Red Hat Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Red Hat Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Red Hat

3.2

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick, interviewer was very friendly and relaxed the whole process. The process contained 2 calls from technicians which was great. usually they ask you about technical questions, they asked me what I know and what I was working with last months. The face to face interview was relaxed, wish other companies have the same approach. The recruiters and interviewer are very friendly. Don't need to be stressed.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies you know and have been working with last months?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brisbane) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview would be conducted by multiple people including hiring manager. 1 non-technical, 2 technical and 1 behavioural interview. Some cases it would be 3 technical and 1 non-technical and behavioural round.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the tough situation you have faced in your previous jobs and how did you overcome it?
      Q: What is the Proud moment in your career?
      Q: Why did you apply for this role at Red Hat?
      Q: What areas you have worked in OpenStack?
      Q: What kind of clustering you will use in OpenStack?
      Q: What kind of Deployment you used and what are various kinds of deployments available?
      Q: How services communicate in OpenStack?
      Q: How do you look at yourself in 5-10 years down the lane?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Initial rounds of interview happen by phone. A few of the rounds include interviews in both English and Portuguese, and might include Spanish depending on your job role requirements. One of the steps include very deep technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you can use strace/ptrace to debug a program that keeps core dumping.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brisbane) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through seek.com.au for Australia. The corporate recruiter contacted me, explained me company culture, job requirements, my eligibility to work in Australia.

Next it was a technical telephone interview. A senior technical resource interviewed me and ask relevant questions related to Java and JBoss.

Next I was asked for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed at their Mountain View, California office. There were three interviews, one in person, two over conference call (since the job was in Australia). Their main focus is more towards determining whether I will be a good fit in Red Hat's company culture, hence the questions were not technical in nature, rather it focused on soft skills (you need to describe how you fit in Red Hat's core values, and relate your experience with the core values).

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question that I recall. Be prepared to expect lot of questions on how you will fit in Red Hat's core values.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered market salary applicable in Brisbane market for a senior resource. I asked for perks like medicals etc. but these weren't covered by Australia office. By law, 9% was added by employer to Superannuation which was in addition of base salary.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.