Optus Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Optus Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Optus

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney).

Interview

I applied for Christmas casual position. The process was quite easy and straightforward.
I applied online and got a phone interview followed by an assessment centre. Assessment centre was held in their HQ in Macquarie Park and had 2 sessions: group activity and one on on interview with one of the store manager. The group activity was picking the 3 objects you was to bring with you if you were to be stranded on a desert island

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Optus

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Optus (Perth, Western Australia) in August 2014.

Interview

Casual interview no real behavioural questions, Down to earth manager who talked to you 1 on 1. Believe i had a phone screening before hand with very easy questions. Talked about the benefits with working with optus and what they provided to high achievers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

was easy. phone then in person interview with area manager. refrence check. situational questions thats it and got the job the next day. started first day with minimal training and out of probation in 3 months.

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Optus (Perth, Western Australia) in January 2018.

Interview

. Music (singing, performing in small gigs and playing the guitar) 2. Reading fictional and non-fictional books. 3. Interested in Astrophysics 4. I handle my family business's social media pages and I enjoy marketing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Optus (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for a position on the Singtel Careers site. It took them about 3 weeks - one month to get back to me after I applied. I didn't think they wanted to proceed with an interview, however, they asked me to submit a video interview within 5 days. The video interview was very daunting because you get one chance to record yourself and not a lot of time to prepare. A little tip: have a notebook close by with popular interview questions to look over during the preparation time as well as a notepad for dot points in case there's a question you haven't considered. There were about 7 questions on the digital interview and took approximately 20 minutes. It's been 3 weeks since I submitted the video interview and I still haven't heard back. According to Singtel, I've been shortlisted to the hiring manager since August - they probably haven't reviewed my video yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you demonstrated exceptional sales skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself? What makes you different from other candidates?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Optus (Melbourne) in December 2012.

Interview

Very easy, traditional resume will do. You will receive a call and set an appointment time. Then, in your interview you will outline why you are suitable for the role. It is very important to highlight your experience however if you don't have any then keep your answers short and clear.
    Communication is vital and knowing your main point will show that you are capable of effective sales person who represents the Optus front end.

Not that hard really.

Interview Questions

• Angry customers whom seek revenge on the store/staff/company, threaten to leave… threaten to inflict violence on staff.. angry at Optus' warranty turnaround time.. angry at Optus' bureaucratic way of handling refunds/breaking contracts/faulty product.
      All of the above are day to day <---- this is what you get paid to do that is the job - dealing with satisfied AND Dissatisfied ones. That is what retail is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much available to negotiate. However important to negotiate a higher starting wage from the beginning.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.