Prospa Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Prospa Interview Questions

Interviews at Prospa

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prospa (Sydney) in May 2019.

Interview

Pros: Great process. Amazing interviewers. 30 min telephonic interview . Face to face 1 hour behavioural followed by 1.5 hour technical interview. Great conversation with behavioral interview guys.
    Cons: very dishonest feedback. Answered all questions asked in all parts of the process. Every single of them in the entire 2.5 hour duration. Technical interview had 4 coding questions. Had almost 24 test cases of which ~ 20 passed. Was given excellent feedback at the spot. As i was trying to fix the 4~5 failing test cases, i was told not to worry about the failed ones as I did great with rest of the questions. (Exact words)

Result- rejected.
    Reason given- struggled in technical interview.

Its not about the outcome, its about demotivating someone with dishonest feedback. 20 out of 24 test cases passed. Code had no compilation or runtime errors. All cases handled with modern linq /lambda technique. Looking back, i feel It was one of my best interviews and I couldn't have done better.

Lesson learnt- I've failed many interviews in the past and might fail many in future but a dishonest feedback is much worse than failure. It can take a toll on candidate's mental state.

Reason for getting rejected I think- asked for salary more than Prospa was offering for the role. So why not just say that directly? Very unprofessional from such a reputed organisation.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prospa (Sydney) in November 2018.

Interview

4 stage interview- 1st stage was a 1 hour phone call, 2nd stage was a face to face with hiring manager and work shopping problem solving skills and approach, 3rd stage was a challenge question and 4th stage was a cultural interview with culture ambassadors and hiring manager and manager-once-removed

Interview Questions

• What have you done in previous roles to increase diversity in the team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where others have failed in a task but you have been able to excel at?   Answer Question

Prospa Response

12 Nov 2018 – People & Culture

Thanks for leaving this review.

.NET Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prospa (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Live coding, they would sit with you as you code and check your what you're trying to do through a big monitor screen. This is not as effective as they thought it would be because of the pressure the programmer has to go through. The talent acquisition only brief me that I would have to take initiative of the company details but they are very dishonest, they should've just gave me an honest feedback.

After that, no follow ups or update will be given to you if you passed or not, contrary to what they did from the hiring process, they kept on calling using different numbers.

Interview Questions

• What are your day to day task in current company, what technologies do you use.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prospa (Sydney) in April 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for 3.5hrs. First 1.5 hrs by a team lead in shorts & t-shirt. Half way through the interview he confessed to being drunk. His manager then joined us and quizzed me for another 2 hrs until I called time. I was asked to present on data modelling, architecture, my management style and past BI experience, none of which related to the data engineering role I applied for. Despite this, the interview ended positively. The job was then pulled the following day and re-posted as a Business Intelligence Job based on my input. I was later informed that I was not a 'right fit'. Apparently it's common for startups like Prospa to use the interview process for gathering free technical advice without having to pay consultants. I expect to see Data Engineer & BI vacancies posted regularly on their job board without being filled.

Prospa Response

9 Sep 2019

Thank you for your review. We take the feedback very seriously and have conducted a thorough retrospective. We put a lot of effort into designing the right roles here at Prospa and take just as much care in filling them with the right people, as such we take the recruitment process very seriously. This means taking the time to determine capabilities, attitude and alignment to our core values, such as being one team and obsessing about our customers.

To address a few of the points you outline, the example system described in the interview process is a recruitment task that enables the interviewer to assess capabilities by understanding how you would improve the system as a senior engineer. It’s our understanding that you interviewed during a company event where we were celebrating the launch of a new product, which was explained as to why the office didn’t have its usual buzz. Your interviewer had not attended this celebration or been drinking beforehand. To confirm, we did fill the Data Engineer role that you interviewed for. The BI role you mention was a separate role we were recruiting for at the time, which has also been filled.

If you’d like to discuss your feedback further, please reach out to the Prospa Talent Acquisition team at careers@prospa.com

Lead Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prospa (Sydney) in June 2019.

Interview

I received a call on the same day I had applied for the role. In the next conversation, a f2f was set up with a head of product. During the interview, I realised the interviewer didn't even review my resume or my portfolio before calling me for a meeting. I felt that was laid back and unprofessional approach for hiring a senior role. I recommend to the hiring managers to at least learn well about the candidate as it shows how much home work you have done before. Please know this - To hire good talent, place good interviewers that can represent the organisation well and entice the right talent.

Strategic Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Prospa (Sydney) in August 2019.

Interview

It was 4 rounds with various people. I think I met 6 people in total. Everyone was really lovely. They did a great job of selling the company and were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought about their social media usage/channels.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.