Origin Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Origin Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Origin Energy

2.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Origin Energy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I have a backgroynd in Energy sales and they wasted a great deal of my time. I applied for one position and went in for an interview, while waiting to hear back their hr team rang and advised me they would like me to interview for a different position, I came in again. I waited a few more days and was told to reapply for the original position I applied for and to come in to interview again. In total I interviewed four times and did not hear back about any of the positions

Energy Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Sydney) in August 2019.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions if you are fit for the role and knowledge regarding the energy market of Australia. The interviewers are friendly and listens eagerly to your answers. It was a good experience.

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Melbourne) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview about my previous job and was then offered an interview on the call, had a one on one interview in Call Centre with general questions in regards to customer handling and experience and was told I had the job 2 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Think of a difficult customer, how did you resolve their issue (STAR METHOD)   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Origin Energy in October 2018.

Interview

Online Q&A, half day face to face interview, group tasks etc Need to be prepared to be pushed outside of your comfort zone. On the spot presentation infant half a dozen origin staff

Senior Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane) in August 2018.

Interview

One face to face interview - Organise by HR person who contacted me and scheduled the interview - Typical scripted questions - Process took 1 1/2 hour - Two interviewers (hiring manager and other lawyer) -

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Adelaide) in April 2018.

Interview

An online interview, followed by a call from the Recruiter about my shortlist, lastly an on-demand video interview. Post this I was called to the Origin Office for a Group activity, Role-play and a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation that you faced at work   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Origin Energy in March 2018.

Interview

The process was quite quick. Applied online, got an invite for a video interview. General questions about previous experience, suitability of the role. Then was invited for a face to face. Then verbal offer. The whole process took 2 weeks. The interviewers were friendly and overall engaging experience

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a team that had various opinion ?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Origin Energy in January 2018.

Interview

30min interview with an HR rep, direct manager and a potential colleague in the same role. Discussed working style, working environment, career history and plans, and answered a series of questions reflective of the role responsibilities.
    The interview went well and I was verbally encouraged to continue to pursue the role as they had more openings coming up, however in my follow up call with HR I was told that I did not have the experience they were looking for. I found out a short while later that they had promoted from within, which was the intention all along. It was disappointing to receive misleading information and have my time wasted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone and clashed with them, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Origin Energy.

Interview

Relatively informal. 2 person panel interview. 1 interview.
    Questions varied from personal, technical, leadership and even asking my opinion on matters. Numerous examples of my experience were discussed and probed.
    An interesting number of hypothetical questions were also thrown at me ('What Ifs' and 'How might you'). These were not tokenistic character questions; more like assessing my technical and problem solving aptitude.
    Interview went for approximately 2.5 hrs.

Overall, I'd have to say it was one of the more in-depth and insightful interviews I've had. Felt more conversational in tone. I got to ask lots of questions and learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult people. Cite examples.   1 Answer

Senior Resolutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Origin Energy (Melbourne) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very inviting and the encouragement is definitely there. The interviewers were cheerful and overly positive about everything to be working in this company. Have it a go

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in a diverse and multicultural working environment?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.