Optus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 23 Feb 2019

2.8

Sort:

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

Organized and professional environment

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

I went through a Recruitment agency, i then interviewed with 2 senior Executive Assistants. Once they had given the tick of approval, i then then interviewed directly with the executive i would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Background experience was asked. And what i could bring to the organization.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney) in January 2018.

Interview

I have applied in Nov 2017 and got a call for the interview in Jan 2018, it was a long selection process it took around 2 months for the interview call then face to face interview.

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied this job through recruitment agency. It was my first interview to big company and overwhelmed. But Interviewer was very welcoming and make myself comfortable. Due to my lack of preparation, i didn't get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at our company, Behavioral Question.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney) in July 2017.

Interview

referred internally through my manager and took part in one round of Interview with both the Hiring manager and Technical expert at the same time.

I believe the hiring manager already had very good options available to him for this position but still he went through with interviewing applicants with the right background and skills.

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions about their field of operation plus some experience and soft skills related questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optus in June 2009.

Interview

Contacted for an interview with 2 days time to prepare, asked to come in for one on one interview. After the one on one interview had a group interview and then a presentation on how I would pitch certain products and offerings.
    * format of the interview: 4 hours in total:
    - one-on-one interview
    - team debate
    - team exercise
    - short optus quiz on what i know about them

Interview Questions

Received another job offer.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview people without intention to hire. I think they do it to take ideas from others experience, when they had no intention to even consider the person for a role.

Interview Questions

• Highly scripted interview questions and expect mechanical scripted answers otherwise the very young HR interviewers and managers get 'confused'!   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

detailed 2 interviews
    really good mix of telling you about the organisation and role and sharing your experience. got back fast and gave feedback on what they liked and what they needed more information on.

Interview Questions

• what you could bring to the role   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney) in January 2009.

Interview

There are usually 3 interviews depending on the department. There should be an initial HR interview, an interview with the hiring leader and another leader at the same level and the final interview is with the 2nd level manager and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They usually would explain a scenario about what's happening in the business and ask you to come up with a strategy and a solution. What you would do, how you would approach it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Optus is an extremely professional organisation. The negotiation phase was fine, they are accommodating as long as you make a valuable business case and be professional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney) in April 2011.

Interview

I originally responded to advertisements on Seek and Linkedin. I then recieved a response in an email that they were interested in speaking to me. Followed by three to four calls with an inhouse recruiter that led to face to face interviews with the hiring manager. The experience was positive throughout the recruitment process and there was good communication and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Mostly wanted to know about my background and experience, sales skills, etc.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.