Origin Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Origin Energy

2.8

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in November 2011.

Interview

Two interviews were needed these were held in the managers office they were in a hurry to fill the contract it started out as 6 months and was extended Origin used a labour hire agency to hire the contractors so they were at arms length. This process was very quick as the recruiter was focussed on making a placement and they had been looking for someone for some time

Interview Questions

• Can't remember sorry. Mosty discussion about the role and my background.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Melbourne) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by face to face interview by junior people. Typical style of questions and a skills test which I consider lower level than the job offered. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Questioned my experience on something which I had not represented any knowledge. Was able to talk to it, but I found it odd to be put on the spot for a random, non-relevant topic.   Answer Question

Senior Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in August 2018.

Interview

One face to face interview - Organise by HR person who contacted me and scheduled the interview - Typical scripted questions - Process took 1 1/2 hour - Two interviewers (hiring manager and other lawyer) -

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in August 2012.

Interview

Prior applying for this job, I did some consulting work for Origin APLNG and was well-received.
    3 rounds - I was interviewed for LNG reservoir engineer, Origin/ConocoPhlips/Sinopec project.
    1.HR telephone interview (20min), just general information, typical HR question
    2. Spoke with Chief Petroleum Engineer on phone (15min-20min)-also more general background verification, work inspiration, finding out why I want to join Origin. Chief PE is function role so not related to the team who has the vacancy.
    3. Technical interview (1hr+)-this is a serious and most important one. Panel include the Team leader who also happened to be a very experienced hardcore RE + 1 more principle level reservoir engineer (both COP secondees) + 1 function team representative and 1HR . Very tough technical questions, in a friendly and non-threatening environment.

Interview Questions

• I guess I am not used to those "what if" questions that came from the HR templates.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was first. Always with technical colleagues (and one reporting manager up); HR attended a later (Skype) interview but I don't recall any questions. Once a suitable role was identified and the hiring manager (and I) were happy to proceed, it took several months to mature the contract. When it arrived, it had errors (incorrect bonus percentage) and it took another month+ to correct.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Australia?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied directly with Origin
    It took a couple of months before being invited to a formal interview.
    It was a relaxed environment with HR and a member of the team.
    There style of questions were behavioural based and I had to give many examples of previous situations I had been in and how they were planned/resolved.
    It took roughly half an hour and took around 2 weeks before the position was officially offered.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in June 2016.

Interview

Group work to discuss a scenario then each of us give a presentation of about 2 minutes. Interview with 2 employees afterwards. It was a good and organised interview overall.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in August 2017.

Interview

Long process with multiple stages as expected. Phone interview and tests were generally easy but the assessment center was intense. Lots of suited kids and previous graduates smiling through clenched teeth.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the Origin Energy values to better suit your own personal values?

Think of a situation when you have had to negotiate a decision with a team where its members had conflicting views to your own?

Talk about a situation where you have had to change direction on work/projects.

Technical- Seismic section asking about CSG. Question/s were vague, ambiguous and broad. Part geology part geophys. More environmental engineering, impact and prevention questions than geology. Suffered from whitemalesyndrome on the day. Company more concerned about political agenda and public image than technical and personal skills.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane).

Interview

I applied online. The next stage was a video interview recording with three questions. You were able to re-record your answers as many times as you wanted. These were about motivation and they also asked you to describe a project that you enjoyed working on.
    Next was an assessment centre. This included a group exercise where you discussed a problem and you presented as a group. There was also a 20 minute face to face interview with one technical question and a Q and A session.

Interview Questions

• What are origin's and how do they resonate with your own values?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Origin Energy in October 2018.

Interview

Online Q&A, half day face to face interview, group tasks etc Need to be prepared to be pushed outside of your comfort zone. On the spot presentation infant half a dozen origin staff

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.