Google Graduate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Google Graduate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.6

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First a coding challenge. Then a phone interview with an engineer where I was asked to implement a piece of code. Then I was invited to campus, where I had 4 interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Pretty much got right to the coding question which was nice. Was sometimes difficult to tell if I had properly answered the questions, but the interviewer was patient and helpful. Make sure to know runtimes!

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a basic "Swipe Type" based word suggestion system (i.e. user swipes over an sequence of letters and determine which words from a dictionary apply best)   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Steps for google interview are:
    Phone Screening : General conversation and will be cleared easily
    Technical interview: The topics below are important but many more are included to be prepared for the interview.
    Not easy to clear this round.
    Onsite interview.

Topics for technical round are:
    Algorithms
    Data Structures
    Strongest Programming Language

The Interview question were looking simple and answered decently but was rejected.
    Will check your thinking process.
    Syntax is not a problem

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Fort Collins, CO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online codeutility.com 60 minutes 2 coding questions. Arrays and strings. One question was bit tricky the other one was easy. Main challenge is to complete within the time limit. Needs a lot of practice.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Short introductory interview with HR followed by a technical interview over a Google Doc. HR questions were simple - interests, why you want to work for Google, what projects you would be interested in, if you know anyone at Google, etc.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview question dealt with finding palindromes. Had to implement in programming language of choice and then explain complexity of proposed algorithm. Also had to propose different algorithms and explain the complexity of those.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Remote, OR (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I did my technical interview with Google via a remote conference. It was a pretty surreal experience to be interviewing for one of my dream companies to work for right after graduating from uni.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in May 2020.

Interview

I applied for the Summer Internship - SRE, but I didn't get it. A couple of months later, a recruiter contacted me asking if I would like to interview for a Graduate Software Engineer role. The first step of one coding interview via Hangouts (you will be coding in Google Docs). After that, I had an onsite interview (in my case it was again online because of COVID 19), it consists of 5 interviews. They all last 45 minutes with 15 minutes breaks between them. First four interviews were coding interviews and the last one was Googliness and Leadership interview. Getting a feedback never took more than a week.

Interview Questions

• All of my coding questions were about algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Sydney) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email to do an online assessment. Haven't heard back yet but I don't think I passed the interview since I wasn't able to solve the 2nd question. Was a good experience that got me on the right track to learn more and improve my skills so I can ace it in the future.

Interview Questions

• Online Assessment. 2x medium level algorithms and data structures questions to solve in 45 minutes. (I don't think I'm allowed to share the questions)   2 Answers

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in March 2020.

Interview

A recruited contacted me for the Graduate SWE role in March 2020 and we set up a call. This involved a couple of quick questions on Big O. Then I scheduled the first technical interview where I received one simple problem which became more complex as it was built up by different constraints. Soon after the interview, I got an email from the recruiter telling me that I passed and I was moved on to a different recruiter who was dealing with on-sites. As this whole process happened during the pandemic, the on-site interviews were done online. I had 5 (4 tech, 1 behavioral) with one hour lunch break. 2 weeks after the on-site interviews, I reached to the recruiter to ask if they made a decision and he called me to tell me the bad news, but he provided me with a detailed feedback which was really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Similar to CTCI or Leetcode questions (level medium/hard).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Melbourne).

Interview

2 Telephonic Interviews (Technical), 45 min each.
    The Interviewer calls on your phone and requires to code on shared Google Doc. Important to speak your thoughts.
    Selected for a final day interview at Sydney Office. (4 Technical + 1 Behavioral Interview)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.