Had a phone call with a recruiter and then organized and in person interview. There were a lot of questions about my previous sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Why has your previous experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current position for this one?   Answer Question
    • What was your monthly quota in your previous sales job?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The first step was I was interviewed over the phone of what I currently do, why I want to apply and what my skills are. Then I got another phone call after a week to do a face to face interview which was followed by a link to do a psychometric test. After my first face to face interview, I got another call after 2 days to meet with one of the business leaders.

Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group in January 2018.

Interview

Routine questions for the role, however was clear the interviewer did not understand the role nor the function of the role. Was a face to face interview and 2 weeks later got a generic thanks but no thanks email. Happy to not land the role, but disappointed to not receive a call at least to inform. Especially with senior HR involved in the interview

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Exton, PA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview with the Flight centre confirmed my opinion that all big companies announce from time to time that they are hiring. This is part of their policy to mislead the public that new jobs are created and the economy is “growing”. This is what they are instructed to do. It is convenient for the companies because interviewing people they spend their working hours in useless interviews, and justify their salaries. They don’t need new staff, but the people who managed to get a job there because they are relatives or friends, they have to pretend some kind of work to keep the salaries coming.
    My interview was fast – 15 minutes on the phone, which assured me that I won’t be hired. I received at least 15 email reminders for that interview. I answered all questions positively – location close to home, experience in the travel industry, availability to work at any time, agree with the salary and commission structure, everything that qualified me to be on the top of the list (if any). The interviewer gave me information about the company, and everything what she was instructed to say robotically to anyone without any intention to hire. She was in a hurry because she delayed 10 minutes for my interview and she had to catch up.
    One day after the phone interview I received a negative email that the company decided not to continue with me. Not a word why.

Travel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Miami, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter following up on my application that I applied for. The email directed me to click on a link to set up a telephone interview at my convenience.I received a confirmation email with the agreed time and day scheduled for the interview (red flag 1). The day of the interview approached and I received numerous email reminding of the scheduled interview (red flag 2). The recruiter called me 10 minutes past the time of our scheduled interview and proceeded with the interview with out apologizing for being late. At the beginning the recruiter appeared to be unorganized and not sure of how to begin the interview process. At that point during the interview I had discovered she was not a recruiter but merely a phone screener who had no specific knowledge about the position or how the commission structure, bonuses or how performance indicators were measured. The recruiter was not equipped with performing the interviewing. I had pressured in asking additional questions regarding the position that she could not answer. At the end of the interview, I had lost interest in the position of how the whole interview process was so mishandled.

Senior Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Montvale, NJ (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

1st meeting was with the Director of Marketing. She shared problems they have and I told her how I would solve them. The second interview was with 2 other leads in Marketing + Director. It was very friendly. We had very good rapport. They were looking for something very specific.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite recent project where you were involved from conceptualization to implementation?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.