Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6,832 of over 6.8K interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Nov 2020

Interview

Recorded HireVue process with 5 questions. They provided resources to prepare and links to their career site and company page. I was expecting the interview to be more focused on Goldman Sachs, but they were all behavioral questions

Interview Questions
  • 1) What is your greatest achievement, tell us why you chose that achievement, the steps you took, and the impact to your organization.
    1 Answer
  • 2) You are faced with competing assignments, what do you do?
  • 3) You just presented results to a client and they want details on competing company. This is against company policy to provide information, what do you do?
  • 4) Your coworker is struggle to work with another colleague due to working style and comes to you for advice, what would you do?
  • 5) Share an example, inside or outside of work, of a time you excelled.
125 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Recently completed Hirevue and it consists of 5 questions for which you have 3 minutes to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. The questions are behavioral. Once finished and submitted. A human looks at your application and decides if they want to move forward with you. There will be a change of status for your application on their portal.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about an achievement in your most recent role. How was it impactful to the organization ? 2. A question about if there was a leadership role you wanted in the company but needed experience to go about it how would you go about it ? 3. If there was important presentation and a conference you were invited to on the same day, how would you tackle it ? 4. If you were placed in a team where all the team members know each other and you are the new guy, how would you respond in the situation ?
70 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

First round was Hacker Rank which had 2 questions which were medium level leetcodes. The second round was a live coding coder pad round for 1 hour in which I was asked two leetcode style questions and was able to code both of them and explain. But, then they ghosted me.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Hireview and then 3 back to back interviews. Most of the questions were behavior/fit questions. Tell me about yourself, why the specific division, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. The questions were more geared toward learning more about the candidate. Overall pretty easy proceess

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Overall not a bad process. Got an interview through grad school, heard back a week after screener. Superday 1 week later (3x30min interviews). Ultimately did not receive offer but heard back within a week

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

There was an Aptitude test followed by an asynchronous video interview. MCQs were mostly quant or logical based. there were 2 questions for the asynchronous video, expecting us to speak for a minute or two. session was easy overall, good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

There were back-to-back 3 interviews for a super day. The interviewer asked direct questions from the resume and 1 situation-based question. Overall Experience was good. 1 st round was just from my resume second round was technical.

Interview Questions
  • Why Goldman, Why Risk Division, Why Risk Analyst . Difference between Mutual and ETF.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

I interviewed through a pre-recorded video interview, powered by HireVue, with 5 behavior questions. I just received a Superday invitation to an Operations Analyst position... so I'm a little confused.

Interview Questions
  • 1. if there's an important presentation and a work conference go on the same day, how would you tackle it? 2. What is your greatest achievement, tell us why you chose that achievement, the steps you took, and the impact on your organization. 3. If you submitted a monthly report on behalf of your team to the manager, then you realize you've made a mistake somewhere that rarely be checked. What would you do in this situation? 4. If you were placed in a team where all the team members know each other and you are the new guy, how would you respond in the situation? 5. If there's a leadership role you want in the company but need at least 2 years experience, but it is your first year in that company, how would you go about it?

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Applied on Goldman Sachs website. The hr representative called after a week to schedule the interview. It was a phone interview on an online platform. Had 2 questions. 1 debugging question and a coding question.

Interview Questions
  • Find the second largest element in an array. Given a block of code that doesn't give the expected results, fix it.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

There was one video interview that was pre recorded consisting of five questions a mix of technical and situational. You were given time to read the question and there was a 2-3 min time limit to answer the questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,832 Interviews