Nasdaq Software Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Nasdaq Software Development Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Nasdaq

3.3

Software Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

- Initial brief phone call with recruiter. Typical conversation about background.
- 45 minute conversation with manager going over technical background. Pleasant conversation about goals/future expectations. Seemed liked a really nice guy. Sent a take home assignment for me to do in a short amount of time. Requirements were open ended but somewhat confusing, so I had to clarify with follow up email.
- Several days later I had a 30 minute phone call with a senior/lead architect who was really nice. Went over background and asked some technical questions around technology and API design. Nothing complicated at all.
- Final interview was supposed to be with 5 people. For me it was only two, with the third being sick. First part was with the manager from the phone who just asked a white board design question about building and scaling out an app, and then a brain teaser. No chit chat like on the phone, just straight to technical. Second part was with a developer who went over Java technical questions about threads, Spring framework, hashmaps, OOP, etc. Third guy was out sick but manager said he would contact me about scheduling a video chat later in the week. I reached out to manager the next day but never heard back. Got an automated email a couple days later from Nasdaq saying they went with someone else.

Besides the take home project, the interview process was pretty straight forward. The people I spoke or met with all seemed to be really nice people to work with. All the technologies and projects discussed seemed really interesting. Not sure what happened at the end of the interview process. Would have been better if manager just said recruiter would reach out to me instead of leading me to believe there would be another interview. Either way I enjoyed the interview and thought it was a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How does a hash table work? Why override equals and hashcode?
    Some simple stuff involving Java threading
    General spring framework questions. Nothing crazy.
    You have an application on a single sever. What technologies would you use? How would you scale the database? How would you scale the servers if more requests come in? How would you secure the app? Caching? Etc   Answer Question

Nasdaq Response

15 May 2018 – HR Representative

Thanks for your feedback, and we’re sorry to hear that your interview experience ended that way. We are always trying to find ways to improve our candidate experience, so your feedback will help us address these communication and follow-up issues in the future. Your openness and candor is beneficial as we look to revamp some areas of our recruiting process. We really hope you continue to explore our available opportunities in the future at www.nasdaq.com/careers.

Other Interview Reviews for Nasdaq

Software Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2019.

Interview

I interviewed as senior iOS developer. The interview process took 2 weeks. I was called for face 2 face interview on Nasdaq premises in Bangalore. I had 2 rounds of interview that day.
    First round was entirely iOS specific and second round was more from a architectural perspective and involved interesting puzzles to solve.
    Later I was interviewed on call by a senior manager about Application Security standpoint. And lastly a holistic HR round.

HR were very helpful and cooperative. Much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• iOS application Lifecycle, View controller Life cycle, closures, memory management, core data
      Design Patterns: Singleton, MVVM, Factory, Strategy   Answer Question
    • Deep dive in closures, GCD, sync/async Queues, serial/concurrent tasks, task cancellation etc   Answer Question
    • 25 horses, 5 tracks, minimum number of races to find fastest 3 horses   Answer Question
    • Designing system for a 100 story building with 8 elevators   Answer Question
    • Given a grid with weighted edges, find path from point A to B with least sum of weight. Next assume congestion on a specific point (weight changed dynamically) in that route and re calculate the route   Answer Question

Software Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq in July 2019.

Interview

The process took 4+ weeks. But the entire process was smooth and clean.
    1st being telephonic - Basic core java questions and little bit about the project you will be working on.
    2nd being F2F(video conf.) - In continuation with 1st round which is basically a coding round. They look for simple clean and optimized code
    3rd being telephonic again - Similar to F2F round
    4th is HR
    They took little time to roll out the offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.